Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2015, 20:47   #166

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitthari View Post
They can run but they cannot hide from Team-BHP right? Thanks guys for all the wonderful work you do

Here's a quick question on the spare wheel? Whats going to be the plan is it going to be plonked at the back or under the car? Since I havent come across any photos with the spare wheel at the back, I presume it to be under. How could the car look if its plonked at the back??
That's a valid question, also it does seem smaller than anticipated. Agree with the earlier view that if they don't want to claim the sub 4 mtrs length benefit, they may as well have made it the roomiest in the class.

Comfortable seating for 5 would be the way to broaden the appeal.
Old 18th February 2015, 09:47   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Width wise it looked lesser than Duster but more than Ecosport. As I said, it slots in between.

The rear legroom though looked quite decent. Perhaps more than the Duster.

Height wise very close to the Ecosport. The rear headroom was not less by any count. The photo shows the guy getting into the back in such a way to ensure the rear door doesn't open wide for us to take a peek inside. There was no crouching business.
That's a relief, thanks Vid6639 for confirming. I have been waiting for this one for quite sometime pushing my long overdue upgrade, especially me being 6'1" interior space would be a deal maker (or breaker). Having better rear legroom than Duster, is really awesome.
Old 18th February 2015, 10:26   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
We spotted these test mules inside Belgaum city. We were heading out of the city when fellow mod Ajmat noticed these camouflaged cars. We followed them till they stopped down the road and took these photos much to the chagrin of the hyundai guys there.

The 2 ix25's were being benchmarked against the Duster and Ecosport which were also part of the convoy.

They had projector lamps and LED DRL's. One had alloy wheels of different designs and other had steel wheels.

Size wise it is anyday bigger than the Ecosport read not sub4m. The Duster seemed larger.

Got a quick view of the interiors and it looked similar to international version photos seen before. Rear had AC vents in the centre console.
Seems like the wheel/tyre is of the same size as Eco Sport i.e. 205 / 60 R16.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 06:49   #169
BHPian

Hyundai Ix25 in red looks good -
Video -
Veels n Rhodes is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 08:23   #170
BHPian

Thanks Vid,Ajmat and Suhaas for the latest spy shots .
Somehow I feel Hyundai is testing ix25 for too long, may be because I am a potential buyer

Glad that Hyundai is not changing much in comparison to Chinese model, especially chopping job to make sub 4m. Somehow I too feel that ix25 GC looks low as compared to Ecosport, as few other BHPian's pointed. Is this due to the vehicle positions w.r.t photographer? May be those who seen in person can confirm? Vid, Ajmat any observations about GC and tyre size? I am hoping that higher variants will come with 17 inchers.

I also notice there are two different types of alloys on the first pic (on front and rear wheels). Is it only me? The front alloy looks very similar to Chinese ix25 but not the rear one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The rear window glass area looks small. Hope it will give decent rear space and boot. I am eagerly waiting for this one.

Do not know why Hyundai is bringing a size in between Duster and Ecosport, when they do not get the sub 4 m benefit.
The C-pillar is significantly wider hence rear quarter glass looks small. See the below picture

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-comparison.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 19th March 2015 at 12:13. Reason: Fixing image
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 11:08   #171
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Press Statement on Upcoming Compact SUV - i20 Active

Hyundai Motor India unveils the design expressions of SUV Styled Car named
‘i20 Active’

· Marks Global Debut in India in March 2015

* Inspired by ‘Fluidic Sculpture 2.0’ design philosophy defining the Human
Engineering

New Delhi, February 25, 2015: Hyundai Motor India has today revealed the design renderings of the most awaited SUV looking car. The new offering from Hyundai will be called “i20 Active”. Designed at Hyundai Motor’s Design Centre Europe in Rüsselsheim, Germany, i20 Active is scheduled to make an official Global debut in the Indian market in the month of March 2015.

The i20 Active adopts a ‘Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language- completing a
more sporty, sharper and bold look. The ‘i20 Active’, SUV appearance conveys athletic presence and aggressive side-profile rake. The car combines fun driving, a distinctive character and sporty refinement, with the enhanced practicality and quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-nq_ib_cross_rendering2.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-nq_ib_cross_rendering3.jpg  

Old 25th February 2015, 11:30   #172
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Press Statement on Upcoming Compact SUV - i20 Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Hyundai Motor India unveils the design expressions of SUV Styled Car named
‘i20 Active’

·
This official statement is for the i20 Cross not for the much awaited ix25. So cross coming in March and when is the ix25 coming? Aug 2015
Old 25th February 2015, 12:07   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Hyundai Ix25 in red looks good -
@Ajmat,Vid - Thanks guys for all the pictures

@Veels - The video really makes the ix25 an object of desire

Hope it is in real life too

Would I write a cheque - Not yet - Handling still needs to be proven

Cheers
Old 25th February 2015, 12:58   #174
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Press Statement on Upcoming Compact SUV - i20 Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
This official statement is for the i20 Cross not for the much awaited ix25. So cross coming in March and when is the ix25 coming? Aug 2015
My bad, I saw the words SUV and got excited.
Old 28th February 2015, 20:24   #175
BHPian

This image is found in one of the chinese site - the interior looks like for a lower end trim.
http://dealer.autohome.com.cn/108222...2_2710382.html

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd March 2015 at 09:55. Reason: Image link not working. Removed.
Old 2nd March 2015, 09:38   #176
BHPian

The 2015 Hyundai ix25 compact crossover SUV continues testing in and around Chennai.
reddevilgautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 18:20   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

The ix25 caught in it's testing runs yet again. This time, it's the top variant, judging by the roof rails, alloys & ORVM blinkers.

Note the commanding street presence of this SUV, specially compared to the Honda City in front of it, in the first picture.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25reartheequarterspottedtestinginchennaibyiabreader.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25sidespottedtestinginchennaibyiabreader.jpg

SOURCE - IAB
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 00:27   #178
Senior - BHPian

I got a call today asking me to come over to NSIC Exhibition Grounds, Okhla in New Delhi for Survey cum Preview of a Compact SUV to be launched which also involved a meeting with the Representatives of the Manufacturer and getting Feedback on the new car in concern. They got my number through Ford Dealership only since they were aware that I own the Ecosport and asked me to bring the RC along.

After being alloted an Adviser and Depositing the Mobile Phone at the Counter we proceeded towards the 'Pre-Clinic Room'. A lot many questions regarding the Purchase Decision Factors were present in the Questionnaire and this exercise took 20 minutes or so.

Fast Forward to the 'Main Display Area', a well-lit hall with Scorpio, Duster, ix25 & Ecosport parked together. All Make and Model Identification marks were hidden with Tapes & Papers. Turn by Turn, each and every car was asked to be rated on Various Interior and Exterior Parameters like Ingress/ Egress, Finesse, Looks et al on a Scale of 1 to 5, whereby 5 Indicated the Highest Liking Level and 1 the Lowest.

The Automatic ix25 sported all Black Interiors, a Sporty Steering Wheel, Touchscreen Infotainment System, 17 Inch Alloy wheels with 215 Profile 'Ceat' Tyres (This really Surprised me), Alloy Spare Wheel, Charger Port in the Boot, Projector Headlamps with DRL and a Tilt Steering Wheel (Don't think it was Telescopic). The Diesel Mill Specs are 1.6L 126 BHP and I don't remember those of Petrol.

I was then greeted by some Senior Personnel who undertook Survey on a Tab by showing 10 Different Matrices to analyze 'What if' Scenarios by Interchanging Features provided in the Displayed Cars at different Price Points. If I would buy Car X which has same Engine as Car Y & Projector Headlamps like Car W but priced like a Cheaper Car Z et al.

This is the Stage where they officially divulged that it's a Hyundai Car. Prior to this they kept totally Mum on the make but BHPians have access to Photos from Worldover so it wasn't difficult to identify the car in the first go. This is also where we were asked as to what should be the Price of a Mid-Variant Diesel and Petrol ix25 and later I was told that the 'Client', Hyundai's Representative wants to meet me to Discuss the Feedback. Prior to this meeting, I headed to the 'Post-Clinic' Room where further details were sought on the pricing of the car.

The meeting with the Client was Videographed and precisely went around with Why the ix25 and at what Price. Hyundai seems to be bullish on making a dent in the Ecosport's Playground and that's why Pricing was discussed in Detail.

Overall, as a Satisfied and Proud Owner of Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O) I would say that Ecosport has a Worthy Contender now but only if Price Points are kept in the Range where it hits Ecosport the Hardest.

Since there was no confidentiality agreement or any understanding of that sort, I've posted my experience on the forum.

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2015 at 08:21. Reason: As requested :)
tsk13 is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 07:09   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Overall, as a Satisfied and Proud Owner of Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O) I would say that Ecosport has a Worthy Contender now but only if Price Points are kept in the Range where it hits Ecosport the Hardest.
If they go after Ecosport pricing, then with more space on offer than Ecosport, it surely would make a huge dent into Ecosport sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are contemplating a used X1 vs waiting over 6 months for the ix25. Could you shed more light on seat comfort, A-pillar visibility and whether the seats had manual or power adjustment, lumbar support etc. Also, was the diesel automatic a 4-speed like the Verna or 6-speed like the Elantra? I am sure it would be appreciated not only by me but fellow Bhpians too. Thank you once again.
One point which I am not very positive about is the ride quality. I think we should expect it to be like any other Hyundai. Good straight line stability and ride comfort. But the moment you hit the twisties and winding 2-lane roads, it may get uncomfortable. (Just a speculation here).

Last edited by ampere : 16th March 2015 at 07:38.
Old 16th March 2015, 07:34   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The Automatic ix25 sported all Black Interiors, a Sporty Steering Wheel, Touchscreen Infotainment System, 17 Inch Alloy wheels with 215 Profile 'Ceat' Tyres (This really Surprised me), Alloy Spare Wheel, Charger Port in the Boot, Projector Headlamps with DRL and a Tilt Steering Wheel (Don't think it was Telescopic).
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are contemplating a used X1 vs waiting over 6 months for the ix25. Could you shed more light on seat comfort, A-pillar visibility and whether the seats had manual or power adjustment, lumbar support etc. Also, was the diesel automatic a 4-speed like the Verna or 6-speed like the Elantra? I am sure it would be appreciated not only by me but fellow Bhpians too. Thank you once again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks