Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2019?
Maruti S-Presso 14 0.51%
Maruti WagonR 16 0.58%
Renault Triber 231 8.40%
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 13 0.47%
Hyundai Venue 81 2.94%
Mahindra XUV300 73 2.65%
Nissan Kicks 8 0.29%
Kia Seltos 1499 54.49%
MG Hector 115 4.18%
Tata Harrier 431 15.67%
Honda Civic 57 2.07%
Hyundai Kona 130 4.73%
Toyota Camry 22 0.80%
BMW 3-Series 57 2.07%
Audi A6 4 0.15%
Voters: 2751. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2019, 20:56   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!

I would have voted for the Harrier had it not come with the typical first iteration issues that Tatas Mahindras typically have. How difficult would it be to not do that in a time when you are also making jags and landies??
Seltos it is. Sat in one, and was quite amazed about the levels of everything, inside and out.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 23:17   #227
BHPian

I was stuck between Harrier, Seltos and Triber. Seltos has been a great product and Triber is a French brilliance at its best but my heart pushed me to vote for Harrier. Though there are minor niggles to be sorted out in the Harrier, I think this has been the best attempt by an Indian manufacturer. I simply love the killer looks and massive road presence. When I saw the Harrier for the first time, it was like love at first sight.
Old 8th December 2019, 23:20   #228
BHPian

Voted for CIVIC.

Firstly, I'm glad that Honda brought back the iconic global model at a time when suvs are ruling the market. They took the risk of launching a low volume model and something that can give Octavia a serious competition. Sales figure proves that. Yes we don't get MT with ivtec and the turbo petrol is not offered either but the rest of the car is too good to ignore.

Cars that'll come close are Seltos and Triber. Renault did a good job offering a 7 seater at an affordable price. This has the potential to gain more volume and become their third successful product after Duster and Kwid. On the other hand Kia entered the market with a bang. Futuristic and feature loaded to the brim. Wide variety of models and wide price bracket. Have heard some niggles but hopefully they will be rectified soon. But as I said before, being an enthusiast, Civic is too good to ignore.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 07:20   #229

Voted for Seltos!

Very hard to find fault in such a well rounded car. Personally, features on the car took all my attention. HUD is such a sweet addition.

Great job KIA!
Old 9th December 2019, 07:21   #230
BHPian

Voted for Hyundai Kona. There are two cars in 2019 that have potential to shape the industry. The first one is a fully electric no compromise car that easily found its share of target buyers. I'm very excited about the future of electric mobility and hope to get an electric car as my next purchase. The second one is MG Hector which gives hope to any car company to set shop in India even at these challenging periods and succeed. Although Kia fits in to the second bracket, it has the support of it's big brother. As a product too Kia has got it spot on. It's a close call, but the impact that Kona can generate is big which is why it gets my vote.
kvish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 08:53   #231
BHPian

Voted for Kia Seltos. I took some time deciding between Seltos, Kona, Triber and Harrier. But Seltos wins it for me because not only is it a well rounded car, but it is also available with so many drive-train options that no one would be left wanting. What an effort by Kia to arrive with a bang to the Indian market!
Old 9th December 2019, 09:04   #232
BHPian

Voted for the Triber. Was impressed by Renault developing such a product for the Indian market even after the disappointment they got through Lodgy. At the launch, was impressed with the looks, practicality and felt that it was a well thought out product.Have not driven it but it looked good on road.
lifeat100k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 10:07   #233
BHPian

For me Kia Seltos looks the best car of the lot, a complete package, great engine and transmission options to choose from, a beautiful looking car. And, to top up that knowledge of Hyundai (assuming it is being shared with the sibling) of the Indian market. Already, looking at Seltos as potentially my next car. Kona was also on my mind, but owing to limited on the go charging options it has sit to back now.
Old 9th December 2019, 10:18   #234
Senior - BHPian

Among all the options, only one stands out My vote goes to Kia Seltos
This years poll has become predictable I guess.

Really a grand entry into Indian car scene by Kia and they proved that indians don't mind paying a premium and wait in line for a good product(unlike others who are blaming on slowdown)
Old 9th December 2019, 10:35   #235
Senior - BHPian

I have voted for the Kia Seltos. The models on offer with various engines and gearboxes and the wide array of features available make it my car of the year for 2019.
Old 9th December 2019, 10:38   #236
BANNED

For the first time, I did not influence my vote upon practicality, VFM or market response of a car, rather R&D, commitment to market and seriousness of the maker.

Going electric is the future, there is no deniability in that. Kona is the only vehicle in our market that can be termed as true electric car, a serious attempt by the manufacturer, even knowing that it will never be a success at this stage.

My vote is in recognition of the attempt.
Old 9th December 2019, 10:39   #237
BHPian

What a year for the car market.

While the news said the market is on the toughest phase of the decade - we had new entrants to the market including new brands coming in. Over the last few years since I have been voting, this is the first time I had to browse through the brief about each car mentioned in the list as I was totally confused, I had to choose between about 4-5 cars - and good god I had an EV in the list too.

I was aware that if I had to vote for the car which would win the ICOTY it had to be Seltos, but my personal choice remained Harrier. Had it been some other year, it could have been Venue, Nios or maybe Kona!
Old 9th December 2019, 10:47   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Kia Seltos is my car (and manufacturer) of the year.
+1 for that GTO

From the list, there were only 2 cars that IMO were the best options for Team BHP's COTY:

- BMW 3 Series - My personal favorite, and has been a dream machine for a long time now. Although I have driven quite a few premium cars, I have never gotten behind the wheels of a Bimmer till date. But every time I look at the stunning G20 on the road, it only makes me work harder towards owning one!!

- Kia Seltos - You must be willing to spend nearly 5 million INR to get your hands on a BMW in Bangalore. I think this is where Seltos has trumped everybody by offering a brilliant package at quite an affordable price. This Kia truly does punch above its weight, and how!!

For its sheer VFM prospect and the sort of disruption it brought with it into the market spoilt by choice,

KIA SELTOS is hands down my Team BHP COTY.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 10:50   #239
BHPian

Easy choice of the Seltos this year. I'd have chosen to Harrier or the Hector if the Seltos hadn't been launched. The Harrier had such a good opportunity that Tata has once again squandered.
Old 9th December 2019, 10:57   #240
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Triber as it seems to have a opened up a new segment for itself, the design, space utilization, practicality and the pricing seems to be spot on. Renault has managed to sell 6K units last month with just one engine & transmission variant. I believe the sales could go even higher once they launch BS6 & AMT version.
tj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks