Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2016, 11:49   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Maruti-Suzuki is all set to launch the Ignis as it's entry-level Nexa offering on January 13th, 2017.

ACI

A not-so-glowing review by Car Magazine, UK:
This review is disappointing, at least for me. And yet, I am not surprised. The feedback is a mix of the negatives of the Baleno (ultra-light and rock-stiff suspension) and WagonR (all over the highway on a windy day, bouncing away), the two cars which I drive on a regular basis. So I can somewhat believe each and every word even though I am yet to TD one. Disappointed because I had thought this could be my next car if I upgrade from the current WagonR immediately.
Old 10th December 2016, 12:12   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
This review is disappointing,
Test drive and decide. All review consider the New Suzuki Ignis, a great city car but where it loses is on highway drives.

Here is one another review , driven in Rome.

Quote:
Times have long gone when 90hp meant sluggish performance, and the Ignis bowls along the road quite happily, especially with the hybrid assistance fitted on our test car. Like most petrol engines it’s at its best further up the rev range, and stiff gradients do need swift work down the gears. But the powertrain is responsive and refined, even at the Autostrada limits of the Rome launch event route.

The Ignis rides well on good road surfaces, and copes manfully on less than perfect tarmac. A series of bumps and dips will unsettle the chassis, but not alarmingly so, while the steering feels a little divorced from the wheels when cornering enthusiastically, but generally it’s an comfortable car to travel in.
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 12:42   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Test drive and decide. All review consider the New Suzuki Ignis, a great city car but where it loses is on highway drives.

Here is one another review , driven in Rome.

Attachment 1583653

Link
Call me a fool but I love and enjoy highway drives. While I like the chuckability of a hatchback for my daily city drives, I have the highways in my mind primarily. I take my WagonR on 500+ km/day trips and enjoy it with all all its flaws. I was hoping the Ignis could solve the problems by being best of both the world. Alas, it seems that's not the case. It seems to be slightly poor at low-end torque which is worst gripe with my present car. But, yes I won't play blind, I will TD it.

PS: I have already recommended the Ignis to two of my colleagues who are looking to upgrade from a WagonR and a Nano respectively. They are impressed and eagerly awaiting the TD.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th December 2016 at 12:47. Reason: Correcting my post
Old 10th December 2016, 13:02   #364
BHPian

I do not understand as to what kind of buyer this car is pitched to. This car is obviously in territory of Swift and Ritz and to some extent Baleno.

Who are the potential customers? Those who are upgrading from Wagon R or Celerio would consider Swift or Baleno instead of Ignis. Is Maruti speculating that this car would attract the crowd that cannot wait for baleno considering its wait times.

Or may be Maruti hopes that Ignis would create a new segment of its own.
I am sure Maruti must have done enough homework and would be in better position to assess.

Last edited by born_free : 10th December 2016 at 13:06.
Old 10th December 2016, 13:35   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
I do not understand as to what kind of buyer this car is pitched to. This car is obviously in territory of Swift and Ritz and to some extent Baleno.

Who are the potential customers? Those who are upgrading from Wagon R or Celerio would consider Swift or Baleno instead of Ignis. Is Maruti speculating that this car would attract the crowd that cannot wait for baleno considering its wait times.

Or may be Maruti hopes that Ignis would create a new segment of its own.
I am sure Maruti must have done enough homework and would be in better position to assess.
I believe people who intend to buy the WagonR/Celerio (upgrading from no car/Nano/Alto) can stretch to get a slightly bigger and better equipped car. I know people who are particular that the car should be small but well-equipped. They are potential customers.
Old 10th December 2016, 20:11   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

According to GaadiWaadi sources, a 5-speed AMT is confirmed for the top variants of the Maruti-Suzuki Ignis 1.3L DDiS.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki Ignis is set to come with the 1.3 diesel engine as well with 75 PS of power at 4,000 rpm and 190 Nm peak torque at as low as 2,000 rpm.
Drive will be sent to the front-wheels via five-speed manual transmission as standard while a five-speed AMT, similar to Dzire automatic, will be offered in the top-end diesel models as confirmed by our sources.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 20:20   #367
Senior - BHPian

Apart from cost saving measures, I don't see any reason why Maruti have opted for AMT for Diesel Engine. Also the same combo is already there in the Successful Dzire. That might be the reason behind it.

Maruti will you offer the Petrol with a CVT ? Premium Gearbox for a Premium offering !! If it's AMT, I would stay away.
Old 10th December 2016, 20:46   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Maruti will you offer the Petrol with a CVT ? Premium Gearbox for a Premium offering !! If it's AMT, I would stay away.
Most likely not, will be offered in AGS (AMT) in both the 1.2L petrol and 1.3 diesel variants.

Nexa personnel training on going till end December.

Media launch rumored to be in First Week of January 2017 just before its 13th January launch. Expect to start at INR 5.2 Lakhs.

Maruti suzuki releases its next teaser of Ignis .

And the video!

Recap- Spec released for Indonesia and Ignis will be exported from India!(Note the AMT variant)
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th December 2016 at 21:13.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 19:13   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This car’s based on the same platform as the ugly-yet-likeable Baleno
Quite stark comments by the magazine. Baleno is anything but ugly as per my opinion. To me, it is one of best looking hatches only behind i20 at least in India.
gupta_chd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 07:51   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis to come in a high degree of customization both external and internal never seen before in this segment.

Features( ex: dual tone offerings )can be customized online while booking.

ex:
- Inner roof line can be selected from an array of colors and patterns

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by GTO : 12th December 2016 at 16:19. Reason: Typo fixed
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 12:44   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
Maruti recently stopped the production of Ritz although it was doing decent numbers so maybe they are thinking of launching the Ignis as Ritz replacement.
Old 12th December 2016, 13:01   #372
BHPian

Considering this is touted as the Ritz replacement, I hope they don't allow this car to be sold to the cab segment. Although it might seem unlikely considering it's getting launched through NEXA. But then, NEXA seems to be quite a flawed strategy anyway! So interesting times ahead.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 16:17   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more information on the Ignis as its launch draws near,

- Comes with the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.3-litre DDiD190 diesel as seen in the Baleno.

- A five-speed manual will come as standard

-The petrol variants will be Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha

-Diesel will skip Sigma and will have Delta, Zeta and Alpha

- AGS -five-speed automated manual transmission. Interestingly, though the AMT will be offered with both the engine options (petrol and diesel) - available only in the mid trims Delta and Zeta

- It will have nearly six colour options and, perhaps considering the popularity of the dual-tone variants of the Vitara Brezza.

- The dual-tone options in the Ignis to be offered with the range-topping trims and will include blue-white or red-black options.

- The Ignis will also feature iCreate customisation packages similar to the Vitara Brezza.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th December 2016 at 16:34.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 17:40   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
...- AGS -five-speed automated manual transmission. Interestingly, though the AMT will be offered with both the engine options (petrol and diesel) - available only in the mid trims Delta and Zeta...
What a flawed strategy!! So, people who want to have the dual color option can't have a choice of the AMT inspite of paying top cash! With the margins on AMT be another 50K, note sure how much of a problem does the price perception create!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 19:07   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What a flawed strategy!! So, people who want to have the dual color option can't have a choice of the AMT inspite of paying top cash! With the margins on AMT be another 50K, note sure how much of a problem does the price perception create!
This new info by Zigwheels is contrary to Motor Trend's scoop (The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis) which I posted about 5 pages back, in which they had detailed that the AMT will be offered in the top 2 trims of both fuel types of the Ignis.

Quote:
The Ignis will also come standard with 5-speed manual gearbox but it will also have a choice of AMT gearboxes with both engines which will be available in top end, Zeta and Alpha variants respectively.
Also, Zigwheels claims that the Ciaz update will be strictly cosmetic only and with no 1.6L diesel variant, no sunroof nor DRLs. Considering that we already know for a fact that not only will there be a 1.6L Ciaz diesel, but also a 1.5L petrol is also on the cards, I would adopt a wait-and-watch approach before believing everything Zigwheels is throwing out at us.

I have also noticed that in the past, Motor Trend's scoops are usually more accurate than Zigwheels's.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks