Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 15:19   #196
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
Hi All,

is there any UC owners' thread or forum here on team-bhp, where owners can ask questions & share feedback with other fellow owners ?
Hi Hanzt , I own Urban Cruiser for last one year, crossed 15k kilometers in Urban Cruiser, you cam PM me if you need any details related to Urban Cruiser.
I have shared my observations in the same thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5161149 (Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh)
rainmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:49   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

is there any UC owners' thread or forum here on team-bhp, where owners can ask questions & share feedback with other fellow owners ?
I think this is that thread. You can raise here for the benefit of all. BTW I recently purchased a Premium MT. 2 months old.
Capri89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 22:00   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaster View Post
Hi Hanzt , I own Urban Cruiser for last one year, crossed 15k kilometers in Urban Cruiser, you cam PM me if you need any details related to Urban Cruiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
I think this is that thread. You can raise here for the benefit of all.
thanks Guys for your support.

It has been less than a month since i got my new UC, and I have done ~250km so far with it, mostly city driving. Mine is a mid-AT variant. My first service is due in a couple of weeks.
So far, I have been driving very sedately, ensuring that RPM stays below 2K, with no sudden acceleration or braking (break-in period is 960km as per the manual)

One of the things that I have observed is that initially when we got the car, the car seems very silent. But now, when I accelerate from 0, even if its a gentle push with the RPM being <2K, the engine noise in the 1st gear is very prominent.
Maybe i am being paranoid here, but I wanted to hear your experience on this. Is this normal, or something that will get addressed once the 1st service is done?
hanzt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 19:38   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks Guys for your support.

It has been less than a month since i got my new UC, and I have done ~250km so far with it, mostly city driving. Mine is a mid-AT variant. My first service is due in a couple of weeks.
So far, I have been driving very sedately, ensuring that RPM stays below 2K, with no sudden acceleration or braking (break-in period is 960km as per the manual)

One of the things that I have observed is that initially when we got the car, the car seems very silent. But now, when I accelerate from 0, even if its a gentle push with the RPM being <2K, the engine noise in the 1st gear is very prominent.
Maybe i am being paranoid here, but I wanted to hear your experience on this. Is this normal, or something that will get addressed once the 1st service is done?
If its on the cold start you feeling then its normal for engine to rev up a bit higher and settle around 900/1k mark, nothing to worry.
vijaythacker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 19:47   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
If its on the cold start you feeling then its normal for engine to rev up a bit higher and settle around 900/1k mark, nothing to worry.
No its not the cold start. Its just when i am off from a standstill, when the TC is in 1st gear & revs a little less than 2K RPM, its a bid loud. Louder than when i first got the car.
Old 18th September 2022, 22:43   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone heard about the shortage of accessories for all cars are toyota? Have heard they are at shortfall with lot many accessories not happening from toyota end to dealers not even basic mud flaps and mattings.
Yes, i have had the same issue with two accessories - corner guards & window visors. I am still to get the latter.
Old 19th September 2022, 13:09   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone heard about the shortage of accessories for all cars are toyota? Have heard they are at shortfall with lot many accessories not happening from toyota end to dealers not even basic mud flaps and mattings.
Yes, when our UC got delivered on the 3rd of September, they could not provide the 3D mats, boot mat as well as the wireless charger that we had ordered when we booked the car 3 weeks earlier. I checked with a Maruti Suzuki authorised spare parts store and they had similar mats in stock, but they would've taken a few days to have them delivered.
Old 12th October 2022, 15:07   #203
BHPian

Would there be stocks available in Bangalore now? I have a friend in Bangalore who is interested in buying the Urban cruiser. He finds the new Brezza over priced.
Old 13th October 2022, 06:33   #204
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Would there be stocks available in Bangalore now? I have a friend in Bangalore who is interested in buying the Urban cruiser. He finds the new Brezza over priced.
Considering hardly 350 units of the Urban Cruiser were sold in the month of September 2022 as against 3131 units in August 2022, it seems like most of the dealers have liquidated their inventory. You would be lucky to get one at this late juncture, but there is no harm in trying.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 06:41   #205
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
With any car, a good practice is to start it and allow it to idle a little, perhaps for 30 seconds or 1 minute. The revs typically will start high and once the all the fluids start flowing and the engine reaches closer to its operating temperature, the revs automatically will fall. At that time, one can move along. Similarly, before shutting off the vehicle after using it, best to let it idle for 30 sec to 1 min and then switch it off. This is just a good practice. Applies to all engines. Not only to Turbo engines.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 12:37   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
With any car, a good practice is to start it and allow it to idle a little, perhaps for 30 seconds or 1 minute. The revs typically will start high and once the all the fluids start flowing and the engine reaches closer to its operating temperature, the revs automatically will fall. At that time, one can move along. Similarly, before shutting off the vehicle after using it, best to let it idle for 30 sec to 1 min and then switch it off. This is just a good practice. Applies to all engines. Not only to Turbo engines.
Absolutely and its not just with cars even with two wheelers as well i have maintained this practise and it definately helps.
vijaythacker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 12:05   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
IMHO, the idling rule only applies to those cases in which you would have to rev immediately, e.g., entering a highway/freeway soon after starting. In most cases, one would drive slow and steady for the first couple of minutes or so anyway (to get out of their community to a nearby main road) in which case, there is no need to idle.
Old 18th October 2022, 12:00   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Repeating a question:
Between the UC and Brezza (regular version), which one to pick ? (AT only)

Also, the Toyota website says that the Urban cruiser is still the 4 speed AT, and not the 6-speed that the Brezza has. Is this correct ?
Old 18th October 2022, 12:36   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Repeating a question:

Also, the Toyota website says that the Urban cruiser is still the 4 speed AT, and not the 6-speed that the Brezza has. Is this correct ?
Yes of course, the Urban Cruiser is based on the old phased-out Vitara Brezza, which also has the rudimentary 4-speed AT. Only the recently launched new Suzuki Brezza gets the 6-speed AT.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 12:45   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Repeating a question:

Urban cruiser ( Based on old vitara Brezza had 4 speed AT) has not yet been officially discontinued by TOYOTA, but I don't think it is in production right now. And almost all the stock has been exhausted based on September sales data. A new updated model based on new Brezza is due and according to rumours might be launched very soon. Though it can not be said if name stays same or gets changed due to the launch of Urban Cruiser Hyryder to avoid confusion.
d-g-p is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks