Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2017, 11:56   #1186
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
So launch in the range of 18.5 to 19 lacs for Sports variant. Too steep.
Did Jeep mention the guess is for Base variant price? If not, this would be the best guess for one particular variant
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 11:57   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did Jeep mention the guess is for Base variant price? If not, this would be the best guess for one particular variant
Yeah I was about to say that. Hope it is for the top end version
Old 30th July 2017, 12:03   #1188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ankush didn't suggest a range. May be he got 18,63,280/- as the exact correct price of one of the models.

If it's 18.63L for the base Sports version, I'm not even going for the TD. Will need to settle for something more affordable like the TATA Nexon.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 12:34   #1189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ankush didn't suggest a range. May be he got 18,63,280/- as the exact correct price of one of the models.

If it's 18.63L for the base Sports version, I'm not even going for the TD. Will need to settle for something more affordable like the TATA Nexon.
Yup if the starting price is 18.63 FCA can probably kiss 2/3rds of its prebookings goodbye, including mine! It would be a complete disaster at this level as it does not realize that in the same price segment the Innova rules the roost and it can taken anywhere in India with complete peace of mind and is seven seater.

Last edited by Behemoth : 30th July 2017 at 12:35.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 12:36   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If this is true and they start with 18 lakhs for Compass, two things will END for sure:

1. FCA Future in India
2. This Thread.
nitinralli is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 12:38   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Be adventurous and go for it

Comparing it to Nexon is like comparing apples to oranges.
I hear the Tbhp review team was quite impressed by the car.

If they really follow it up with benchmark Mopar services , Fiat might have a success in hand.
But i still find fellow Fiat owners trying to convince me way better than the Jeep sales people do. Really hope Fiat see that value and reward them with better after sales structure. They are blessed to have such loyal followers.

Quote:

And also we have a bet going on with few bhpians for the Compass pricing , let's see who wins.

Last edited by johannskaria : 30th July 2017 at 12:44.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 13:02   #1192
BHPian

I have done the booking at Pinnacle Jeep, Cochin. I did it via online booking. The sales team contacted me only once after that, that too to inform me they have not received the amount (which eventually happened a day later.)

I am having this feeling the sales guys are not ready to handle the interest the product has generated. Even if the pricing is right, if they don't buckle up, the product may still go down the drain. Hoping such a thing never happens.
carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 13:22   #1193
BHPian

I think that Rs.18,63,280/- must be the price of the top end petrol model, in which case it seems to be a fair ask. Less than 24 hours to go before the cat is out of the bag.
Old 30th July 2017, 13:43   #1194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Be adventurous and go for it

Comparing it to Nexon is like comparing apples to oranges.
Certainly not comparing. But it would be too far away from my budget (which was anyways stretched into sometime late - 2018 to be able to afford the base Compass Sport). 18L for the base variant is almost Tucson territory (Considering the difference in features as well!

My original plan was the SCross 1.6 facelift (Till Compass came along, and the news reports confirmed Maruti 1.5 diesel being tested). So, if Compass doesn't work out - the next backup plan is the Nexon 1.5 diesel. (For me).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 13:54   #1195
BHPian

I know FCA kept this contest open ended by asking everyone to guess the price of Compass without specifying whether its for base variant or top variant.

So to that extent I hope this is Limited(O) - Diesel 4x4 variant to be launched at 18.6 lacs

In another news, FCA India has appointed Raghavendra Kulkarni as head of after sales operations.

Quote:
Raghavendra Kulkarni will be responsible for the entire After Sales Operations that includes providing support to Fiat as well as Jeep® customers. He will oversee the implementation and expansion of Mopar workshops across India, and also strategize to introduce innovations in Service operations, to ensure customer satisfaction. Setting up of new workshops and driving all functions of FCA’s Service operations will be a major part of his responsibilities.

In the past Kulkarni has worked for manufacturers such as Mahindra & Mahindra, Toyota, General Motors and Bentley, and also Volkswagen India for a significant duration. He has worked in International positions in Sri Lanka, Nepal, Africa and China.
Source: ET
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 14:55   #1196
BHPian

I test drove the 4x2 Diesel version of the compass and it definitely is a good upgrade from my Linea TJet in terms of kit/solidity. But as already predicted by other folks, FCA can't venture anywhere close to the Tucson territory in terms of pricing unless they are going to be happy with selling 100 odd units a month.

FCA has to ensure that a good number of cars are sold quickly to make it a successful model from the word go for which they need to offer a killer pricing. They could probably make some money from servicing the car even if the profit margin from initial sales is low. In fact, I wouldn't dare to purchase an FCA car even if the price is "slightly" high as I know that it is going to be a sales dud.

I really really hope that FCA gets the pricing right so that they don't end up like GM in India.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 30th July 2017 at 14:59.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 16:20   #1197
BHPian

Let's hope it is for the top end diesel. That would be some pricing with the base petrol and diesel starting at 13.5 or thereabouts. It is a turbo petrol and will be as expensive as a diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
They need to price it competitively to ensure high sales and revive the brand. No harm in breaking even for a couple of years to capture the market
Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I test drove the 4x2 Diesel version of the compass and it definitely is a good upgrade from my Linea TJet in terms of kit/solidity. But as already predicted by other folks, FCA can't venture anywhere close to the Tucson territory in terms of pricing unless they are going to be happy with selling 100 odd units a month.

FCA has to ensure that a good number of cars are sold quickly to make it a successful model from the word go for which they need to offer a killer pricing. They could probably make some money from servicing the car even if the profit margin from initial sales is low. In fact, I wouldn't dare to purchase an FCA car even if the price is "slightly" high as I know that it is going to be a sales dud.

I really really hope that FCA gets the pricing right so that they don't end up like GM in India.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 20:21   #1198
BHPian

As we are just a day away from the official price announcement, lets hold the speculations till then. It would be great if the Compass has a moth watering intro price that is at par a segment below, but we are asking way too low . Team BHP was and is an authentic source of automotive information, and we as members should maintain that, IMO. Sorry if my words were bit of over torque

Last edited by lovetorque : 30th July 2017 at 20:23. Reason: grammar
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 21:02   #1199
BHPian

I just had a brainwave of sorts.
Why should Compass be more expensive than say Hexa? Similar engine capacities, Hexa is larger and has more sheet metal so we can square it off against a seemingly better quality of Compass (mind you, Hexa itself feels quite solidly built inside out) and similar set of equipment.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 21:53   #1200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I just had a brainwave of sorts.
Why should Compass be more expensive than say Hexa? Similar engine capacities, Hexa is larger and has more sheet metal so we can square it off against a seemingly better quality of Compass (mind you, Hexa itself feels quite solidly built inside out) and similar set of equipment.
Hexa is bigger than most vehicles south of 50 lakhs. Only the XUV 5OO, Endeavour and Fortuner might stand a chance if we consider the sheet metal / rupee bargain.

To answer your question! Or wait, I'll just let the experts answer it, since Overdrive had done a similar comparison and summed it up quite precisely - Compass offers a good midway option between the rugged but more utilitarian Hexa and the premium but soft Tucson.

Quote:
At the end of this comparison, the Tata Hexa still remains the most value-for-money car you can buy in the price range. For Rs 17.40 (ex-Delhi) you get a lot of space, excellent ride quality, a good number of features and even a 4x4 option if you're okay with the manual (Rs 17.49 lakh). It's certainly the more practical car here, but it somehow lacks the premium appeal, which a lot of customers care about.

So if that is your primary concern, the Hyundai Tucson is the car for you. It costs a hefty Rs 25.01 lakh, but you get a whole lot of features, excellent performance, good efficiency, and comfort and, most importantly, a car that can hold its own against the entry-level luxury crossovers from Germany. However, it lacks the ruggedness or feel of a big, bad SUV, and doesn't come with a four-wheel-drive variant.

So then that brings us to middle ground – the Jeep Compass. It might not have the best set of features here, but it comes with good safety kit, excellent ride and handling, a premium design, the typical rugged SUV feel and 4-4. But my favourite bit about the Compass is that it's a driver-focussed car – something this segment has been lacking for a while now. And it manages all of this without compromising too much on practicality, luxury or price. If it's what we think that's gonna be, the top-spec manual will be priced at around Rs 20 lakh (Ex-Delhi). If Jeep manages to stick to this pricing, the Compass will be in a class apart. If it can't, and the prices go any higher, it will struggle to keep its head out of the water because it is neither as premium as the Tucson nor as practical as the Hexa. Any higher than our estimate, and the Compass will lose its middle ground advantage.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/overdri...-vs-tata-hexa/
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks