Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2019?
Maruti S-Presso 14 0.51%
Maruti WagonR 16 0.58%
Renault Triber 231 8.40%
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 13 0.47%
Hyundai Venue 81 2.94%
Mahindra XUV300 73 2.65%
Nissan Kicks 8 0.29%
Kia Seltos 1499 54.49%
MG Hector 115 4.18%
Tata Harrier 431 15.67%
Honda Civic 57 2.07%
Hyundai Kona 130 4.73%
Toyota Camry 22 0.80%
BMW 3-Series 57 2.07%
Audi A6 4 0.15%
Voters: 2751. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2019, 18:08   #166
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!

My vote is with the Seltos. But more than the car, Kia as a brand is a winner. What an entry! Now they can launch 3-4 vehicles next couple of years with their brand established. I sense some serious competition coming up especially for Toyota.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 18:10   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's time to look back at the year and cast your vote for The Team-BHP Car of the Year. This is where YOU - the BHPian - will choose our car of 2019. The Team-BHP COTY is by car owners & enthusiasts, not advertorial experts & paid judges. Just as well since us car owners are the ones who pay the auto industry's bills .
Voted for the Harrier. Though I ended up buying the Rapid [same budget for on-road price, but on account of the ground clearance v/s Nexon XZA for my mother with knee pain], the Harrier and Hexa in the showroom managed to IMMEDIATELY [i mean, in a jiffy] change the perception of my family about TML. The Harrier's steering adjustment was something that acted as an additional factor against Nexon and I ended up with Rapid for its tilt, reach adjustment steering, and enjoying every moment of driving.

Coming to Harrier, its quality inside out, impressed us all so much that, if it were a politician, we would all vote for it even before asked for. Sad to see the market response.

Last edited by Guru_GPS : 7th December 2019 at 18:13.
Guru_GPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 18:23   #168
BHPian

Voted the undeniable favorite - Kia Seltos!

It's incredible what Kia has done with the car. Coming into a new market and having such a good launch product! and well, the reception of the car too! I'm seeing Kia's everywhere!

The triber deserves a mention too. A honest attempt from Renault.
Old 7th December 2019, 18:57   #169
BANNED

I am surprised that not even one EV makes the list. I was expecting a fair representation, or at least two or three. Maybe better luck next year.
Old 7th December 2019, 19:11   #170
BHPian

Voted for Harrier. Though a flawed product and since I'm confident that Tata would iron out a lot of glitches and hopefully cuts prices to boost sales, this has great potential to become a really good purchase. Fingers crossed till that happens.
Old 7th December 2019, 19:20   #171
BHPian

Voted Harrier for the Service Network and superior ride quality over Seltos. Otherwise mass choice is still Seltos as I see but Kia maintenance is still unknown territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am surprised that not even one EV makes the list. I was expecting a fair representation, or at least two or three. Maybe better luck next year.
I think the price tag still does not tick the boxes for most added to the uncertainty about resale value no matter how much concerned we are regarding the environment.
Old 7th December 2019, 19:51   #172
BHPian

I am obsessed with Honda cars. I have BRV myself and am amazed with the petrol engine's performance. Along with that it provides a pretty decent mileage and the cost of maintenance in one year has been somewhere around RS 1900, with first two services costing RS 46 and the last one RS 1807 due to engine oil change, etc. Also the engine is super refined, car has no body roll and looks extremely good. Honda Civic is also not an exception in terms of looks. I like it as it stands out of the crowd with the sporty tail lamps and the long LED head lamps. So, I voted for the car. Frankly speaking I have seen all the cars on the road but have never had my hands on any of the cars launched in 2019. So, sticking to my Honda.
Old 7th December 2019, 19:54   #173
BHPian

Voted for the Renault Triber!

I love what Kia has done with the Seltos, and I wanted to vote for it like everyone else has. However, the CSUV segment in our country is only to grow and grow, and Kia really hasn't done anything more than giving us a beautiful version of what we really had: the Creta. Obviously, the fit and finish and comfort levels are a notch above the competition and it seems like a clear winner whichever way you look at it, but again, it's like taking a tried and tested recipe and making it a tad bit better.

On the other hand, Renault has entered a segment where a previous carmaker had horribly failed with its product (Datsun Go+), and decided to turn the segment around on its head. It was no rocket science, but Renault has now managed to create a Budget MPV segment that automakers will definitely try to exploit in the future. In that way, the Triber is a revolutionary product, and it has managed to give a lot of Indian middle class families the comfort and space they need (and deserve). Today, if I were to buy a brand new car, the Triber would definitely be my pick. Perfect for a family of four and my dog and all our luggage without breaking the bank.

The Triber probably won't win the Team-BHP COTY award (looking at the poll results), but it is a winner in the hearts of the middle class Indian (that's 99% of us)

Last edited by boniver : 7th December 2019 at 19:59.
boniver is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 20:04   #174
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Renault Triber.

For a car to be awarded the Car Of The Year prize, it absolutely must bring something completely new and fresh into the market. It must be pathbreaking in some way.

In the list of contenders, there are only 2 cars that qualify. The Renault Triber and the Hyundai Kona. The Triber is the first true 7-seater priced in the B segment and is not utilitarian. The Kona is the first truly usable electric car to come to India. I voted for the Triber because it is a truly innovative mass market product.

No, I don't think the Kia Seltos qualifies, because it has merely captured the imagination of the market by repeating the Creta formula in a bigger way.
KiloAlpha is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 20:11   #175
Senior - BHPian

I will be honest with my vote for Harrier.

Why?

It’s an honest effort from our very own Tata who was known for boring designs and quality issues. They did come up with a good product, but I wouldn’t neglect the shortcomings of this car. I am pretty biased on my vote this time but yes it’s going to be Harrier, although I haven’t driven it in person but have seen it up front and it’s a beauty to behold.
Old 7th December 2019, 20:14   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Sir, the Hyundai Kona is there on the list.
Old 7th December 2019, 20:32   #177
BHPian

Was confused between the Triber and the Seltos, decided to vote for the Triber as majority of the Indians are more likely to be able to afford the Triber (than the Seltos) and it's a great combination package of looks, practicality and efficiency which matters a lot for us.
jkaushik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 20:58   #178
BHPian

Voted for Harrier for its looks and road presence. Yes seltos is all rouder, but the space and road presence doesn't suit my requirements. From the list of cars available for sale, harrier is the most sought after for my next upgrade. Hopefully the auto box will be launched soon
Old 7th December 2019, 21:20   #179

Heart says the Harrier but mind says the Seltos. Finally followed the mind's decision, but I really appreciate the Harrier too.
dg2332 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 21:38   #180
BHPian

My vote goes to kia seltos for launching excellent all rounder crossover/SUV which is fully loaded and refined engines with combination of manual/auto variants in India.

Harrier is a missed opportunity for Tatas to launch half baked product in a hurry. Otherwise Harrier is a head turner. Wish this time we get to see niggle free Gravitas from day one from Tata.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks