Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 20:51   #331
BHPian

re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
The petrol automatic (DCT) is coming with the 48v mild hybrid, does anyone know if SAIC is doing this for the first time? As far as I know, the bad reviews of this car are of the Petrol turbo engine which has CVT. Man, I wish there was a diesel automatic at launch.
If the petrol automatic with Mild Hybrid manages 11 to 13 kmpl it would be my first choice . It seems to me that there are certain under lying issues with the Multijet 2.0 engine or fiat has asked OEMs to delay the automatic transmission in their cars until it is upgraded to be BS6 capable .
Old 30th April 2019, 21:08   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
If the petrol automatic with Mild Hybrid manages 11 to 13 kmpl it would be my first choice . It seems to me that there are certain under lying issues with the Multijet 2.0 engine or fiat has asked OEMs to delay the automatic transmission in their cars until it is upgraded to be BS6 capable .
Fuel efficiency figures seem very good for the 1.5 litre petrol engine with city mileage of ~11 kmpl and highway of ~16 kmpl

Fuel consumption (litre/100km):
(city/suburb/general) 9.2 / 6.0 / 7.0

Source : http://www.chinamobil.ru/eng/saic/ba...30/?view=props

Last edited by reddevilgautam : 30th April 2019 at 21:31.
Old 30th April 2019, 21:36   #333
BHPian

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/...h-america/amp/

So every where its CVT, but for India its DCT. Do you think they are experimenting with the DCT in India. I couldnt find the petrol engine with DCT in other countries.
Old 30th April 2019, 22:02   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
Fuel efficiency figures seem very good for the 1.5 litre petrol engine with city mileage of ~11 kmpl and highway of ~16 kmpl

These figures are excellent however DCT seems to have higher consumption . Nevertheless it will certainly improve driving pleasure .

Quote:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/...h-america/amp/

So every where its CVT, but for India its DCT. Do you think they are experimenting with the DCT in India. I couldnt find the petrol engine with DCT in other countries.
Your statement gives credence to the fact that MG or SAIC considers India as a very important market & is thus offering the best it has . The website mentioned by @reddevilgautam has models with DCT being offered in China .
Old 1st May 2019, 02:27   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Your statement gives credence to the fact that MG or SAIC considers India as a very important market & is thus offering the best it has . The website mentioned by @reddevilgautam has models with DCT being offered in China .
That was my question, offering the best it has to offer or experiment in India to find out if its the best or not
Old 1st May 2019, 06:57   #336
BHPian

Quote:
That was my question, offering the best it has to offer or experiment in India to find out if its the best or not
I believe the DCT Transmission is being offered with the same theory that was applied once by Xiaomi when it entered India , give the most bang for the buck while keeping minimum margins to garner market share in a short period .As far as testing goes , yes the whole MG brand is under testing phase in India right now .
Old 1st May 2019, 08:56   #337
BHPian

Quote:

Not only is the DCT not available anywhere else in the world, which in the terms of at least drivability one of the best auto options out there, but also IMHO in real world usage, I have rarely seen a good DCT/DSG example to be less fuel efficient than CVT. In fact in most of the very frugal petrol engines also such as of Hondas the CVT version in the real world suffers from quite a significant drop in mileage.

Further, in this case it will also have an option where a 48V mild hybrid is also mated to a turbo petrol engine, which will again be good for efficiency and driving dynamics.

Most complaints on the initial models of CVT version in Baojun and Wuling in China and & Indonesia were on the drivability of the small 1.5l turbo petrol motor coupled with the rubber band effect of the CVT.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed for the mild hybrid DCT that it hopefully delivers on both decent efficiency and drivability that the absence of the diesel auto is not as sorely missed. Specially in Delhi where even with my daily commute of nearly 80km to&from Gurgaon I am now very keen to look at frugal automatic petrol alternatives.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:35   #338
BHPian

MG Hector India launch in first-half of June 2019. Bookings to open from May 15th

MG Motor India has begun mass production of its first model, the Hector SUV, at its Halol facility in Gujarat. The new SUV was showcased to the dealer fraternity recently and is expected to see a market launch in the first-half of June 2019. The company has already appointed around 50 dealers, and the first few dealerships are expected to be ready by mid-May, which is when official bookings for the new MG Hector SUV will begin.

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ne-2019-412546

Last edited by reddevilgautam : 2nd May 2019 at 09:38.
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:58   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Not only is the DCT not available anywhere else in the world, which in the terms of at least drivability one of the best auto options out there, but also IMHO in real world usage, I have rarely seen a good DCT/DSG example to be less fuel efficient than CVT. In fact in most of the very frugal petrol engines also such as of Hondas the CVT version in the real world suffers from quite a significant drop in mileage.

Further, in this case it will also have an option where a 48V mild hybrid is also mated to a turbo petrol engine, which will again be good for efficiency and driving dynamics.

Most complaints on the initial models of CVT version in Baojun and Wuling in China and & Indonesia were on the drivability of the small 1.5l turbo petrol motor coupled with the rubber band effect of the CVT.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed for the mild hybrid DCT that it hopefully delivers on both decent efficiency and drivability that the absence of the diesel auto is not as sorely missed. Specially in Delhi where even with my daily commute of nearly 80km to&from Gurgaon I am now very keen to look at frugal automatic petrol alternatives.
Your usage is just like mine & I would be really happy with a petrol automatic & mild hybrid combo . Driving from my home in East Delhi to my office in Noida & Bhikaji with occasional trips outside the city , it doesn't warrant for me to go for a much expensive diesel manual counterpart . Can anyone confirm whether the rear brakes in the MG are drum or discs ?

Last edited by drift2race : 2nd May 2019 at 09:59.
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:00   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Your usage is just like mine & I would be really happy with a petrol automatic & mild hybrid combo . Driving from my home in East Delhi to my office in Noida & Bhikaji with occasional trips outside the city , it doesn't warrant for me to go for a much expensive diesel manual counterpart . Can anyone confirm whether the rear brakes in the MG are drum or discs ?
They are all Discs.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 18:32   #341
BHPian

MG Hector India reveal on May 15, 2019

Variants, engine and gearbox options and all other details about the MG Hector will officially be shared on May 15; bookings likely to open shortly after.

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...15-2019-412578

https://www.carwale.com/news/mg-hect...led-on-15-may/

Last edited by reddevilgautam : 2nd May 2019 at 18:40.
reddevilgautam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:01   #342
BHPian

Quote:
MG Hector India reveal on May 15, 2019

Variants, engine and gearbox options and all other details about the MG Hector will officially be shared on May 15; bookings likely to open shortly after.

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...15-2019-412578

https://www.carwale.com/news/mg-hect...led-on-15-may/
This colour and angle IMO looks stunning! superb pic
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:30   #343
BHPian

The MG Hector seems to have an uncanny resemblance to the car sold as the Wuling Almaz in Indonesia.

At 06:30: The infotainment system / Center display screen begins here. What's amazing is the amount of control one gets from here, the windows, locks, lights can be controlled via the massive touchscreen.

At 13:30: Rear seats recline

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-1.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-palmaz__interior01.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-palmaz__interior02.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-palmaz_exterior1.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-palmaz_exterior4.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-palmaz_interior6.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-palmaz_interior7.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-palmaz_smart8.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-wuling4.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-wuling5.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-wuling6.jpg
mikem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:48   #344
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
The MG Hector seems to have an uncanny resemblance to the car sold as the Wuling Almaz in Indonesia.
MG's parent company, SAIC, has a JV with Wuling Motors hence they sell badge-engineered products in different markets. The same product is sold under MG's banner in India and Wuling's banner in Indonesia.
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:34   #345
BHPian

How reliable are these SAIC cars? Will they be comparable to the Japs or atleast the Koreans? Since its a heavily badge engineered car and sold in several markets, I'm assuming / hoping that SAIC has ironed out a lot of the bugs. I'm due for a upgrade next year and might consider the Hector if its priced in the Creta range. The petrol DCT is what l might get though - not sure if its worth getting a diesel cars in big cities with all these anti-diesel regulations which might come up...

I like the overall stance of the Hector - despite the seemingly smaller wheels and the very ok-ish rear end which seems heavily inspired by the old gen Acura MDX / Audi Q7.

Last edited by loki : 3rd May 2019 at 12:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks