Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 16:36   #421
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

for folks who have bought the new kick a** looking Ford Fiesta, pls, i beg you'll, pls write the reviews, driving experience. My ritz is getting old and i am looking for an upgrade in the coming 6 months. I have loved the looks of this car. I drive alone so the lack of spacious rear seat is not a deal breaker for me. But i do have the following questions that i request the car owners to answer in their reviews:

1. Ground Clearance: Is this an issue? I need a GC that equals or exceeds that of Ritz. Also, the front part of the car seems quiet extended, have you'll faced any issues while climbing a hump? or say a upward sloping parking lot entrance? The entrance at my office has quite a upward slope and ive seen the Civic brush its teeth a few times.

2. FE: Is it anywhere near to what the company claims?

Thanks.
Dieselritzer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 17:25   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
1. Ground Clearance: Is this an issue? I need a GC that equals or exceeds that of Ritz. Also, the front part of the car seems quiet extended, have you'll faced any issues while climbing a hump? or say a upward sloping parking lot entrance? The entrance at my office has quite a upward slope and ive seen the Civic brush its teeth a few times.

Thanks.
1. Have driven for over 3000 kms. Scraped once when I went over a hump fast (failed to notice) and was on full load. There was another instance where I moved at a high speed from a downslope to a level road (similar to the up-slope) and the front scraped the surface. Barring these two, no other instances. In both cases, the speed was higher.

2. The best I got on MID was 25.3 when I did a trip on the ORR in Bangalore.
Having said that, in Bangalore traffic, I manage something around 13 and on highways, definitely upwards of 22.
nvramsub is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 17:25   #423
Senior - BHPian

Ownership review is in progress guys, car has completed 1300+ and it is driving like a dream. Carried my dslr to work today and clicked some good quality pictures for your guys. Not very good at camera so please excuse.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-.jpg

Attachment 1299971

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-2.jpg

Attachment 1299973

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-6.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-7.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-9.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-teambhp-5.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I should have my review out this weekend as well and feast all BHPians's eyes with more pictures
I will believe it when it comes out , you said the same 2 weeks back as well buddy, please get the review out, we are all waiting for it.
Quote:
1. Ground Clearance: Is this an issue? I need a GC that equals or exceeds that of Ritz. Also, the front part of the car seems quiet extended, have you'll faced any issues while climbing a hump?
The GC is fine at 170 mm with a short wheelbase and suspension which is quite stiff but you have to be careful as it is a sedan. You can non compare it to Ritz as it is a hatchback, Fiesta's front overhang is quite a bit like my Vento and it would scrape kerbs while parking if you are not careful.

Rest assured, it wont scrape on speed breakers etc if you take care.

Quote:
Thanks.
Oh yes it does, my MID is showing 22.7 at present with city driving (not complete bumper to bumper as i have to go to work at off peak times).

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th October 2014 at 10:03. Reason: Edited to remove repetition of similar images. Thanks
coolboy007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 19:16   #424
BHPian

Did not watch the thread for just a few days, felt like a war zone in two pages

1. My stars were great - worked in Ford, Chennai for 3.5 years
2. Booked the new fiesta after owning Alto, i10, ford classic
3. Ford had not made huge profits till date, but gave any one bad car that made the owner frown(except initial service support)?
4. I (enthusiasts) won't worry about their sales number till i get what I want from the car
5. Don't worry guys( if you won't own a ford) they have plans to stay, support is for sure
6. Let's (fiesta, ford owners) drive with happiness of well spent million

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 07:23   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I should have my review out this weekend as well and feast all BHPians's eyes with more pictures
Wow! Wait, haven't we heard that before?

Quote:
My ownership review is still in the oven, I am hoping I will be able to get it out by this weekend at least
Yay! Here it is. On this very thread.

Please get it out of there ASAP. And if it means taking a day off from work, please do. People are starving here without a single review of the 2014 Fiesta and now all the owners have started teasing us the lesser mortals by posting some awesome pictures once a while. We definitely need to hear from you guys about the whole experience. So, please.
Old 18th October 2014, 09:18   #426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
If Ford had given soft suspension, light steering, rich interiors with added features, then this car might have sold a little more but alas they wasted their money on bucket seats, solid build, engineering a taut chasis with class leading suspension and steering but some people ( a small fraction) love such companies who use their money on core aspects of a car.
You know there is something about a Ford. I am parting ways with one & I know, it will be hard to say my goodbyes. The car has never let me down, no bulbs have gone kaput, not a fuse blown, no issues at all.

The replacement vehicle is a SUV and there is none in the Ford's stable at that price point, especially with a new one round the corner.

You sold your Linea for this? IIRC, you have a petrol Linea, a Vento and an EcoSport. This Fiesta is a petrol or diesel?
Old 18th October 2014, 09:40   #427
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this weekend for sure before Sunday evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I'll be closely watching this space for your review mate. Get it out asap!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats Anachronix! Eagerly waiting for your review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
@anachronix - Your ownership review is overdue ! As penalty you have to put in more pictures now
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Enjoy and your review is awaited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Please do pen in your review of the New Fiesta
Quote:
for folks who have bought the new kick a** looking Ford Fiesta, pls, i beg you'll, pls write the reviews, driving experience.
Oh you guys, thats a lot of motivation for me to get the review out

Taking the car for another photo shoot now!

Quote:
I will believe it when it comes out , you said the same 2 weeks back as well buddy, please get the review out, we are all waiting for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Wow! Wait, haven't we heard that before? Yay! Here it is. On this very thread.
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 11:23   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You sold your Linea for this? IIRC, you have a petrol Linea, a Vento and an EcoSport. This Fiesta is a petrol or diesel?
Ah no, i love our Linea the most and i dont think i would ever be able to part with it. That car taught me what a good handling car drives like, what hydraulic steering means and i still love driving it once in a while.

Linea has done 56,000 kms and is driving like new, its a petrol one. Vento is a diesel and clocked 29,000 kms, Ecosport diesel has done 12,000 kms and now Fiesta diesel is inching close to 2,000 kms mark.

Fiesta is the facelifted one so its a diesel.
Old 18th October 2014, 11:44   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
The hideous dzire belongs to a different segment - where people value peace of mind, reliability, good fuel efficiency , decently peppy motor and Maruti A**. The Fiesta belongs to the C+, where its an also ran in everything apart from handling (even better than linea).
Agreed that it is a segment lower. Perhaps I should have been more verbose (I am lazy while typing on a phone). What I meant was that many consider the 'best' car to be one that sells in large volumes. Agreed, there are reasons why it sells in volumes, some of which have been listed by you.

But certain cars are liked by enthusiasts and have been built for such people. Such people are a miniscule number not only on this forum but also in the country. Certainly they will not like acerbic comments of people who like 'run of the mill' type of cars that take you from point A to point B, however reliable they might be. According to me, and most who read this thread with interest, such cars may be reliable, but equally boring, not only in looks but also on the driving dynamics front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Hideous? That's your perception. So, according to you the one which sells the most isn't necessarily the best. What is the definition of best? I guess in simple language it is something which fulfills most of the required criteria better than others.
Not only me, but you are also not a fan of its looks.. And scores of others. But let us move on to discussing good-looking cars, as otherwise we'd be going OT.

I agree with the other points you've listed on the apparent lack of interest by Ford in promoting the Fiesta though. Even the recent visual comparison of cars in the segment posted by a member had a wrong reference stating that the new Fiesta was one of the costliest in its segment. It was indeed when the 2011 model was introduced, but Ford has made amends on the pricing front in its latest model.

Last edited by vnabhi : 18th October 2014 at 11:47.
Old 18th October 2014, 14:54   #430
BHPian

Quote:
and now Fiesta diesel is inching close to 2,000 kms mark.

Fiesta is the facelifted one so its a diesel.
Hey man, if my memory is good, i remember you saying that the Fiesta is for your sister. she had a chance to do a TD in your white dove?

Please write about her feedback and let the world know that this car can speak to its driver as its meant to

Why should boys have all the fun(not a Ford tag line though)
Old 18th October 2014, 16:17   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Hey man, if my memory is good, i remember you saying that the Fiesta is for your sister. she had a chance to do a TD in your white dove?

Please write about her feedback and let the world know that this car can speak to its driver as its meant to

Why should boys have all the fun(not a Ford tag line though)
Your memory is totally right, this car is for my sister but we are regularly exchanging cars , i take her Fiesta and she gets to drive the Vento on alternate days. I get blown away by Fiesta's handling and she is happy with the torque of Vento.

My job is such that i get to drive some times late at night and the Fiesta is a hoot to drive around roundabouts and corners late night.

If i could connect to one car directly after owning Linea, it has to be Fiesta. More than suspension, its the steering and the bucket seats which are a revelation. The steering feel and accuracy is to be experienced, i just can not describe it in words.

Its one true drivers delight.
Old 18th October 2014, 16:26   #432
BHPian

And here she is!!!

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-039.jpg

Currently in the dealer's stock yard, waiting for me!
Porschefire is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 17:20   #433
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Porsche.

Can feel the excitement. Let me be the first to congratulate you before the beauty is brought home.

She is already a stunner and the colour further adds to the beauty.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 19:58   #434
BHPian

Quote:
And here she is!!!

Attachment 1300249

Many Congratulations!
May I know which dealer in Bangalore? Can you PM me the sales assistant you were in touch with? I am considering a Fiesta too.
ssateesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 00:14   #435
BHPian

Quote:
And here she is!!!

Attachment 1300249

Congrats mate. The paprika red looks hot.
nvramsub is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks