Old 6th September 2018, 14:19   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched

Mahindra Marazzo - THE TVC

RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 14:21   #557
BHPian

I wonder the way Marazzo being compared with Innova. Just because it has got similar dimensions and seating configuration would not result Marazzo fit to compete with Innova, a Toyota vehicle, at least immediately. My points:

1. Mahindra doesn't command the brand value which Toyota does. Hence, premium feel and corresponding premium is justified.
2. Marazzo (difficult name) may take some time to get established, if it can (the competition is tough!). Innova (simple name) is an established product, period.
3. Pls don't compare 1.5 litre with 2.4 litre. And there is no automatic or petrol (who cares for petrol anyway!)
4. I feel number of airbags offered should have been matched even with an optional model. Innova 7 airbags is a benchmark (introduction of knee airbag and extension of curtain airbags up to the 3rd row!)
5. After the recent update even GX model is well equipped (however, I wished for 7 airbags as a standard, just like trend started in Toyota Yaris.)
6. While looks are subjective, in my limited observation Innova is far more beautiful from any-side. Marazzo rear light cluster looks ugly to me, while other angles are ok/bearable.

In fact, in my opinion, it may undercut Hexa sales (which will anyway get affected by cannibalization effect from Harrier sooner or later), Ertiga (new) and already dead Lodgy (which is again a competent car, and was perceived to be a competitor to Innova!)
kbishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 14:57   #558
Senior - BHPian

marazzo can be compared to the innova may be more justified than an ertiga compred to innova or a lodgy compared to innova or a a tata hexa compared to innova. Because there are some areas where marazo beats an innova (from what I heard)

1. Interior space more than innova
2. Ease of entry better than innova
3. Third row more spacious than innova
4. Wider than innova
5. A/C better than innova in diffused cooling mode.

for someone focussing on comfort (most are) marazzo is a serious competition to Innova.

Last edited by lurker : 6th September 2018 at 15:13. Reason: speling
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 15:02   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
marazzo can be compared to the innova may be more justified than an ertiga compred to innova or a lodgy compared to innova or a a tata hexa compared to innova. Because there are some areas where ertiga beats an innova (from what I heard)

1. Interior space more than innova
2. Ease of entry better than innova
3. Third row more spacious than innova
4. Wider than innova
5. A/C better than innova in diffused cooling mode.

for someone focussing on comfort (most are) marazzo is a serious competition to Innova.

You can also add a completely flat floorboard also to the list. The floor of the Marazzo is fully flat and there is no Transmission tunnel. In the Crysta there is a transmission tunnel which also takes away some space. (in your post I believe you mean Marazzo instead of Ertiga)

Last edited by Behemoth : 6th September 2018 at 15:03.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 15:12   #560
Senior - BHPian

Yes, thank you I meant marazo. Rest is as you have mentioned so won't repeat it.

the steering on marazo seems effortless as per one review and it has a tight turning radius as well. It's a nice, tight niche product from what I concur. Though Innova fans will always be there and with good reason.

Last edited by lurker : 6th September 2018 at 15:17.
Old 6th September 2018, 15:16   #561
Senior - BHPian

I watched a couple of Marazzo reviews from YouTube yesterday. I think the Marazzo is a good looking vehicle, and the interiors also look modern, if not upmarket. There seems to be enough space in all three rows. I think the pricing is not too ambitious. So, the Marazzo seems to have got the basics right and I hope Mahindra tastes success.

However, it appears to be underpowered based on the reviews. Going by current market trends, lack of AT option may be a turn off for private buyers.
Old 6th September 2018, 16:24   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Mahindra Marazzo - THE TVC

That was a very slick TVC from Mahindra! Nothing OTT like the initial XUV ads. Even though quite irrelevant for a car like Marrazo.

Also the alloys on the TVC car look different from the actual one and i think they suit the car much better .

Last edited by ampere : 7th September 2018 at 07:09. Reason: removed video from quoted link
Old 6th September 2018, 16:40   #563
BHPian

Only in India would anyone have the gall to compare a minivan to a great white shark. And only Indians would lap that garbage up!
Screwdriva is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 16:41   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
That was a very slick TVC from Mahindra! Nothing OTT like the initial XUV ads. Even though quite irrelevant for a car like Marrazo.

Also the alloys on the TVC car look different from the actual one and i think they suit the car much better .
As far as I have seen in video reviews of various models, these silverish alloy wheels are available on the M6 variant. The M8 has them as 17" Black Machine Cut Alloys, while the M6 has them as 16" Silver Alloys.

Was trying the customizer option on the website, the Shark Fin Antenna can be had as an optional accessory for Rs.525/-. So, all those who buy the Marazzo, can have their trade-mark Shark Fin Antenna on top for Rs.525/- extra.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-capture.jpg
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 19:22   #565
BHPian

I like what I see. As a product, I see this car having everything that matters to take on the Innova. The space is obviously the most important factor and the silhouette looks similar to the Innova, which may not be a bad thing at all. I don't thing any other features or safefy aspects would matter because the majority of the Innova sales must come from the lower/middle variants (my guess). And another factor in Mahindra's favour is that they have a made a name for themselves in thr utility vehicles market. Such a huge difference in price will be irresistible for most cabbies and large middle class families. Will have to wait and see how this turns out.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 20:16   #566
Senior - BHPian

what amuses me is that inspite of being wider than the innova, it struggles to accomodate the 1.5 ltr engine in the engine bay. One review (motorbeam-faisal) observed that to access and remove battery inside hood one had to remove a couple of hoses on top of that. So inspite of being wide, the engine bay is short on space which can only mean one thing.

Maximum space has been made available inside the cabin even at compromise of engine layout. And that is how the third row seat is spacious and can seat three. Also it was important for the car being front wheel drive else the third row would have been on a slight chassis incline and the seats would be set quite low and knees would point up.

A lot of care thus has gone into consideration of third row seating comfort. In fact entire car seems to revolve around seating comfort. This is where innova will face its toughest challenge yet.
lurker is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 20:50   #567
BHPian

Here's what I found related to the engine being underpowered.
Marazzo's kerb weight is 1650 kgs and the engine is rated at 121 hp / 300 lbs.

Innova's 2.8 model kerb weight is 1890 kgs and the engine is rated at 174 hp / 360 lbs
Given this, the Innova has an significant advantage in the HP side - around 18bhp more / tonne. But in the torque department, it's about a 9 lbs / tonne difference.

Also, to note, the Innova's HP peaks at 3400 rpm and the torque comes much earlier at 1200 rpm and has a wider band will 3400 rpm
The Marazzo otoh, has it's HP peak at 3500 rpm and has a narrower torque band 1750 - 2500 rpm.

My view -
While the Innova is definitely the champ here, it's not like the Marazzo is a distant wheezing second in the race. Overall, it shouldn't be as bad as people are complaining about the 1.5L motor. It should be adequate for a majority of city hotels / companies / taxi cabs which ply around the city.
Only in the highway, the Innova would totally outshine the Marazzo.

P.S - not a mechanical engineer - please excuse any errors in calcs.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 7th September 2018 at 09:31. Reason: formatting
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 21:11   #568
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Marazzo's kerb weight is 1650 kgs and the engine is rated at 121 hp / 300 lbs. Innova's 2.8 model kerb weight is 1890 kgs and the engine is rated at 174 hp / 360 lbs .
Meanwhile, Innova Crysta diesel MT has just 148 BHP/343 Nm torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Only in India would anyone have the gall to compare a minivan to a great white shark. And only Indians would lap that garbage up!
Looks exactly like BRUCE (the shark from Finding Nemo) if you ask me

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-marazzo.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-findingnemofilmdisneycartoon2003.jpg

Last edited by SmartCat : 6th September 2018 at 21:14.
SmartCat is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 00:22   #569
e46
BHPian

Writing a post after long.
Quite a restrained design as far as Mahindra is concerned. 17 inchers should have been standard.

I think no point being too critical on power or torque figures, as the bhp or NM/tonne would not be far behind the Innova. Add the 2L spare when you go with Mahindra and you're covered up.

I'd say pick a Blue M6, put an aftermarket badge like "Escape" in place of Marazzo, if you dont like it and eat miles with your loved ones. Done.

-Abhishek
e46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 02:41   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Great job M&M for offering disc brakes as standard across all variants.I don't think any car under 15L currently offers this.To really nitpick I feel the steering wheel could have been better, perhaps leather wrapped. The one in Creta or Nexon is far better.
No. SCross is also having 4 disc brakes as standard. But nevertheless a rare one in India. Even some models of overtly expensive Innova and all variants of Creta have rear drum brakes.

Last edited by anu007 : 7th September 2018 at 02:41. Reason: Missed one word
anu007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks