Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2019, 16:30   #2686
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

I had pre-booked Seltos, now I am cancelling it.

I was looking for a turbo-charged diesel equipped comfortable 5 seater, preferably flat floored Cross-over or SUV of 4.5M+ length with decent ground clearance. However, Seltos does not meet several important requirements, and even if I compromise on some, Seltos look overly priced for what it offers.

The vehicle I am looking for should have 140+ BHP, 320+ Nm torque, auto-transmission, ABS, EBD, ESP, Hill hold control, Cruise control, 4+ air bags, LED headlamps, rain sensing wipers, all powered windows, auto-dimming IRVM, keyless entry, well damped speaker enclosures, steering mounted audio control, USB+BT+Radio, decent one zone HVAC with rear vents and electric controls, reversing camera with US assist.

Good crash ratings, >15000 km service/oil change intervals, rust prevention coatings/galvanized body, quality plastics and fabric seats with adjustable lumbar support are also must. Auto-dimming IRVM, TPMS and push ignition, strong roof rails, cornering lamps, DRLs, 5+ years warranty would be icing on cake.

I am not very keen on HUD, large screen or screen based controls, excessive electronics for entertainment or non-core functions, powered seat positioning, leather seats, cooled seats, excessive chrome or external dual-tone colouring, auto-headlamps, static navigation (I prefer live maps), alloy wheels, alloy pedals, multi-zone climate control, sunroof, powered boot lid closure, CD player, LED fog lamps, mood lighting, subwoofer, high-priced branded audio system, video players etc.

I can add some accessories or build some electronics myself for additional comfort or entertainment. I am a 6 footer, fast but traffic rule abiding and lane maintaining driver. I absolutely hate dashboard or central console pushing into my legs during driving.

Any good suggestions for a good SUV/Crossover to replace my well maintained XUV500 (Oct'2011). Appreciate if you could give top 5 pros and cons with your suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
Pulse500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 16:45   #2687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post

I was looking for a turbo-charged diesel equipped comfortable 5 seater, preferably flat floored Cross-over or SUV of 4.5M+ length with decent ground clearance. However, Seltos does not meet several important requirements, and even if I compromise on some, Seltos look overly priced for what it offers.

Any good suggestions for a good SUV/Crossover to replace my well maintained XUV500 (Oct'2011). Appreciate if you could give top 5 pros and cons with your suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
What requirement does the Seltos not meet ? I feel Seltos is very comfortably priced for the features+quality it offers in the market.
May be you can have a look at the Hexa. The Tucson will be expensive and I would not suggest the Creta.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th September 2019 at 17:51. Reason: Trimming quoted post fit improved readability
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 18:00   #2688
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Given your requirements , the options in order of price Tucson , Endeavour and Fortuner. I'd go with the Tucson Diesel AT....in a good month discounts can range upto 2 lakhs
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 18:55   #2689
BHPian

On Sept 1st, I became a proud owner of HTK+ petrol manual variant, the decision was made after 2 sleepless nights on contemplating different variants which suits my requirement.

I'll start a ownership thread penning down my experiences.

Thanks All - This is my 1st post in Team-BHP.
Don Dasco is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 20:16   #2690
BHPian

I tried to get a test drive of the Seltos Petrol and Diesel variants.

The salesperson with whom I booked could not arrange it today even though I had requested him three days back. He agreed to give me a test drive at 4pm today. But when I called him today on my way to the showroom, he said that the car had gone for "water service" and reassured a callback once the car is ready. Its been six hours now and he has switched off his mobile phone.

I had canceled at least a dozen of my appointments to have a test drive today afternoon. Sad to so see how Incheon Kia Cochin is treating customers who have already booked the car in July. It is not the first time I am having bad experiences with car salesmen. I had a horrid time with the "Nexa-walas". Now is the time of "Kia-walas".
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 20:47   #2691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
The problem is after nearly owning a Hector and having owned a XUV, this doesn't feel as a positive change to heart and nor a VFM to the head.

But the head does also indicate that there are no other viable options on the horizon as well and then there is the issue of BS6 and diesel price escalation with that. So very worried to wait as well!
The hector diesel would probably be more vfm for you. The Fiat guzzler is a proven engine and MG has done a good job to mask the Diesel clatter. Maybe you can give that a go?
Old 10th September 2019, 21:12   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle I am looking for should have 140+ BHP, 320+ Nm torque, auto-transmission, ABS, EBD, ESP, Hill hold control, Cruise control, 4+ air bags, LED headlamps, rain sensing wipers, all powered windows, auto-dimming IRVM, keyless entry, well damped speaker enclosures, steering mounted audio control, USB+BT+Radio, decent one zone HVAC with rear vents and electric controls, reversing camera with US assist.

Good crash ratings, >15000 km service/oil change intervals, rust prevention coatings/galvanized body, quality plastics and fabric seats with adjustable lumbar support are also must. Auto-dimming IRVM, TPMS and push ignition, strong roof rails, cornering lamps, DRLs, 5+ years warranty would be icing on cake.
MG Hector Super 2.0 (one above base, ex-showroom- 14.6L) is ticking all your requirements easily except for 4 air bags and rain sensing wipers. Go for top end Hector for airbags and rain sensing wipers requirement.

Last edited by SahilS : 10th September 2019 at 21:26.
Old 10th September 2019, 21:29   #2693
BHPian

Any early owners here who could shed some light on this -

It seems the KIA Link app signup requires an OBD module to be installed. Did your Seltos come equipped with an OBD module? If not, was the app setup on your phone as part of the delivery process by the dealer?

I have decided to wait for the outcome of the GST meeting before taking delivery of my copy. Any info about the module would be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-46ece78f49764d75ae955514382ac5b2.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-da5d576c14cd4411994d40e0c3a43ec9.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-bae317e24f4f481980cdafe905e989a7.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-15fcb1f71e0747b99953db35b0fbc8cf.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-07255a5d6e2b4f9888dbe3256827fb7f.png  

dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 21:33   #2694
BHPian

No real world review or pics of the diesel HTE, wanted to check it out for the music system and actual feature look. Is this variant available to look or for test drive in Bangalore?
Old 10th September 2019, 21:44   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The hector diesel would probably be more vfm for you. The Fiat guzzler is a proven engine and MG has done a good job to mask the Diesel clatter. Maybe you can give that a go?
Yes but no auto and there’s no timeline on when an auto may come. He wants an auto gearbox in the car.
Old 10th September 2019, 22:22   #2696
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Any early owners here who could shed some light on this -

It seems the KIA Link app signup requires an OBD module to be installed. Did your Seltos come equipped with an OBD module? If not, was the app setup on your phone as part of the delivery process by the dealer?

I have decided to wait for the outcome of the GST meeting before taking delivery of my copy. Any info about the module would be helpful.
If you’re trying to use the UVO features, I think you need to download and use the “UVO” app and not the “Kia Link” app. While my car hasn’t been delivered, it seems the latter is for those cars that are not ‘connected’ in the true sense and rely on a separate OBD device to connect the car to the server. The former is available on the App Store.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-e3f1ff7f7a0f42cda71c4bb2e7304c52.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-5f58be23ff5a4874a2101a07fdae48f7.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-d5676721eabe4019bd0c3cf5abaa530f.png  

ADB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 23:38   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
If you’re trying to use the UVO features, I think you need to download and use the “UVO” app and not the “Kia Link” app. While my car hasn’t been delivered, it seems the latter is for those cars that are not ‘connected’ in the true sense and rely on a separate OBD device to connect the car to the server. The former is available on the App Store.
I see. So the xTX and xTX+ would use UVO app whereas the xTE, xTK and xTK+ would use KIA Link app with an OBD module. Cheers!
Old 11th September 2019, 05:59   #2698
BHPian

Whereas in china the car gets a little longer and taller.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-images-50.jpeg

They get a paranomic roof rather than the traditional roof.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiakx33.jpeg

The interior is now the Indian version on the top aircon style and touch screen whereas on the bottom it is not even the Korean version, it shares the same parts as the china creta for the center console.

Which interior you like: Korean, Chinese, Indian?

Last edited by SDP : 11th September 2019 at 09:34. Reason: Typo
momsonlydriver is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 06:51   #2699
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
What requirement does the Seltos not meet ?
Every single one of them, pretty much.

140+ bhp? nope
320+nm of torque? nope
4 airbags? nope
15000 km service interval? nope
Comfortable 5 seater? Nope

If I owned an xuv, I'd see the Seltos as a downgrade.
simeonovitch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 08:59   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Wonder if dealers have changed handling charges to statutory charges?
Why are the on road prices quoted by dealers not matching those given on the portal? Loot it is!
This seems to be Sparsh auto, where the SE told me these are MCD parking charges, but somehow I do not suspect that's the case. If not, we can get it removed. Do we have any other price lists from other Delhi Showrooms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Yes but no auto and there’s no timeline on when an auto may come. He wants an auto gearbox in the car.
Yes, precisely the reason. Only if Tata could have moved the launch of Harrier auto sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
If I owned an xuv, I'd see the Seltos as a downgrade.
There are many of us initial XUV owners who are struggling to find a worthy replacement. Sometimes, I do feel like XUV is the only one still ticking these boxes
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks