Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 18:39   #586
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Spoke to my ex colleague(General Manager in Ford), he says no plan to stop the production. they are selling only in the metros and not very bullish on big numbers

Cheers
Can you also please ask him why they are not putting in the Eco Boost engine + DCT into the Aston Fiesta?
Old 6th March 2015, 19:05   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Can you also please ask him why they are not putting in the Eco Boost engine + DCT into the Aston Fiesta?
They are not betting on this Fiesta for any numbers in their sales charts and Getting more imported eco boost engines or petrol engines that are totally exported is not in their cards.

Their plan on automatic for any car(except endeavour) is as mysterious as the Fiesta's availability and sales number

Will try for more details this weekend

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 20:35   #588
Team-BHP Support

I have tried to think multiple times: Whats this Fiesta then all about? Is it a placeholder? If so then for what? Looks like they are not exporting Fiesta in a big way (correct me if thats not a right observation). Then for what reason, they are holding on in India? More than anything else, this remains a pure mystery to me. The more I think the more mysterious it becomes!
Old 6th March 2015, 20:43   #589
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I have tried to think multiple times: Whats this Fiesta then all about? Is it a placeholder? If so then for what? Looks like they are not exporting Fiesta in a big way (correct me if thats not a right observation). Then for what reason, they are holding on in India? More than anything else, this remains a pure mystery to me. The more I think the more mysterious it becomes!
Probably just to keep the portfolio a bit more current. Take out the Fiesta, and the only "current" model in Ford India's line-up is the Ecosport. And the minuscule sales notwithstanding, nobody is saying anything bad about the car. Its kind of a positive product for Ford, especially after the facelift

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th March 2015 at 20:48.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 11:02   #590
Senior - BHPian

Bad start to the day :(. Sister just called me to inform that an idiot in a Swift Dzire rammed the left orvm and broke the white plastic panel.

The folding mechanism is working fine so need to ask if i have to get the whole new orvm or the white plastic painted part on orvm is available separately.
Old 7th March 2015, 13:27   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The folding mechanism is working fine so need to ask if i have to get the whole new orvm or the white plastic painted part on orvm is available separately.
I think the child parts strategy will work in your favour, you should be able to get just that cover.
Old 7th March 2015, 13:43   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Bad start to the day :(. Sister just called me to inform that an idiot in a Swift Dzire rammed the left orvm and broke the white plastic panel.

The separate cover is available. You may have to pay for the painting. It will set you back by ~2.2k
Simple_car is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 20:03   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I think the child parts strategy will work in your favour, you should be able to get just that cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
The separate cover is available. You may have to pay for the painting. It will set you back by ~2.2k
Called Harpreet Ford and they do have the part in stock, cost of that cover is 1500 + 400-500 for painting it. Will get the work done on monday, have wrapped the mirror in plastic so rains dont wreak havoc with the motor inside.

Am glad that idiot did not break the whole mirror assembly..
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 06:32   #594
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta has completed one month. And we have done about 1940 KM together. No a bad start at all.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20150307_003.jpg

I have a small squeak coming from the right side when going over speed breakers or potholes. No matter what the speed, and its sounds like a piece of rubber/ plastic rubbing. Don't know whether its the mud flap. The Ford is as expected otherwise.

Laying tiles on road is the latest craze in Kerala. These tiles are like 10cm in height and I had to climb a newly made surface last week where they hadn't fully done up the approach road. The Fiesta was loaded and I feared for the 156 mm ground clearance and the sharp front bumper. But the car didn't touch anywhere. The stiff suspension helps. And its not at the cost of comfort .

Last edited by deetjohn : 8th March 2015 at 06:38. Reason: Removing extra smiley. :)
deetjohn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 07:23   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I have a small squeak coming from the right side when going over speed breakers or potholes. No matter what the speed, and its sounds like a piece of rubber/ plastic rubbing. Don't know whether its the mud flap. The Ford is as expected otherwise.
Is the sound something similar when two pieces of thermocols are rubbed together (lightly)? Like a squeak rather than a "tak-tak" sound? And is it from the dash (near the windshield) ?
Old 8th March 2015, 11:03   #596
BHPian

Quote:
The Fiesta has completed one month. And we have done about 1940 KM together. No a bad start at all.

Attachment 1347620

Laying tiles on road is the latest craze in Kerala. These tiles are like 10cm in height and I had to climb a newly made surface last week where they hadn't fully done up the approach road. The Fiesta was loaded and I feared for the 156 mm ground clearance and the sharp front bumper. But the car didn't touch anywhere. The stiff suspension helps. And its not at the cost of comfort .
Congrats on your new Car Deet! Lets know where the sound was from. Me and my fiesta crossed 7k kms in two months and is waiting for the first service. Happy driving mate.
Old 8th March 2015, 17:55   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
I totally agree with you and even I was under the same assumption. The Ford Ka sedan that is going to replace Ford Classic and the same one that was displayed in the event was under 4metere. But the testing that has been happening, the sedan was over 4metre and this car does look a bit longer than the displayed ones.

If this is replacing the current Fiesta(2014), No wonder Ford India / sales guys showed any interest in selling the car. This was also confirmed by another automobile site.

Kindly look in this link(Courtesy of Motorids)
http://www.motoroids.com/news/full-s...testing-india/

It will be surprising if new concept sedan (sub-4m) and Ka+ (above 4m) are launched together or close to each other. The impression right now at the dealer's end is that one is in the offing.

Ford actually offers four sedans; KA+, Fiesta, Focus & Fusion; together in Brazil. They linearly move up the chain of size/price/engine-power/features, avoiding overlaps in territory. By this logic, offering three sedans in India can be a strategy but it is tricky if two of them fall in C2 segment. IMO, it will be too aggressive to expect Ford to do so in India.
Old 8th March 2015, 18:04   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Is the sound something similar when two pieces of thermocols are rubbed together (lightly)? Like a squeak rather than a "tak-tak" sound? And is it from the dash (near the windshield) ?
Yes Naveen. That's exactly right, a squeak from near the windshield. Sometimes I do wonder whether a sparrow is living there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Congrats on your new Car Deet! Lets know where the sound was from. Me and my fiesta crossed 7k kms in two months and is waiting for the first service. Happy driving mate.
Thanks and Wow! That's some running. Taking it a bit easy now. Didn't you take the car to Ford at 2500? I am planning to do a oil + filter change even though its not mandated.
Old 8th March 2015, 18:18   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taking it a bit easy now. Didn't you take the car to Ford at 2500? I am planning to do a oil + filter change even though its not mandated.
Its a good idea mate. Since Ford uses mineral oil, it will not burn a hole in your pocket and would only cost 1600-1700 for the filter+oil change. I had got the same change during my service at 2500 kms and would recommend to go for it. We all pamper our cars like a baby so 2k wont hurt.

Going to service centre tomorrow to get the new side mirror cover fitted, estimated cost of the job is 2k and around 3-4 hours. Will also show the steering controls which work erratically.
Old 9th March 2015, 23:07   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Naveen. That's exactly right, a squeak from near the windshield. Sometimes I do wonder whether a sparrow is living there.

Thanks and Wow! That's some running. Taking it a bit easy now. Didn't you take the car to Ford at 2500? I am planning to do a oil + filter change even though its not mandated.
Yep took her for the 2.5k treat in Kairali ford Muvatupuzha, All they did was a clean up the and updated the software(not sure what is the purpose). Im kind of planning to give it for the first official service next week, since diesel prices are climbing a tad worried about mileage its giving me around 16kmpl need to check it.

Most Viewed