Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2015, 08:09   #706
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Fiesta' GC is sufficient given the traits of the suspension and wheelbase of the car.
+1 to @deetjohn. GC should be looked in conjunction with suspension. Linea/Fiesta can have a good clearance, as their suspension is stiff. I had once test driven the Fiesta (the version before the current face lift). And sure enough, in spite of what looked like a low slung sedan, it nicely went over the worst of humps in Bangalore.
Old 8th June 2015, 12:02   #707
BHPian

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what's the right interval to do the tyre rotation. The manual says to pick an interval between 5000 and 10000 kilometres. That seems kinda vague.

"To make sure the front and rear tires of your vehicle wear evenly and last longer, we recommend that you swap the tires from front to rear and vice versa at regular intervals between 5,000 km and 10,000 km."

Thanks.
Old 8th June 2015, 12:18   #708
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Can someone please tell me what's the right interval to do the tyre rotation. The manual says to pick an interval between 5000 and 10000 kilometres. That seems kinda vague.
In my Swift, I do the wheel alignment + balancing ever 5K kms and tyre rotation is done every 10K kms.

It all boils down onto the road you travel, how regularly you check + maintain air pressures and driving style so on an average tyre rotation can be done every 10K kms.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 11:39   #709
BHPian

Guys the Fiesta 2014 production is probably stopped. I took a second tests drive to decide book my FF2014. The SA could not get me a white Trend. Tye only colour available was Bronze and none & White in TITANIUM. Enquired in Chennai and Coimbatore. So now the probabilities are either a good piece of discount on the stock cars or no more Fiesta for a while. An insider tit bit also confirms production suspension.

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2015 at 11:41. Reason: Removed extra dots
Old 9th June 2015, 12:31   #710
BHPian

This might be a temporary halt to support production of Figo Aspire. Or they might be producing car basis its demand, which I think is very low. I saw a white Fiesta in Andheri, and it looks stunning. I saw one on the expressway some days back and it looked amazing. It was stable doing tripple digit speeds.
Dieselritzer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 13:33   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
This might be a temporary halt to support production of Figo Aspire. Or they might be producing car basis its demand, which I think is very low.
AFAIK Figo Aspire will be produced from Ford`s new plant in Sanand unlike Fiesta, ecosport and current Figo which are manufactured from Chennai plant, so this rumor if true then it has nothing to do with the production of other cars.
Old 9th June 2015, 16:12   #712
BANNED

The May sales figure of Fiesta shows 46! If it's including Classic and Fiesta then the above rumours might be right. Even if all 46 are Fiesta still it won't be worth the energies to keep a production line. This sales figures are dashing my hopes of picking the Fiesta with the DCT.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 16:41   #713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The May sales figure of Fiesta shows 46! If it's including Classic and Fiesta then the above rumours might be right. Even if all 46 are Fiesta still it won't be worth the energies to keep a production line. This sales figures are dashing my hopes of picking the Fiesta with the DCT.
You. Me. 2 disappointed customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Arun and Rationalist, together your cars form 4.3% of the monthly sales
More like unrealized sales . I've been waiting to replace my EcoBoost EcoSport with an EcoBoost Fiesta (and hopefully with DCT). Now I'll just have to stick with the EcoSport.

Last edited by arunphilip : 9th June 2015 at 16:53.
arunphilip is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 16:49   #714
BHPian

Arun and Rationalist, together your cars form 4.3% of the monthly sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
You. Me. 2 disappointed customers.
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 17:31   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssmano View Post
Guys the Fiesta 2014 production is probably stopped. I took a second tests drive to decide book my FF2014. The SA could not get me a white Trend. Tye only colour available was Bronze and none & White in TITANIUM. Enquired in Chennai and Coimbatore. So now the probabilities are either a good piece of discount on the stock cars or no more Fiesta for a while. An insider tit bit also confirms production suspension.
So what I have read back in February is for real. If I am not wrong there is going to be a full sized Figo aspire will be replacing the 2014 Ford Fiesta. It could be in the line up for next year since Ford already had 4 this year.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-look-39.html
lakshman1067 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 18:39   #716
BHPian

Hey guys, I am planning to buy a fiesta trend smoke grey color within a day or two in exchange for my endeavour 2006 4x2 xlt, 92500 km run. The dealer is quoting 6.20lac extra under exchange for 2014 manufactured fiesta. Any suggestions?
Old 10th June 2015, 10:14   #717

I am not sure if this was said before. If we need to access the different folders on the USB drive, we can go to Menu->SYNC Settings-> Browse USB. There we can play songs from any particular folder.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:41   #718
BHPian

I had booked a white Trend about one month back when I was in U.S.
I was promised a delivery as soon as I come back which I did 2 days back. For last 2 days, I am being told that the car would arrive in next 2-3 days and today they called and told that a white Trend is not possible and I could get a Titanium that is readily available with them. This is ridiculous! I have clearly told them that I won't go for Titanium and will cancel my booking if they couldn't arrange a Trend.
Old 10th June 2015, 22:37   #719
BANNED

What I heard from a known sales guy in MPL Ford Chennai is that they don't have any target numbers for Fiesta in their quota. Either the sales managers or the RSM from Ford have no clue on allotments or production build numbers for the car. It looks like the future of Fiesta is dwindling at the mercy of Ford in India. Why Ford why?? :banghead:
Old 11th June 2015, 09:44   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I had booked a white Trend about one month back when I was in U.S.
I was promised a delivery as soon as I come back which I did 2 days back. For last 2 days, I am being told that the car would arrive in next 2-3 days and today they called and told that a white Trend is not possible and I could get a Titanium that is readily available with them. This is ridiculous! I have clearly told them that I won't go for Titanium and will cancel my booking if they couldn't arrange a Trend.
Requoting my own post!
Need help here guys. I am getting Insurance, Standard Fitments and Rs.10k of discount on Titanium. This totals to about 45k. If I had got a Trend, I would buy Alloys for 25-30k, taking costs further up. So, difference between Titanium and the Trend I was supposed to get doesn't seem that big at ~70k, free insurance on Titanium and standard Alloys are the major contribitor. Hence, I have decided to go with Titanium.
I need all your expert advice mates.
Also, what is with stopping production at Chennai plant? Fiesta is a market flop, so Ford has to pull the plug some day. But has that day already come?
If yes, is it advisable to buy this car now?
Plus, stopping the production means srock clearance that leads to lucrative discounts, so should I again try to get some more discount?

Most Viewed