Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:07   #166
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by haridsv View Post
Per the sales rep in our local showroom, Toyota has no plans to continue as they released Hyryder. It somehow feels hard to believe as UC is fairly successful, but considering the >3L price increase the UC facelift would bring, it seems quite possible.

This is very confusing. I spoke with the SA from Sunny Toyota Lucknow yesterday and enquired about it very specifically. He was confident that it will continue and there is no official or unofficial update they have that it will be discontinued. He also mentioned, I can book this in October with them and they will deliver it in November (planning to get in Nov). I had to book Grand Vitara and Nexon only because of this confusion (these are my second choice)
Old 3rd August 2022, 15:57   #167
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I am in the market for a replacement of my 100k+, 2012 Honda BRIO. My primary ride is an Endevaour 4x2 AT; the BRIO was mostly driver driven and used for school drops and other local errands.

Considerations:

1. No compromise on the 'basic' safety, comfort and convenience factors. But it doesn't need all the bells and whistles such as ADAS, Lane Departure Warning and ++.

2. Good ground clearance and road presence coexist with bad roads and rude drivers.

3. Extend the life of my Endeavour. Something smaller but a sporty & enthusiastic AT that would suit a 6footer with a large build.

4. No Tata, Mahindra, MG

To begin with, I was all over the place; test driving Jeep Compass and D-Max V Cross. I was eagerly reading every update on the new Tuscan launch. It went to the extent that I got myself confused if I was looking for a replacement of my Brio or my Endeavour . Sorry about the rambling!

I've now zeroed in on 3-options:

1. Hyundai i20 N line N8 DCT ~14L

It looks sophisticated both on the inside and on the outside. It seems sporty and recently updated. Once challenge is I am not sure how good is the i20 in bad roads

2. Toyota Urban Cruiser High/ Premium AT ~ 14L (before discount)

It seems value for money. I understand Toyota will discontinue Urban Cruiser soon, but with 5 Year/ 150k extended warranty, I am guessing Toyota will continue to support the model. I see no point in waiting for the Toyota Hyryder; seeing what's happening in the last few months, the Hyryder will be at least 30% more expensive.

3. Used Isuzu D-Max V Cross (6 months old, 25k on the odo @ 22.75L) - Damn! That love for the pick-up.

I know these are not equivalent cars, but these are the only options I see fitting into my parameters.

What are your thoughts?
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:10   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
Hello BHPians,

2. Toyota Urban Cruiser High/ Premium AT ~ 14L (before discount)

It seems value for money. I understand Toyota will discontinue Urban Cruiser soon, but with 5 Year/ 150k extended warranty, I am guessing Toyota will continue to support the model. I see no point in waiting for the Toyota Hyryder; seeing what's happening in the last few months, the Hyryder will be at least 30% more expensive.
What are your thoughts?
I am also considering Urban Cruiser, given Toyota Hyryder, Grand Vitara and new Brezza are sharing the same platform and engine. Both (Urban Cruiser Premium AT and Brezza Vxi AT) models are similarly priced now, after factoring in Urban Cruiser discounts. In fact Urban Cruiser Premium AT has far more goodies than Brezza VXI AT. The following are the differences in new Brezza Vxi AT and Urban Cruiser Premium AT that I find significant and am deciding on which one to pick

a) A 6 speed TC (Brezza) vs a 4 speed in UC
b) ESP (Brezza) vs ABS/EBD in UC
c) Kb15C (Brezza) vs Kb15B in UC

I think one should rather buy Brezza or Urban Cruiser if one is not looking to buy the strong hybrid models in Hyryder and Grand Vitara .
JKBKS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:26   #169
BANNED

I'm pleasantly surprised with Toyota's pricing for a change they have really got their pricing going right for the Urban Cruiser. Really like the look as well and the blue colour has my heart.
Old 6th August 2022, 10:04   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
buy Brezza or Urban Cruiser if one is not looking to buy the strong hybrid models in Hyryder and Grand Vitara .
Thank you, JKBKS. What you say makes sense.

I’ve added Tata Nexon XZA Plus Dark Edition to the consideration list. The dark edition’s interiors seem good. Planning to test drive both these cars. Any thought on Nexon VS Urban Cruiser?
Old 8th August 2022, 00:20   #171
BHPian

Need help with the below two points:
- Is it possible to get the touch-screen system of the premium variant, installed in the Mid variants, after-market?
- Any recommendations on what are good options for 3rd party touch-screen & parking camera for the mid-variant?

The reason for asking this is that the mid-variants meets all my requirements except for having a touch-screen with rev. parking camera. So if I can somehow get it installed in the mid-variant, then i am sorted for this car.
Old 8th August 2022, 04:36   #172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
- Is it possible to get the touch-screen system of the premium variant, installed in the Mid variants, after-market?
- Any recommendations on what are good options for 3rd party touch-screen & parking camera for the mid-variant?

The reason for asking this is that the mid-variants meets all my requirements except for having a touch-screen with rev. parking camera. So if I can somehow get it installed in the mid-variant, then i am sorted for this car.
The sales executive from the Toyota showroom in our city says he can get the original touchscreen from premium variant fitted in mid variant along with camera as well. I didn't ask him about the cost though.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 09:31   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
The sales executive from the Toyota showroom in our city says he can get the original touchscreen from premium variant fitted in mid variant along with camera as well. I didn't ask him about the cost though.
can you plz help get more information from your toyota sales guy? Because my sales guy at Toyota mumbai is saying that the vendor for this touchscreen does not supply it as a standalone product that can be added as an accessory
Old 8th August 2022, 09:57   #174
BANNED

Quote:
can you plz help get more information from your toyota sales guy? Because my sales guy at Toyota mumbai is saying that the vendor for this touchscreen does not supply it as a standalone product that can be added as an accessory
Maybe because it is discontinued, they are all out of stock.
Old 14th August 2022, 14:12   #175
BHPian

Quote:

I believe that it is possible to fit an aftermarket touchscreen Android system on the Mid variant. In fact, the SA/SM at Madhuban, Bandra did offer this to us. He said it was 27K or 28K, if I remember correctly.

Just my two pence, I would think twice about dealing with Madhuban, I think that their service is pathetic. We went for a test drive through them in June and I had asked for specific information to be sent to me, I am still waiting for them to send that across. Their Kurla outlet is no better. We finally ended up booking with Wasan. We did consider Lakozy as well, but they couldn't confirm when they would receive a car in the colour we wanted.
Old 14th August 2022, 14:21   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaS View Post
We did consider Lakozy as well, but they couldn't confirm when they would receive a car in the colour we wanted.
Thankfully, we went to the Lakozy showroom in Andheri-E, and the experience was extraordinary.
To give you some context, me & my dad had spent the whole day visiting different showrooms - Two Tata, one maruti, one honda, and at the end of the day visited this Lakozy showroom just to tick it off the box.
But the experience with the team there was so good, that my dad actually asked for a feedback form to give a good feedback about the staff, namely the SA - Kunal Kamble. He and his team patiently answered all our queries, worked hard to get us the best discounts, and as it turns out, we are actually going to buy the Urban Cruiser now, which was not even on my shortlist .
I would strongly recommend to visit this Anderi-east showroom and ask for Kunal.
hanzt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 16:26   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Thankfully, we went to the Lakozy showroom in Andheri-E, and the experience was extraordinary.
To give you some context, me & my dad had spent the whole day visiting different showrooms - Two Tata, one maruti, one honda, and at the end of the day visited this Lakozy showroom just to tick it off the box.
But the experience with the team there was so good, that my dad actually asked for a feedback form to give a good feedback about the staff, namely the SA - Kunal Kamble. He and his team patiently answered all our queries, worked hard to get us the best discounts, and as it turns out, we are actually going to buy the Urban Cruiser now, which was not even on my shortlist .
I would strongly recommend to visit this Anderi-east showroom and ask for Kunal.
I've had no issues with Lakozy, except for the fact that they didn't know when they would be able to deliver a Grey Premium MT. I was speaking with Vatan from their Malad showroom and he was great. At Wasan Chembur, our SA Tejas has been most helpful and accommodating with all of our requests.

If I may ask what variant are you getting and what sort of discount was offered?
JoshuaS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 17:59   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaS View Post
If I may ask what variant are you getting and what sort of discount was offered?
i got the mid-AT (O2) silver color. Got a discount of 60K + some off the insurance as well. If you have NCB on your old car, make sure to let them know.
hanzt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 14:49   #179
BHPian

Hey Guys, quick question for current UC owners here. I'm a bit confused and any help would be appreciated.

Let's say I want to use the Android Auto option on the touchscreen display on the Premium variant for navigation, by connecting my phone via the USB slot. That then means there is no way that I can plug in a USB drive for my music when the phone is connected.

Can Android Auto run via a Bluetooth connection? Or would a USB splitter work? Or would I have to transfer the music files to my phone and would I be able to use that simultaneously whilst the navigation is running?
Old 27th August 2022, 20:40   #180
BHPian

Hi
Anyone aware of discounts on Urban Criuser AT variants in Delhi NCR? Please share
Thanks in advance !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks