Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2015, 02:05   #676
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Surprise Surprise! just checked my spare tire and found that its only R14 and can only be used for speed less than 80kmph (a spare tire by all means )
Old 18th April 2015, 12:34   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
The stock 15 inch alloys of the 2011 Fiesta are actually available as an OE accessory for the lower variants of Ecosport. (Please refer the below link)

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...=1249024077384

Infact I had seen a couple of Ecosports plying with these during my regular office commute and in the MPL service center here in Chennai. Also when you had decided to upgrade the stock wheels and tyres why not the 16 inch alloys of Ecosport Titanium which I think should look good on Fiesta without any major effect on handling and performace.
Thank you buddy for the link.
2 reasons not to go with 16":
i) Fiesta has a good presence, not like Ciaz, so increasing it's flamboyance with those 16" alloys is not something I wish for. IMO, the humble design of the 15" will do just fine. I somehow like the simplicity they possess.
ii) As another member suggested above that the OEM tyres don't give good buyback, I have dropped the idea of getting new tyres. Anyhow, 195 profile is just enough, no need to increase it to 205.
Also, going with 16" means harsher ride. As the suspension is already good for handeling, why to change to 16"?
Old 30th April 2015, 18:20   #678
BHPian

Went for my 10k service last week, I had this horrible mileage of 16-17 kmpl checked air filter and found that it had some deposit of black sediments changed it and now the mileage is 18-21 kmpl
quakerme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 19:42   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Went for my 10k service last week, I had this horrible mileage of 16-17 kmpl checked air filter and found that it had some deposit of black sediments changed it and now the mileage is 18-21 kmpl
18-21 kmpl is good in any conditions, still curious, do you get 18 in city traffic and 21 on highways both with/wo AC?
Old 13th May 2015, 08:53   #680
BHPian

Friends, I am booking a Diamond White Trend Fiesta with Elite Ford, Marathalli, Bangalore. They are quoting Rs. 50k as booking amount. Need your inputs if this is fine. Also, need inputs from guys in Bangalore on Elite Ford's customer service quality.
Old 15th May 2015, 16:51   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
They are quoting Rs. 50k as booking amount. Need your inputs if this is fine.
50k booking amount for the fiesta seems to be standard. I had paid the same back in October. Go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Interesting. I was also getting a max of 17 on the highways. Thought I was being a little too aggressive . Thanks for the pointer. My 10 k service is coming up and will look at it then.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th May 2015 at 16:53. Reason: Fixed quotes.
Old 16th May 2015, 01:46   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
50k booking amount for the fiesta seems to be standard. I had paid the same back in October. Go for it
Thanks for the confirmation. I have paid the amount.
I had considered Linea Tjet, Polo TSi and the new Fiesta. Polo failed on soft suspension and light steering and Linea on the infamous ergonomics. My size 10 left shoe wasn't able to fit in the cramped space on the left of the clutch to reat on the dead pedal. Also, the clutch travel was too long for my comfort.
But the Fiesta, somehow just clicked. Didn't even consider Ciaz, City or Verna.
Old 17th May 2015, 20:20   #683
BHPian

Had been on a road trip to Mysore - Bandipur - Ooty.
I really enjoyed driving the fiesta on the highway. My wife drove all the way from Bandipur to Ooty. it feels awesome on the hairpin Bends
I brought this car after trading in my old Ikon 1.4 tdci which had clocked 1.25 L kms in 5 yrs. My car is off to its 20k third service in just 9 months.

I do not regret my decision of buying this beauty. Its a head turner.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_1423.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_1425.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_1541.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th May 2015 at 08:44. Reason: edited for formatting
architkarpe is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 08:17   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I really enjoyed driving the fiesta on the highway. My wife drove all the way from Bandipur to Ooty. it feels awesome on the hairpin Bends
Such a beauty this one.. What is that logo above the number plate? Also, you should hide number plate from the pics.
Old 19th May 2015, 13:39   #685
BHPian

Ok will hide the no plate next time but i did not get the point of doing that. Thats the indian arty logo.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th May 2015 at 13:57. Reason: Added punctuation. Please take care next time. Thanks!
Old 19th May 2015, 15:27   #686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok will hide the no plate next time but i did not get the point of doing that. Thats the indian arty logo.
There is no reason to hide the number plate except for your own privacy. That and if a BHPian spots you breaking the rules, you will be called out
However, its a great ride! One of my favourite colors on the fiesta as well!
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 16:27   #687
BANNED

Quote:
I really enjoyed driving the fiesta on the highway.
Dear Architkarpe,
Congrats on the new car. Wish you could make your child sit in the rear seats with seat belts or child seats. However slow or safe you are driving, the kid in a front seat is a dangerous proposition. Don't feel bad.

Regards,
The Rationalist.
Old 19th May 2015, 22:09   #688
BHPian

Hello Sir,
An absolute beauty you've got there. Your choice of colour does great justice to the Aston-esque grill and front design. Do share more about ride, handling and engine performance. I'm considering the Fiesta, but am also stuck between this and the Honda City. Is the overall performance adequate ? An ownership thread would also be very helpful too . Wish you many happy and safe miles.

Last edited by ampere : 19th May 2015 at 22:20. Reason: Typos Fixed
Old 20th May 2015, 00:19   #689
BHPian

Quote:
I brought this car after trading in my old Ikon 1.4 tdci which had clocked 1.25 L kms in 5 yrs. My car is off to its 20k third service in just 9 months.

I do not regret my decision of buying this beauty. Its a head turner.

Head turner indeed. Especially in this color

I also love driving this beauty on the highways.

On a different note, my phone is not pairing with the Sync from last week. Just curious if any of the other fellow fiesta owners faced a similar issue?
Old 20th May 2015, 02:05   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Any chances that the Automatic will get launched this year? I don't understand the delay in launching it as the pre facelift Fiesta had the same Autobox. Or are they are gonna plonk the Ecoboost in the Auto version?
Ecoboost is highly unlikely as being an imported engine, it will take the costs further up, especially for an automatic that is already about Rs.1.xx Lakh costlier than the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingsman View Post
Can anyone say when this one's expected?
Even I wanted to get this one as it is a Dual Clutch Transmission with a clean history, but then couldn't get any launch info, hence booked a manual diesel instead. Petrol auto should cost similar to what corresponding manual diesel costs and then you get diesel's economy and tuning options being a turboed engine.
If you want an automatic, why not have look at the Aspire instead? Launch is certain and near as well. Will save you some duty money too as its a CS.

Most Viewed