Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2015, 17:36   #571

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Permission to enter the tribe!

After being frustrated with Ford, got a sweet deal and got the Fiesta Titanium on Friday.
Boy i must say 'Paisa vasool'!
Old 22nd February 2015, 19:49   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVSC View Post
After being frustrated with Ford, got a sweet deal and got the Fiesta Titanium on Friday.
Boy i must say 'Paisa vasool'!
Congrats. Mind sharing the deal here
Old 23rd February 2015, 20:41   #573
BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by bblost : 23rd February 2015 at 22:14.
Old 24th February 2015, 16:01   #574
BHPian

I came across a forum(think it was on Motorbash not exactly sure) about Ford testing Ford Ka sedan over 4m length ? Does that mean the current fiesta(2014) is going to be replaced?
Old 27th February 2015, 18:05   #575
Senior - BHPian

Have completed 7k kms on my Fiesta and every thing is going smooth till now, engine has opened up nicely and it is returning 20+ in city on every tankful. Nothing much to report except 1 small issue.

My steering volume controls have been behaving erratically for the past month or so and now have complete stopped working. They do start working once in a while but go dead again. Any self troubleshooting i can do before taking it to the workshop? Tried resetting sync but it did not help.
Planning to get it checked during the 10k service.
Old 1st March 2015, 13:02   #576
BHPian

I had an opportunity to TD Ecosport @Rajshree Ford, coimbatore.After the TD , myself and Vishnu,the Sales executive had a comparison chat of the Ecosport and the new Fiesta. During the long chat he mentioned that the Ford India is planning to stop the production of the new Fiesta (2014). Is this true?
Old 1st March 2015, 21:07   #577
BHPian

Hi Fiesta owners, looking to book a Titanium in Bangalore and join the tribe but a few questions:

1. Is it true that there are no discounts / freebies on the Fiesta? Have any of you got anything?
2. I see that there are quite a few sensors and therefore the points of failure are much more. Has anyone had any reliability issues of these auto wipers / auto head lamps? Coolboy007 seems to be facing similar issues. <worried>.
3. Also concerned that Ford may not see it worth their while to continue production. Will this affect spares availability etc,? Or am I making a mistake going in for a model that is going to be stopped shortly?

Took TDs this weekend and liked the Fiesta and on the verge but these questions are playing on my mind now that am home. :(. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
Old 2nd March 2015, 11:24   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
During the long chat he mentioned that the Ford India is planning to stop the production of the new Fiesta (2014). Is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
3. Also concerned that Ford may not see it worth their while to continue production. Will this affect spares availability etc,? Or am I making a mistake going in for a model that is going to be stopped shortly?
It is anybody' guess. With the new Figo hatch + Aspire sedan, you never know. But considering they are having the detuned 1.5 TDCi on these new launches, and Fiesta has moved up the price band, I guess we may continue to see the Fiesta. But, one can never be certain and its a risk that you need to factor in while making the decision.

But I really doubt whether the sales guy from dealer will have some concrete information about this at all. The Fiesta is not easy to get allotted, and maybe that's why he is trying to push the EcoSport. Again, anybody' guess.

Quote:
2. I see that there are quite a few sensors and therefore the points of failure are much more. Has anyone had any reliability issues of these auto wipers / auto head lamps? Coolboy007 seems to be facing similar issues. <worried>.
The auto wiper/ head lamps debuted with the face-lift mid of last year, so its too early to pass a judgement. The number of cars on roads are also very less.

A colleague of mine has the older version (2011 model) and it is doing alright mechanically. Also, the majority of the mechanical components are shared with EcoSport. So, a bit of assurance there. But these electronic bits will have to stand the test of time. I would have preferred to not have them given a choice. I picked the Titanium for those seats, else I would have happily picked the Trend with those smoked lamps. It does away with that gaudy chrome belt under the window as well
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 22:06   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Fiesta owners, looking to book a Titanium in Bangalore and join the tribe but a few questions:

1. Is it true that there are no discounts / freebies on the Fiesta? Have any of you got anything?

Took TDs this weekend and liked the Fiesta and on the verge but these questions are playing on my mind now that am home. :(. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
My two bits on these -
1. Not awre about Bangalore, but in NCR there were few 2014 Fiestas available till at least mid-Feb, which were offered on good discounts. The SA even mentioned insurance free if 2015 is booked.
2. Valid question, which is difficult to answer categorically as features are quite recent and (a few) are specific to Fiesta. Just to mention, I had the same dilemma while choosing the trim. As deetjohn mentioned, seats are an attraction. Finally, somehow I resisted temptation for Titanium.
3. Fiestas are being exported so Ford would not stop the production. Whether they withdraw it from domestic market - only time will tell. In that case too, spares and service should not be an issue. Understand it is an regulatory obligation too

IMO, Ford is more likely to keep this product alive as a premium offering irrespective of the volumes, same way the Endeavour is being treated.

Last edited by rsm97 : 3rd March 2015 at 22:08.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 12:26   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Firstly - when it comes to driving pleasure - nothing beats the Fiesta in the city. The suspension is incredibly well tuned, the steering is leagues ahead of its competitors (the ones with EPS at least).
Given that the Fiesta and Ecosport share a lot of parts, would be worthwhile checking out the Ecosport's reliability (IIRC nothing has really cropped up, but no harm researching the same).
As for spares availability - again the common points with the Ecosport will definitely help, and Ford should provide support for the car.
I believe that their main focus with the Fiesta isn't the Indian market, but rather exports - and if this is the case, they wouldn't mind the minuscule numbers they sell here, and will should also have support for spares.
I am basing this assumption off their ecosport case, where there was a huge backlog of orders in the Indian market as a large number of Ecosports were being exported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
I came across a forum(think it was on Motorbash not exactly sure) about Ford testing Ford Ka sedan over 4m length ? Does that mean the current fiesta(2014) is going to be replaced?
I would expect the Classic to be replaced.
The Fiesta Hatch globally sits higher up the price ladder than the Ka, thus safe to assume that the Fiesta will continue.
lamborghini is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 13:05   #581
BHPian

Thanks everyone.. I also think the the Classic is going to be replaced with Figo based Compact sedan and the new Ford factory coming up in Gujarat seems to be in line with that. I have 95% made my mind to go with the Ford Fiesta Titanium (got a thing for the start/stop button and the auto wipers/headlamps). I think a good part of the buying decision is also influenced by the dealer / Manufacturer's response and Ford's response at both levels have been good so far. Am getting a lot of push back from friends and family to buy a Honda or a VW but am hoping the car's performance and after sales service will silence them . Not getting much of a discount from the dealers but I guess the Fiesta is VFM at current levels itself.
Old 5th March 2015, 19:11   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I would expect the Classic to be replaced.
The Fiesta Hatch globally sits higher up the price ladder than the Ka, thus safe to assume that the Fiesta will continue.
I totally agree with you and even I was under the same assumption. The Ford Ka sedan that is going to replace Ford Classic and the same one that was displayed in the event was under 4metere. But the testing that has been happening, the sedan was over 4metre and this car does look a bit longer than the displayed ones.

If this is replacing the current Fiesta(2014), No wonder Ford India / sales guys showed any interest in selling the car. This was also confirmed by another automobile site.

Kindly look in this link(Courtesy of Motorids)
http://www.motoroids.com/news/full-s...testing-india/
lakshman1067 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 19:53   #583
BHPian

Even current Fiesta Classic is >4m, so there's nothing wrong in launching Ka+ along with Fiesta'14, both are different cars. They can both co-exist and cater to different categories.

Last edited by jetti : 5th March 2015 at 20:03.
Old 6th March 2015, 11:35   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
During the long chat he mentioned that the Ford India is planning to stop the production of the new Fiesta (2014). Is this true?
Spoke to my ex colleague(General Manager in Ford), he says no plan to stop the production. they are selling only in the metros and not very bullish on big numbers

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 14:51   #585
BHPian

I did test drive the fiesta 8 months ago when my family was looking to replace our old Ford Ikon, I'd say that I felt that the 1.5 TDCi wasn't as fun to drive as the VW or the hyundai's 1.6 diesel's then, producing a mediocre 90bhp. Ford should have tuned it to get more horses, given its great on road handling and ride characteristics. And if i had to chose one i would pick the rapid all day.
And my family did pick the rapid at the end.
Being a ford owner before i must admit that ford's are very reliable and are well built and great handling. But, the competitors are now offering a better package. And i think that is where the sore point is for ford in not able to sell more numbers of the fiesta.
And even the fact that the petrol variant is pulled out from the options list doesn't help the cause either. There were speculations that the 1.0 liter Ecoboost engine which is offered on the Ecosport currently could make its way into the hood of the fiesta too, but that unit is a completely imported unit and not a locally produced one. And this would definitely send the prices of the fiesta northwards. And even if that happens, there is the brilliant vento TSI which has already established itself and will be a hurdle for the fiesta!

Most Viewed