Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2020, 23:30   #91
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh

Do they have dual projectors? It's really great. We don't get to see that in sub 20L cars.
Old 6th October 2020, 10:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Please wait for long term user experiences for the Sonet, Venue, Nexon, etc. Tata motors service stations are not very famous for their customer oriented services.
Features of Sonet and Venue need to be working in long term under Indian conditions. I could see many videos complaining dust and mud in the sunroof joint areas (mostly due to bad upkeep of the cars) in Venue.

Under Indian conditions, electronics are prone to failure if they are not top notch quality (like available in luxury cars). Can we expect same quality and long term reliability, performance for an infotainment, electronics sensors of a Venue, Sonet and T-ROC, etc.?
Heat, humidity, rain, water-logging, dust, microbes, fungus, chemicals, spillages attack the electronics. The components and boards shall have special design, coatings etc. which push up the overall cost. And the electro-mechanical components are more critical. Less combination of electronics and mechanicals in Maruti & Toyota is better in this low cost case.
We would be happy if Venue/Sonet/Nexon prove themselves on long run.
That isn't sensible reasoning. All markets have their own specific challenges. Extreme heat and dust in the middle East, propensity to rust in the UK, extreme winter of the baltic, non existent roads in Africa... etc etc. Hyundai Kia are automotive behemoths that have far larger engineering, international market understanding, financial prowess and R&D expertise than maruti.

The reason suzuki makes very simple cars with minimal features is because they do not have the expertise to do anything better. Apart from India, suzuki is a miniscule car manufacturer that is known for very cheap hatchbacks or mini suvs in other markets, that's it. Suzikis line up of 'affordable mediocrity' doesn't make it a better manufacturer. These are not Toyotas, and they will not be sold in other markets as Toyota!

If a sunroof is not ideal then it can be avoided, but please do not say maruti makes better cars for Hyundai or Kia.

Last edited by shortbread : 6th October 2020 at 10:03.
shortbread is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 10:25   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
-- These are not Toyotas, and they will not be sold in other markets as Toyota!---
Just to note. Toyota intends selling these re-badged cars to other markets too.

Here is from Toyota S. Africa web page.

Similarly you will see in Suzuki's EU range, the re-badged cars ACross and Swace.

Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-t1.png
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 12:01   #94
Senior - BHPian

But then its a petrol. I'm not getting my head around that fuel type. Diesel torque is too addictive. Plus the mileage issues on petrol, just wont cut it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_KL View Post
Personally speaking, the sensible side of me wouldn't mind picking this up with a 5 year / 2.2 lakh km extended warranty from Toyota
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 10:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_KL View Post
Personally speaking, the sensible side of me wouldn't mind picking this up with a 5 year / 2.2 lakh km extended warranty from Toyota. The smooth and reliable 4 cylinder engine, 4 star NCAP rating, relatively less electronics, good suspension setup and ease of finding parts are all plus points for long term ownership
These are the exact same reasons why I chose the Glanza over the Baleno (and Altroz). I intend to keep the Glanza for atleast 5-6 years and the extended warranty and fuss free Toyota service will give me complete peace of mind during my ownership period. I also do not like the very busy and crowded atmosphere of Maruti workshops. Someone like me would definitely prefer the UC over the Brezza or the Korean twins.
skanchan95 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 12:03   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
But then its a petrol. I'm not getting my head around that fuel type. Diesel torque is too addictive. Plus the mileage issues on petrol, just wont cut it.
True but with BS6, the DPF clogging issues have taken the fun out of the diesel engines especially if you are predominantly driving in the city. In such cases the petrol / turbo petrol now makes more sense. Or get a well kept Bs4 diesel vehicle from the used car space
robbie_KL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 22:57   #97
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea regarding the delay in Urban Cruiser? The deliveries will probably start in October end, there are no test drive and display models in most of the Toyota showrooms even after about 2 weeks of the launch.
It's not as if Toyota is launching a brand new car, the car is already in the market for past 6 months or so.
Old 9th October 2020, 14:52   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
What is the edge Urban Cruiser carries over Vitara Brezza?
Why should one buy the Urban Cruiser, just for a "T" badge?
From whatever I heard, Toyota made a deal with Maruti Suzuki to copy their successful models and in return Toyota will share their world renowned hybrid technology, a win win to both of them and in the end customers getting more options to choose the car.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 21:05   #99
BHPian

From whatever I have seen in the videos and walk arounds of the Urban Cruises, it looks much better from the front than the Brezza. Brezza looks pale ahead of the UC.The UC looks more muscular and appealing to me.

If anyone is willing to buy the Brezza, the UC is a better bet. To top it off, the hassle free Toyota service is much better than the degrading Marutis.
chiefpk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 13:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Urban Cruiser deliveries expected to commence by Dussehra 2020.

Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-smartselect_20201013131337_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-month-418874
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 18:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

First batch of the Toyota Urban Cruiser dispatched

Toyota has dispatched the first batch of the Urban Cruiser crossover ahead of the festive season.

Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-master.jpg

The Toyota Urban Cruiser was launched last month. It is a re-badged version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza and is available in six variants. Prices start at Rs. 8.40 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Urban Cruiser gets a reworked front fascia to differentiate it from Maruti's version. It comes with LED projector headlamps, LED tail lights and 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.

The interior of the Urban Cruiser looks similar to the Vitara Brezza. It has a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and comes with features such as automatic climate control, cruise control, auto-dimming IRVM and rain sensing wipers. The base variant misses out on alloy wheels and touchscreen infotainment, which is replaced with a 2-DIN audio system with Bluetooth connectivity.

The Urban Cruiser is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine, which produces 104 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 138 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. All three variants are offered with a choice of a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission. Automatic variants get a lithium-ion battery with an integrated starter generator (ISG).

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 16th October 2020 at 18:35.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 19:09   #102
BHPian

As a layman, it disappoints me whenever I look at this car. Same engine, same lines, same design, same interiors, just a different set of labels(worth Rs 2000 maybe?) compared to the Brezza. What is the purpose this car was born to solve

It might just delay the purchase of people who had already decided to buy Brezza by a few months - now they will have a hard time choosing which badge looks better lol
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 19:16   #103
BHPian

^^
The grill and bumper look better in UC, Toyota should have made some effort for the rear bumper as well.

The less said about the interior the better.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 19:41   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Bharadwaj View Post
What is the purpose this car was born to solve
Well, I kind of have an answer to your question. The other day, I was having a conversation with a colleague who purchased a Brezza petrol couple of months ago. He said that Toyota launched a new "SUV" that looks like a rip off of the Brezza when viewed from the side. He was wondering how a giant like Toyota could copy Maruti's design. When I told him that UC is the Brezza with different grill and bumper, he was clueless. I asked him about Glanza and he was like - "Huh? they launched a car already?"

This is exactly who Toyota targets. People who are not aware of cars will buy it for the legendary T-badge without realising that it is infact a Suzuki (not accounting those who buy it for fuss free service experience). Toyota can boast increased sales and keep their dealers happy and Maruti will be happy with manufacturing a few thousand more cars every month.
furyrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 00:00   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the exclusive brown colour not available on the Brezza.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-2a30843f40594bba9ce3361758ba5027.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks