Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 22:25   #166
BHPian

Why is there so much difference in prices between the GL and GLE - 45K difference for power steering???? Or am I missing something...
Old 3rd April 2007, 23:43   #167
Senior - BHPian

I think the've blundered on the price front. What with advertising that this is going to be a loaded car for max 5.5 lakhs, the've gone a bit too ambitious. The car looks real good tough but they have to have exceptional build quality and a terrific engine and ride, if they are to succeed. You cant take Indians for a ride anymore.
Dont think the suzuki or the Indigo need to worry. They are still far away from these prices and i mean in the lower front. I think tthis will have to compete more with the cars a notch higher.
Liked the interiors but looking at the real thing and in pics are two different things. The switches look pretty tacky i think. Will have to see her in person.

Last edited by V-16 : 3rd April 2007 at 23:45.
Old 3rd April 2007, 23:55   #168
Senior - BHPian

The exteriors look like, well..Dacia. Interiors look decent from the pics, but i wonder if that and the levels of localisation has pushed prices beyond the Logan's natural benchmark - the indigo. Awaiting build quality and A.S.S report in the near future...
Old 4th April 2007, 00:23   #169
Team-BHP Support

I do not know whether only I had this feeling but looking at that dashboard I felt one can not keep anything on it. Its kind of slopey and anything kept on it will inevitably land up on the floor or your lap.

By the way in the Controls and Instrumentation they say the advanced driver information system updates you of "...predicted fuel autonomy...". Now what is that again? They have already mentioned about showing fuel consumption figures on the same line, earlier... so it has to be something else... but what?
Old 4th April 2007, 00:46   #170
BHPian

I may have to disagree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul 65 amg View Post
It is a bad car, just lies on the official website , they tell "redefining luxury" hahahahahaha.
Just one word for those many crores of Investment? Well, may be not.

Quote:
I think the car is still expensive , it should give in the basic version airbag to be really modern, when someone will see a Logan on the road you will find it ugly for sure.
As nitrous had already told about this part.... I am unable to comment more in this...

Quote:
Have some in Belgium.Buy a Honda Jazz at least or a Tata Indigo .
" Taste Differs " - Proverb ! - May be can say Universal Truth !

Quote:
I guess the LOGAN doesnt have a network for the maintenance
[/quote]

Too early to decide / comment ? I think most of the Scorpio owners are not having problems with regards to poor service network. I am afraid i may be wrong. If every thing is perfect, life would be most boring...

I remember TATA quality issues - Are we not living with it? They do make great cars, not the best ones.

Each and every thing in this world have / had / has an issue. Life is like that...

Yes, 155 MM ground clearance is a major threat in Indian roads with a fully loaded car. Let's wait and watch the reviews...

I shall go for a test drive this weekend and shall post my observation...

Cheers'
Jai
Old 4th April 2007, 01:10   #171
BHPian

Interiors are very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
From the photographs, it looks good. Looks like the GL and GLE variants dont any difference other than the power steeing. The Red, Green and White colors are not available for GL/GLE

The dashboard doesnt look very attractive atleast from the pics.
I think they should have priced it a little more aggressively.

Lets see who gets us the first review now
I have seen it on ndtv profit and the dash doesnt have that cheap look. It looks good, resembles ford fiesta s' dash with those round vents.
Old 4th April 2007, 01:17   #172
Senior - BHPian

One thing is good, unlike most manufactures the diesel has all the features of the petrol.
Old 4th April 2007, 02:50   #173
BHPian

Nitrous I am from bangladesh and I live in Europe but I think that India needs safer car than in the past.India is a great country where everything is possible ,people are very able , India will be very soon one fo the leading world economy.
Old 4th April 2007, 04:47   #174
Senior - BHPian

I would like to drive the 1.6 petrol. Does Pete have anything for the diesel? It seems a little low on juice.

Quote:
India is a great country where everything is possible ,people are very able , India will be very soon one fo the leading world economy.
Thank you, Abdul. I'm sure this process would go faster if you would lend us your cricket team.
Old 4th April 2007, 08:31   #175
SuperSyn

I really do not understand why so many people are obsessed with the 'low' ground clearance of 'only' 155mm.

If anyone here bothered to read the specification for speed breakers, one would realize that 155mm is actually more than enough for a car with Logan's wheelbase/length to travel safely over speed breakers.

Just because there is not one literate civil engineer in India, and contractors keep making speed breakers of random specification, often inspired by the Himalayas, does not mean that the car manufacturers have to tolerate this buffoonery. How long must the manufacturers suffer because of others incompetence?

The car is perfectly fine. The problem is the roads, and the people who make the roads. At some point you have to stop increasing the ground clearance to absurd proportions which also compromises the handling of the car.

Since we as a nation can't make one decent speedbreaker, it would be better to do away with them alltogether. And let the engineers design cars for best ride and handling, as they see fit.

Old 4th April 2007, 08:41   #176
BHPian

Our speedbreakers are actually bone breakers. There was an interview by a neuro surgeon in some paper about how bad for bones/spine they are. Normally speedbreakers should make it uncomfortable to go fast and not harsh if you travel slow. Our speedbreakers injure the spine at any speed. Some are horribly created, often by villagers / shopkeepers to divert or slow down traffic deliberately.

However, we cannot let our engineers design cars based on some ideal utopian road condition - after all we have to drive them on todays' streets. Bad roads, monsoon, horrible breakers, these are not going to change in our lifetime so best to get a car that is designed to live with it.
Old 4th April 2007, 08:44   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Thank you, Abdul. I'm sure this process would go faster if you would lend us your cricket team.
Funny you Viper...good one really! but, ppl still want to follow cricket in India?

"....than enough for a car with Logan's wheelbase/length to travel safely over speed breakers..."

Here people are not just worried about the speed breakers, actually more worried and annoyed about the potholes in our Metros like Pune/Bangalore and Chennai.
Old 4th April 2007, 08:46   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
The car is perfectly fine. The problem is the roads, and the people who make the roads.
I agree totally! But sadly the kind of speed bumps one can see sometimes on the road forces one to look at ground clearance. And if one drives on highways and non-expressways roads especially after the monsoons, you will find 'roads' that require a car with a decent ground clearance.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts on this issue! If we had good roads, then who cares about ground clearance... Not me!
Old 4th April 2007, 09:04   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
Since we as a nation can't make one decent speedbreaker, it would be better to do away with them alltogether. And let the engineers design cars for best ride and handling, as they see fit.
Man, your comments are quite scathing, don't you think? What is easy, designing a footwear for the foot or doing a surgery on the foot? Don't go on blaming all the civil engineers of India. If Logan scrapes the bottom, it will definitely be Renault's (and Mahindra's) fault. I am sure the roads department has its specs for the speed breakers. Did you know some of these so called speed breakers are constructed by locals?
Old 4th April 2007, 09:08   #180
BHPian

Anyone has any idea on suspension setup on Logan, perticularly rear one as most modern cars have McPherson Strut in front anyway...

By the way, car looks good as far as I can see by looking at it's website. I think this car will click...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks