Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:44   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Here are more images of the Avventura Abarth.
The Avventura doesn't have any stickers or badges to indicate that it'll be branded as an Abarth. At least, I can't spot any. The badges still say its a 'Fiat'.
Correct me if am wrong, but I think its the Punto that'll be Abarthified, not the Avvy.

Last edited by schakravarthy : 2nd July 2015 at 21:46.
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:10   #377
BHPian

Re: Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!

While this sets my heart racing, I just wish Fiat launches it at the earliest. Enough of pictures I say, I want to see it in the flesh (or metal, should I say.)
Old 3rd July 2015, 00:03   #378
Senior - BHPian

An Abarth simply not an Abarth without those trademark gorgeous wheels! Hope they are find their way to the final version
Old 4th July 2015, 13:04   #379
BHPian

Got this from someone who actually has worked on the car.

Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-fiat_abarth_logo_factory.jpg
frewper is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 19:29   #380
BHPian

So far we have seen multiple spy shots of Fiat Abarth Punto and Abarth Avventura. From a document which was spied inside the Abarth Avventura trial prototype, it is revealed that these upcoming models are under going a 40,000 km endurance test. The document also confirms presence of 4-cylinder, 1.4 litre T-Jet turbocharged petrol engine pumping out 135 hp max power.

Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-1.jpg

And more spy shots of Fiat Abarth Punto
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-2.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-3.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-4.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-5.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-6.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-7.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-8.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-9.jpg

Source: Indiancarsbikes

Last edited by damager21 : 4th July 2015 at 19:47.
damager21 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 22:14   #381
BHPian

Wow thanks for sharing. You can even see a Jeep Wrangler parked next to it.
Old 5th July 2015, 14:45   #382
BHPian

Wondered how the upcoming Abarth Punto would look without all the camouflage? Here is how it would look like:

Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-abarth-punto-front.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-abarth-punto-rear.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-abarth-punto-tyres.jpg
Name:  White Abarth Punto.png
Views: 2564
Size:  503.0 KB
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-abarth-punto-side.jpg

Pics have been digitally modified
damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 15:11   #383
BHPian

It is heartening to see that fiat is actually planning to plonk the 135 bhp engine for the Indian punto. But I really don't see a huge market for this car with just an Abarth badge and a nice engine.
If fiat is aiming at the enthusiast and wants to project it as a niche car, they better make it a niche car. By that, the car definitely needs a different external appearance, a subtle body kit, a decent tail pipe at the right place, no chrome and prob a decrease in ride height. Just my 2 cents.

If none of these things are addressed, I find it hard to believe that the performance figures and Abarth name (which is new for many in India) would do any favours. Fiat might just as well call it the t-jet emotion or sport. Might get a few takers.

The fiesta sport was a good move in that direction.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 00:30   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
It is heartening to see that fiat is actually planning to plonk the 135 bhp engine for the Indian punto. But I really don't see a huge market for this car with just an Abarth badge and a nice engine.
If fiat is aiming at the enthusiast and wants to project it as a niche car, they better make it a niche car. By that, the car definitely needs a different external appearance, a subtle body kit, a decent tail pipe at the right place, no chrome and prob a decrease in ride height. Just my 2 cents.

If none of these things are addressed, I find it hard to believe that the performance figures and Abarth name (which is new for many in India) would do any favours. Fiat might just as well call it the t-jet emotion or sport. Might get a few takers.

The fiesta sport was a good move in that direction.
+1 to that. The current crop of fiat cars are seriously overdone. To the point that Fiat has nothing more to bling-up for the Abarth. So the best way to go is remove some serious amount of chrome and add the stuff you are stating to make it not just look stand-out but really make some difference to its driving dynamics over the regular car.

Sticker & badge job is so not going to work for Fiat so Fiat really has to try harder than this. Most people won't even mentally slot the Abarth in the leagues of the VW-GT cars cause its relatively unknown and it isn't as obvious as GT label either.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 6th July 2015 at 00:33.
Old 6th July 2015, 03:19   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Totally agree!

Its such a shame on their part to introduce an somewhat affordable Abarth to India sans the real deal. If I am planning to buy an Abarth Punto (as I have been ever since the time this car was planned to come) I'd be much more happier paying 13-14lakhs for the full Abarth package than 10 lakhs for this half done paint-job. Only time will tell Fiat India why they are such a short-sighted company.
Old 6th July 2015, 03:31   #386
BHPian

Oh dear.

"The leagues of the VW GT twins". Which league is that? Because the 'GT' label is an India-only tag, a chrome label in one corner of the car (if I am not mistaken). The same tsi + dsg combo with the power/torque rating on the Indian 'gt' is badged a 'blue efficiency' i.e., fuel- and tax-frugal model in the UK, when i last checked.

The 'GTi' label is the one with the 'premier league' credentials internationally, but that Polo is rated at 140 hp, i think, with a different-to-the-normal-car suspension etc. The GT label is found ONLY on Indian Polo-s. No other finery/livery either, unlike VW GTi or R Polo-s and Golf-s in Europe, Brazil etc. They do have the dsg it is true, but that is beside the point for a car claiming the 'GT' (Grand Turismo) league/credentials, imo.

These Fiat Abarths seem pretty close to the full-on Abarth Punto (livery et al) in substance, while being at a vastly lower, affordable price? I am betting for at least a lakh or, who knows yet, even upto 2 lakhs cheaper than the Polo 'GT' tsi, for inarguably much more power, torque, ride-handling-steering chops, etc. No dual-clutch or even single-clutch amt, however, it seems. The engine's being radically localized, rather than imported fully built like the tsi is, after all.

However, its sheer sales number prospects remain desultory or at best tiny, no doubt, not that the VW 'GT' (ahem) sportscar-Polos sell in droves either. And not at all because of the chrome, one wouldn't think?
desdemona is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 05:03   #387
Senior - BHPian

Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!

As for comparing with the GT twins, power is not every thing, you do need good steering, ride/handling package with the power provided. I have been driving a Vento 1.6 Tdi from past 3 years, yes it is a rocket in straight line, the acceleration is blistering fast but the VW is so uninvolving to drive, the steering is dead, suspension tune is on the softer side and one can never make full use of the power provided.
Maybe am spoiled by the dynamics of our 2009 Linea but for me personally, good ride/handling/steering is of a much higher importance than straightline performance.

GT tsi may be a very good car but it is far from being a very involving car to drive with the dead and light eps + soft suspension. The Punto is not perfect as well, it is carrying on the same notchy 5 speed gearbox thanks to Fiat's laziness but it is a much better car to drive briskly, even after owning the Vento for 3 years, have still not got used to the dead steering and have not yet driven a car which has a better steering than Fiat's. My 2 cents.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 6th July 2015 at 05:10.
coolboy007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 08:59   #388
Senior - BHPian

When Fiat announced Abarth for India, they also mentioned that performance tuning/remaps will be provided. What happened to that?

Most people are complaining about 135 HP being low. If Fiat gives remap option, that problem is solved!
Old 6th July 2015, 09:42   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post

Most people are complaining about 135 HP being low. If Fiat gives remap option, that problem is solved!
This is a car that will 99% be bought by enthusiasts. They will surely get it remapped within the first 6 moths itself if not later. Regarding remaps, Fiat could do well if it offered 2 modes - normal and the sport as found in the international Abarths.
Old 6th July 2015, 10:09   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
, even after owning the Vento for 3 years,
OT:

Yesterday, travelled in a Vento(a newly bought Tsi) for the first time. Oh boy, what a boring place to be in, the interior design is so lackluster and uninviting. The exterior design suddenly became despicable after the experience inside.

Coming out of the car, I kept wondering what's the hype about Volkswagen all about!
CliffHanger is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks