Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2018, 21:00   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

I observed the pics carefully. I believe the tyres are Bridgestone Ecopia
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 21:14   #527
BHPian

The new Swift seems to be turning out to be one hard-to-drive-in-city hatch due to wider (+40mm over current Swift) dimensions, rising belt line and claustrophobic peephole like rear windows (due to intrusion by the new vertical rear door handles). Does not look as sporty as the current version either to my eyes!

Last edited by abhijeet080808 : 11th January 2018 at 21:15.
abhijeet080808 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 22:53   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Anybody noticed the 'Chevy Beat' type rear door opening lever and it's location in the new Swift?

Attachment 1715358
This has been one of the distinguishing feature right when scoops started appearing back in 2017 for the international launch, no?

Assuming you didn't want to highlight something else, my bad then.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 23:12   #529
BHPian

What an awesome scoop by Shashi. Looks red hot. Thanks a lot for the scoop. But there are a few things which I find missing. Considering that this is the top end because of the projector headlamps, the car is missing some essential features.
1. There is no camera at the rear. The EU variant has a camera similar to that of the Elite i20. If there is no camera at the rear, what will be the touch screen HU be used for?
2. There is no auto-dimming IRVM.

Also, the integration of the rear windshield water spray is not good. The Baleno has it much better integrated.
farooq817 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 23:12   #530
BHPian

Just when I quipped about pictures not being available, I get to see it in its full glory except without any interior scoops. Thanks for putting these up.

I had spent a fair share of my days driving a first gen Swift vxi which incidently had the same shade of red. And I am just impressed upon how the Swift still looks like a Swift even with the change in the contours and curves. Which may be a bad thing but the design is growing on me.

This scoop will be all over the car blogs and sites now. I just saw some site put up a feed saying official bookings have started which was taken up from the post that a fellow bhpian had put up indicating a booking amount of 11k.
Old 11th January 2018, 23:13   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Not too fond of the design. For me, first gen Swift continues to look the smartest!!

I noticed the rear wiper (and alloy wheels) on the variant, but the tyres are 165 profile?!! Shame on Maruti!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th January 2018 at 23:17.
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 23:46   #532
Senior - BHPian

Those tyres with their supremely high profile, along with those alloys will make a brilliantly looking car look like dump. This car needs 16 inch tyres with 55-60 profile tyres in either 185 or 195 width, anything less and this will kill the awesome look this car has.
humyum is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 01:56   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
What an awesome scoop by Shashi. Looks red hot. Thanks a lot for the scoop. But there are a few things which I find missing. Considering that this is the top end because of the projector headlamps, the car is missing some essential features.
1. There is no camera at the rear. The EU variant has a camera similar to that of the Elite i20. If there is no camera at the rear, what will be the touch screen HU be used for?
2. There is no auto-dimming IRVM.

Also, the integration of the rear windshield water spray is not good. The Baleno has it much better integrated.
Someone who booked the new Swift was told that there won't be a Z+ version. That explains the lack of a rear cam.

Or maybe they'll sell the Z+ versions in Nexa, eventually
Old 12th January 2018, 07:27   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
Someone who booked the new Swift was told that there won't be a Z+ version. That explains the lack of a rear cam.

Or maybe they'll sell the Z+ versions in Nexa, eventually
That could be possible. But IMO, this is not the finalized version of the car. Variant to Variant, Maruti always had the same features in the Swift and Swift Dzire earlier and this does not look to be the case here.
As swiftandfurious pointed out, the tires are 165 section which the car had earlier in the L and V variants. I also noticed the rear parking sensors missing in the car.
I checked through the UK, EU and UAE website for Suzuki. None of them mention about a rear camera or parking sensors in the top end variant.
If this indeed is going to be the top end variant of the car, then Maruti would be making a big mistake.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 09:54   #535
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea on the presence of Automatic version? Swift is one of the popular car of Maruti without any Automatic variant. Any information on the kind of Automatic - CVT or AMT?
Old 12th January 2018, 10:33   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Since Maruti is obsessed with FE, they have put such skinny tyres i believe. Maybe they want to advertise it as 30Kmpl compared to 28 of the Dzire.
Old 12th January 2018, 10:40   #537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Thanks to a friend who prefers to remain anonymous. Note the NEXA style of Badging. I guess eventually all MSIL products will follow this theme.
Any idea what variant this is? There's not a hint of chrome. I just hope there's no higher variant with a hideous chrome front grill, fog lamp housing.

Personally, I absolutely abhor the rear three quarters and rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And now watching this, accessories manufacturers must have already put their design team on jobs to come up with the following:
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Any information on the kind of Automatic - CVT or AMT?
A casual search on Google throws up AMT on every line item.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 10:46   #538
BHPian

I might be in minority, but I really don't like this new design at all! Looks completely out of place to me. The front end looks ugly, front side profile looks like the old gen, front back profile looks picked out of the Fabia, BEAT type door handles don't look well integrated into the design.
The current Swift has a classic design, IMO they should've retained the design and added improvements to the engine, interiors, etc.
and what's with the skinny tyres? look horrible!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 10:51   #539
Senior - BHPian

The Original Swift never had a Hint of Chrome except for the badges, while the 1st Gen DZire had a Chrome Grille & Rear Chrome garnish on the boot lid.

Pic of Swift for reference
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-images-11.jpeg

While the New DZire has loads of chrome everywhere, I think Maruti are pretending this New Swift to be a Sporty hatch hence we see no use of chrome just like the previous 2 generation.

I think any one who wants chrome in the respective places would shop aftermarket and get them fitted. While a guy like me would prefer this stock look.
CarguyNish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 11:04   #540
BHPian

Is MSIL driving 2018-Swift towards Nexa?
I have heard it from a SA, with an unconvincing logic that Maruti has made a practice to give an alternate sales berth.
After Dzire 2017 with regular Maruti dealers, its now time for New Swift to fall under Nexa's kitty?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks