Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2019?
Maruti S-Presso 14 0.51%
Maruti WagonR 16 0.58%
Renault Triber 231 8.40%
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 13 0.47%
Hyundai Venue 81 2.94%
Mahindra XUV300 73 2.65%
Nissan Kicks 8 0.29%
Kia Seltos 1499 54.49%
MG Hector 115 4.18%
Tata Harrier 431 15.67%
Honda Civic 57 2.07%
Hyundai Kona 130 4.73%
Toyota Camry 22 0.80%
BMW 3-Series 57 2.07%
Audi A6 4 0.15%
Voters: 2751. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 11:55   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!

Dear Mods,

You have put MG`s name right under KIA, As you can see KIA has now crossed over the 1000 votes and still going strong, thats not doing MG any good. Please take care, MG is watching.
Old 10th December 2019, 13:26   #272
BHPian

Dear Mods,
May I suggest that the names of contestants of any future polls (make, model, type etc) be listed in an alphabetically sorted order / numeric ascending or descending orders, so as to avoid any possible complaints of bias
Old 10th December 2019, 13:33   #273
BHPian

Harrier!
I had to choose between the Triber and the Harrier. Went for Harrier as it is a bold attempt by TATA to go after the heavyweight segment. The initial QA issues are disappointing but that should not take the charm away. Renault's product team is smart and is capitalising on creating a new niche now and then. So for me, Harrier it is for the fighting spirit of TAMO.
vivee90 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 13:55   #274
BHPian

Shortlisted 4 cars but voted for Kia Seltos. The brand provided a feature rich, good looking product with multiple options for petrol and diesel engines, auto and manual transmissions, in line with the expectations of the present generation buyers, and achieved significant scale in a very short time, by a totally new brand. Even the entry level variants are well equipped, with good interiors, good build quality. The product pulled huge crowds in the showrooms. Hardly any controversy, and hardly any major issue with product. Frankly, I found a bit too many variants and somewhat confusing naming convention initially and also that the product ~10% higher priced than expected. The company also probably made right estimation of demand, and producing enough number of cars to keep waiting time short.

Why not Hector? Did not offer Diesel AT at launch, nothing in pipeline. Poor ICE screen and no independent controls. Chinese/British controversy. Poor estimation of demand. Positioned as SUV although looks like an MPV (monocoque crossover MPV).

Why not Harrier: Reports of too many niggles. Poor driver's visibility (blind spots), very tiny tail lights and turn indicators (Even an insect can block its visibility). Typical Tata style sales, conservative warranty and unpredictable service quality.

Why not XUV300: Too late to launch - felt like it is following others than setting or leading a trend. Still a bit polarizing design. Significantly higher pricing than established competition (Brezza, Nexon). M&M still missing something that would appeal urban young generation (brand? product styling? refinement? service quality? showroom experience? PR?)

Last edited by Pulse500 : 10th December 2019 at 14:00.
Old 10th December 2019, 19:31   #275
Senior - BHPian

As far as I'm concerned, only two cars to consider - Kona and Triber.
Kona - Start of a brave new era? (Reva does not count)
Triber - Thoughtfully designed for (not adapted to) India. (To some extent also applies to the S-Presso).
What to do? What to do? If only the vote could be split.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 22:00   #276
BHPian

KIA Seltos has been the best product package on offer. It checks most of the boxes interms of looks, features, quality of build for me.

Hyundai Kona is definitely laep ahead in technology, but personally not convinced with the looks.
manipal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 22:30   #277
BHPian

Voted for seltos, personally haven't seen this wide spread on a single product from any manufacturer.
OT: can we get a sticker of COTY with team-BHP branding?
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 22:55   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Dear Mods,
May I suggest that the names of contestants of any future polls (make, model, type etc) be listed in an alphabetically sorted order / numeric ascending or descending orders
It is already sorted in the order of increasing prices, from the SPresso at the top to the Audi at the bottom.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 23:14   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It is already sorted in the order of increasing prices, from the SPresso at the top to the Audi at the bottom.
You are the best person to ask this query. Why is Trailhawk not considered? I know it is like a variant of an already launched car - Compass but it is almost like a new product with it's enhanced capability.

But I understand, it is my biasness towards FCA that is making me wonder.

On Seltos, I am not particularly happy about the car. It looks like an after market modification on Creta. Especially the lights (DRL) at the front would make a good Diwali special edition. However, with the price and so many bells and whistles, we Indians would just fall for it. The GT line is envious though. Not a match with TSI + DSG but makes a good buy at the price point for a SUV.
Old 11th December 2019, 08:10   #280
BHPian

From the given options it is easily going to be the Kia seltos. Fresh design backed by hyundais reliability and research. No wonder it has taken the market by storm. As it is a creta in disguise which itself is a time tested product, the success of the seltos was in a way guarranteed. I also would like to appreciate the xuv 300. A brilliant package but let down by pricing. If it had the same VFM quotient of the xuv 500 perhaps it too would have seen a major jump in sales. Anyways it's the Kia Seltos that wins the round.
Old 11th December 2019, 10:03   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
You are the best person to ask this query. Why is Trailhawk not considered? I know it is like a variant of an already launched car
You have answered it yourself - the same reason why vRS, JTP etc were not considered in the past. Only new launches are considered for the poll, not variants, nor facelifts.

Btw - Jeep Compass was the Team Bhp Car of the Year 2017.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 10:24   #282
BHPian

Maruti with less the 1% of the votes so far tells the story of who is investing in the market at this time which is going to have implications for future market. with a larger lineup from KIA to complement Hyundai we could see Maruti getting cut off from premium/profitable segments.
Old 11th December 2019, 10:51   #283
BHPian

It was a challenging task to make up my mind this year.

The Harrier from the home brand was quite an effort, but honestly lacked any USP for its segment. The new WagonR is a purpose built car and is a major upgrade from the outgoing model on so many counts, great effort from Maruti. The XUV300 is also a noteworthy launch from Mahindra. However, it was finally between the Renault Triber and the Kia Seltos. The Triber is a cleverly packaged car offered at a mouth watering price and the manufacturer really deserves sincere accolades for the product and pricing. However, the KIA is in a league of it's own. It's easily the best looking, contemporary and the more established product. It doesn't skimp on too many things either, making the Seltos a rare aspirational vehicle in it's segment.

Voted for the Seltos as COTY.
Old 11th December 2019, 14:14   #284
BHPian

Voted for seltos. Not just because of the car, but because of the engine lineups and auto options. KIA did not cut any items and spread across from 10L to 20L. Amazin pricing and amazing engine options.

Would have loved a VW in the list. VW and Skoda, please wake up soon rather too late
Old 11th December 2019, 15:00   #285

Voted for Hyundai Venue.

I have chosen the COTY on the basis of it's fun to drive quotient and build quality. The Venue with 1.0 L Turbo Charged Petrol engine mated with butter smooth 7 speed dual clutch transmission is absolutely fun to drive. Fit and finish and the interior material quality is top notch. Though it looks small, its a quality product.
ridewithpride is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks