Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2020, 23:49   #691
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what did you mail him, exactly? I've made a booking for the same model in Hyderabad, and the SA told me that it would be delivered in November due to high demand...
Well, even if demand is high november is too long a waiting period. I am sure there is some other issue and it might be manufacturing delays as quoted by my dealer.
Regarding the mail I sent, I told hmil that I cannot wait till august for delivery and if possible arrange delivery by july end or else I will have to choose some other brand. I didnot get the reply by mail, however i got calls from both dealerships present in the city and the one promised delivery by 15th jul got the booking.
My guess is that there are lots of booking cancellations due to the current covid situation so I might be getting a vehicle ordered by someone else.
Teqhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 13:40   #692
BHPian

One of my close friends has finalised the Creta E Variant, Need suggestions for aftermarket Infotainment systems with Carplay and Android. Any E variant owner has done the installation?
Old 5th July 2020, 17:31   #693
Senior - BHPian

How to turnoff Lock and Unlock sound in New Hyundai Creta and Aura

Old 6th July 2020, 11:46   #694
BHPian

Saw a new Creta parked in our society's guest parking yesterday. It is a looker in-person. Even my better half who isn't much of a car enthusiast, couldn't help but ask about the car!
A world of difference between pictures and witnessing the car in front of you!

Last edited by manson : 6th July 2020 at 15:43. Reason: Typo.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 15:51   #695
BHPian

Has anyone managed to get a test drive in Hyderabad, so far? Seeing quite a few new cretas here, but all the showrooms I asked claim there is no test drive vehicle.
Old 7th July 2020, 13:16   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Got these alloy wheels installed at Madhu's tire care.
Wow! Those alloys & the white car looks so classy!
Do post more pictures of your car.

What plans do you have for the interiors? Have you gotten an infotainment system installed yet? Seat covers for the white fabric seats? The base diesel Creta is truly VFM. Good sensible choice!
Old 9th July 2020, 16:54   #697
BHPian

I have a query.

I have booked CRETA 2020 in December 2019 itself by paying booking fee of Rs 25,000/-
The vehicle was not launched at that time and no other details were available. The dealer informed me that I will get priority whenever the vehicle will be launched.
Finally after the launch of the vehicle in March 2020, I zoomed in on SX Petrol Manual model and informed the dealer to deliver at the earliest.
Then COVID 19 crisis emerged and I shelved my plan to buy new car. I requested dealer to cancel the booking.
The dealer informed that they will deduct Rs 3000/- as cancellation charges.

Is the above deduction ok especially at the time of this extraordinary crisis?
Old 9th July 2020, 18:59   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
How to turnoff Lock and Unlock sound in New Hyundai Creta and Aura
Can someone help put down the steps here in English please? It should be greatly helpful for folks like me that can't understand Hindi.

I've had no success in turning off the lock/unlock noise. I've gone through all the menus in the AVN and instrument cluster. And it's not even the car's main horn which sounds nicer. This is a separate "tinny" BEEEP kind of horn that sounds nasty.

Mine's the petrol Creta 1.5 IVT SX(O) btw. I took the plunge without even a test drive or seeing reviews online, which I always do. There still doesn't seem to be in-depth on-road reviews of the IVT. I'll be happy to any questions you guys might have about this variant.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th July 2020 at 22:19. Reason: Please avoid video's URL in the quoted post.
hortons15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 19:04   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
I have a query.

I have booked CRETA 2020 in December 2019 itself by paying booking fee of Rs 25,000/-

Will not comment on whether it is correct or not. But before booking, did you check the cancellation policy or charges if there are any.

At the time of launch of Baleno, I wanted that car at the earliest at least before the day of my marriage and I booked the car in multiple showrooms in order to get my hands on it. But before doing that i did checked the cancellation charges and if it is there then how much. This kind of due-diligence is required no matter how certain you are about your buying plans.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 22:17   #700
BHPian

Quote:
I have a query.

The vehicle was not launched at that time and no other details were available. The dealer informed me that I will get priority whenever the vehicle will be launched.
Finally after the launch of the vehicle in March 2020, I zoomed in on SX Petrol Manual model and informed the dealer to deliver at the earliest.
Then COVID 19 crisis emerged and I shelved my plan to buy new car. I requested dealer to cancel the booking.

The dealer where I booked had a pre-booking form which had a clause that cancellation after 10 days of price reveal will have a charge of Rs 3000. If they have given a similar form to you which you have accepted at the time of booking, they may not waive it off. Although I dont agree with the cancellation charges for cars that have a waiting period of more than 30 days. MG Hector, KIA Seltos etc have 0 cancellation charges.

On another note I had booked the Black SXO IVT which I changed to Lava Orange Black dual tone SX DCT (sacrificed features for performance) which may be allotted in the next 2-3 days and may get delivered between 20-25 July.

Last edited by rkv_hunter : 9th July 2020 at 22:18. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 9th July 2020, 22:36   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do check the price list provided by the dealer as well as the booking receipt. If it's mentioned there, you'll have to bear the charges. In my case, quotation clearly stated that cancellation charges (Rs. 3600) will be applicable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortons15 View Post
Can someone help put down the steps here in English please? It should be greatly helpful for folks like me that can't understand Hindi
Press lock and unlock button together on the key fob and keep them pressed till the indicators flash 4 times. That's it. Beep sound will be disabled. Repeat same steps to enable sound again.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 01:43   #702
BHPian

Quote:
You must have got a docket booklet and receipt of your booking. In the terms and conditions it is written in small letters that an amount of 3000 will be charged on booking cancellation. I read that too.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th July 2020 at 09:27. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 10th July 2020, 09:25   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
This kind of due-diligence is required no matter how certain you are about your buying plans.
I raised this query in light of the financial crisis going on due to COVID 19. In normal scenario it is absolutely fine to deduct the cancellation charges. But my case is bit different because of the following.

1. The dealer accepted my booking in Dec 2019 when there was no certain information regarding the details of new vehicle that is going to be launched. I just went to the dealer with a casual query regarding Creta 2020 and immediately he told me that please book it now and they assured me priority delivery immediately after launch.

Hyundai officially started accepting booking after a few months only.

2. The reason for the cancellation is the unprecedented crisis caused by Covid 19. It being a genuine reason for dropping the idea of buying car, wouldn't Hyundai honour it and refund the booking amount, because I was ready to take delivery of the vehicle till March 31, 2020 but the dealer was not able to keep his promise of "priority". It would have been a different case if the vehicle had been allotted to me and then I refuse to take delivery.
Old 11th July 2020, 10:58   #704
BHPian

Finally a good and unbiased comparison of the Korean siblings.
Old 11th July 2020, 11:45   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I raised this query in light of the financial crisis going on due to COVID 19. In normal scenario it is absolutely fine to deduct the cancellation charges. But my case is bit different because of the following.
It would have been a different case if the vehicle had been allotted to me and then I refuse to take delivery.
Why not escalate this matter to Hyundai itself?
Mail them, write on twitter, give the link to this thread with specific mention of how this issue may create bad reputation for them and Hyundai may force the dealer to refund full amount. No harm in trying.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks