Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2022, 18:59   #136
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebarshiSharma View Post
I have a hunch that maybe Toyota will repeat what they did with the Innova. Innova >> Innova Crysta (Generation update and also increased the price to reach a different segment).
Visited the Toyota showroom today and raised the same doubts.

They insisted that the new UC will continue as a 4m car and compete in the Venue/XUV300/Nexon segment rather than the Creta segment. Also ruled out panoramic sunroof so as not to compromise structural safety in a sub-4m car. As per them, Suzuki is looking to raise safety standards on all new launches or facelifts.

They confirmed 6-speed AT with paddle shifters, 360 cam with lane change assist and sharper looks as seen on the Glanza now. Camry-like Hybrid is in the works but will not be ready at launch.

Last edited by mkumar79 : 31st May 2022 at 19:14. Reason: Minor clarification
mkumar79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 00:46   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebarshiSharma View Post
I have a hunch that maybe Toyota will repeat what they did with the Innova. Innova >> Innova Crysta.
It seems like I was quite correct with the Urban Cruiser Hyryder nameplate prediction.
Doesn’t seem to be based on the Brezza, and also can see a middle rear seat head rest. Quite possibly the 4.3m Creta/Seltos rival.

Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-e580d10ee4904bfda03cfd95afbfa5a2.jpeg

Source: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5335486

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkumar79 View Post
They confirmed 6-speed AT with paddle shifters, 360 cam with lane change assist and sharper looks as seen on the Glanza now.

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th June 2022 at 01:48. Reason: Trimmed quoted posts.
Old 20th June 2022, 18:47   #138
BHPian

Hello friends,
I have recently booked an Urban Cruiser and the dealer has shared the VIN. It starts with MA3.

In the VIN thread it was mentioned that VIN for Toyota vehicles start with MBJ and for Maruti it starts with MA3.

The dealer is clear about the VIN shared with me and says all Urban Cruisers VIN start with MA3.

Can the owners of Urban Cruisers in this forum please confirm if this is indeed true.

Would appreciate an early response as I intend to do PDI as the next step.
Old 20th June 2022, 19:03   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Hello friends,
I have recently booked an Urban Cruiser and the dealer has shared the VIN. It starts with MA3.

In the VIN thread it was mentioned that VIN for Toyota vehicles start with MBJ and for Maruti it starts with MA3.

The dealer is clear about the VIN shared with me and says all Urban Cruisers VIN start with MA3.

Can the owners of Urban Cruisers in this forum please confirm if this is indeed true.

Would appreciate an early response as I intend to do PDI as the next step.
I own Urban Cruiser , my VIN # starts with MA3 , please go ahead.
rainmaster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 17:01   #140
BHPian

Any clue when the refreshed UC is expected to be launched? The biggest negative is the interior which hope will be corrected in the new Breeza and refreshed UC
Old 6th July 2022, 10:08   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaster View Post
Completed 10000 km in 6 months, quick update on Urban Cruiser ownership experience.

Engine had opened up well, its smooth, rev happy and pleasure to drive. Big thumps up on refinement level. Power delivery is fine for my Dad but oomph factor is missing for me. It’s not an exciting engine but does the job well for average Joe. Under full load in state/undivided highways, have to plan my overtakes. I’m driving petrol cars after 10 years of Diesel car ownership in India, miss diesel torque in some of the similar situations.
Fuel Efficiency : Overall FE hovers around 15.5 KMPL, With respect to mileage, Urban Cruiser hates city traffic, worst I have got 10 – 12 KMPL in city conditions and best around 18-22 in highways/ideal driving conditions.
Ride: Ride quality seems to be better than my SCROSS 1.6, body roll is well contained , overall good balance between ride & handling. Couldn’t match the of Fiesta’s poise but Dad and myself are not getting younger anymore , will take additional ground clearance and higher seating position than a sharp handling low slung sedan.
NVH :Engine noise almost nil , on highways up to 100 KMPH NVH levels are well within acceptable level. After 100 , there is definite increase in road and wind noise. Not a major complaint but could have done better insulation.

Completed second service, no complaints whatsoever, everything is working as expected, one of the primary reason to pick Urban Cruiser for my Dad, no nonsense car. Urban Cruiser in current avatar is a great car and the upcoming facelift will be a great pick for anyone looking for Just fill it forget it type cars.

Attachment 2297703

Big thumps up to Toyota Express Service , utilized for last two services. Scheduled service appointments via Toyota I Connect app, customer longue and experience is good, usually you can pick up the car in 2-3 hours after dropping it for Service.
Do you see any improvement in mileage after 10000 service ?
Also how much did it cost you for 10000 service ?
Mine is 8 months old and just completed 10000 and planning to service this weekend.
Old 6th July 2022, 19:04   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudarsanketh View Post
Do you see any improvement in mileage after 10000 service ?
Also how much did it cost you for 10000 service ?
Mine is 8 months old and just completed 10000 and planning to service this weekend.
Didn't see much of a difference in mileage, its more or less same.
I took Annual maintenance package for 3 years, haven't paid anything for second service.
After oil change, your will definitely see improvement in refinement and engine will rev better.
rainmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 15:15   #143
BHPian

Purchase of Urban Cruiser

Have been using Maruti swift for the past 6 years without any hassle. But family trips have been on the rise for the last year or so and hence the need for a family vehicle with enough boot space, comfortable seating et al was felt.
Several TDs over the past 9 months (as well as ownership reviews here) on Nexon, Venue, Ciaz, Amaze, Magnite etc finally led to the selection of Urban Cruiser.
The ownership review by @rainmaster put a favourable spin to the decision.

Purchase Experience

There was a distinct possibility of acquiring a BH number plate. However, it was a no-no in TN. So much for federalism.
Explored in KA, but, resident proof became an issue. Subsequently heard that KA is doing this only on a whimsical fashion. So even if one is eligible, he/she may not get it for sure.
Went to MH. Submitted the documents to a Toyota dealer in Bandra for further vetting the process. The RTO guy there (Mr.Sachin) took a day and confirmed it could be done.
Waiting for the right color took a month. But finally decided to go with the color available. Sunny white. Wanted to have it before the monsoon batters the city and the Konkan. Dealer promised delivery in 5 days’ time. So kept 7 to 10 days’ time as a buffer. After all had to drive all the way down for 1300 kms.

PDI

The dealer was very cooperative and brought the vehicle from Bhiwandi to Kurla for this purpose. However, the yard at Kurla wasn’t in the best of shape to do a complete PDI. The vehicle was parked close to the wall on one side. It started to drizzle also. Still managed to do whatever possible and was satisfied with the vehice. The Odo read 32 kms.

Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-20220717_150846.jpg

Tried to locate the manufacturing date of the tyres. But could do so only on one of the tyres. Tried to locate the same on other Toyota vehicles on display there, but same case. When I brought this up with the SA, well, he wasn’t even aware of such a thing in the first place.

Funding

As the interest rates were inching up wanted to strike a good deal before it was late. Got a deal @ 7.8 %. Actually would have got at 7.6 % if I had processed it myself. But to save time took the dealer’s help for processing this. Shot down on some of the documents that they asked (post dated cheques, Form 16 etc.) Got my way on these things as I threatened to walk out of the deal.

Insurance

Remember clearly telling the dealer that I would take care. At the last minute they insisted that I take it from them. I said ok, if they are able to match mine. They wasted 3 days on this and finally wanted me to process it myself. I did this in half hour. Saved about 15 K. (need to get credit for this)

Accessories

Opted for some accessories and underbody rust coat as well. Paid up front. On second thoughts cancelled some of them as I thought they might goof up big time and cause further delay in delivering the vehicle. Should remember to get the credit for the cancelled items.

Registration

When the day for registration came, more documents were sought, hard copies this (they could have taken a printout themselves), clear copies that. Surely all these could have been asked for earlier while the loans were being processed.

I couldn't be patient any longer. Told them firmly that they should be giving a pleasant experience and not any other. The floor head at the showroom apologized and committed to deliver in a day. This he did but not without some amount of bad blood. I was determined that I wouldn’t hold on to any bad moments when it came to taking the actual delivery. Alas….things turned out differently.

I was told to come at 1530 Saturday. But drove out of the showroom only at 1900. The documents, invoices etc had to arrive from another office (Kurla). And that took forever, indeed. While checking the invoices found that the Fastag card was stapled thereon. Requested them to affix it properly on the vehicle. Uff… would have missed this.

Asked for the guarantee cards for tyres and battery. Was told that the vehicle manual, wherein the makes and dates are noted would serve as the guarantee card and no separate document is given. Further it was stated that the guarantee is only for a year.

Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-img20220717wa0062-1.jpg
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-img20220712wa0313.jpg

By the time I drove the vehicle from the showroom the rain gods also witnessed the occasion and showered their blessings in abundance.
Capri89 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 00:10   #144

Hello Capri89

Would you mind sharing the onroad cost and model of your Urban Cruiser.
Old 21st July 2022, 21:45   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Purchase of Urban Cruiser

By the time I drove the vehicle from the showroom the rain gods also witnessed the occasion and showered their blessings in abundance.
Congratulations on your purchase, wish you many happy miles ahead.
I would suggest don't fret much on your delivery experience and enjoy the car and what it is meant to do
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 21:51   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.pi.N.T/60 View Post
Hello Capri89

Would you mind sharing the onroad cost and model of your Urban Cruiser.
Sure.
10.5 L incl underbody coating + some accessories
Premium MT
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 23:36   #147
BHPian

Urban cruiser would be the last car sold with the K-series B engine. The pricing is still sane. I guess, a good number of buyers would back out of the new atrociously priced brezza and choose the urban cruiser.
Old 24th July 2022, 14:23   #148

Hi guys, I got the delivery of my UC Premium AT on Friday, 22nd July. I was considering the Jazz, Brezza and UC. Upgrading from the Liva MT, the Jazz did not feel like an upgrade. The new Brezza is way too expensive, and spending 16 big ones for a Brezza could not make sense to me. So finalised the UC. For the Liva, the dealer agreed at a price of 3.1L including discounts. So net price for me was 10.93L. The dealership experience was good. I had finalised with Shaw Toyota in Pune, but wife wanted the blue shade which wasn’t available with him. So last minute checked with Sharayu Toyota, and luckily was told one blue vehicle is on its way to the dealership. Instantly booked it and processed the buy back. Paid the full amount the next day. PDI was done on 19th July, the dealer was kind enough to get the vehicle at the dealership, since the stockyard would be in a mess in the rains. Overall, everything went very very smoothly right from the first enquiry to the delivery. And with basic 3 year warranty included, looking forward to a no headache long term ownership. Attaching a few photos. 😃
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-cd375cb863c44f2398443820fb827170.jpeg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-aa436ba6b6d344ed88222ff6f2a40cb3.jpeg  

sohanangal is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 16:28   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanangal View Post
Hi guys, I got the delivery of my UC Premium AT on Friday, 22nd July.
Congrats on your new ride, the Urban Cruiser Premium AT is one of the most value for money "true" automatics you can get in this price range considering the pricing of the new Brezza automatic.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 16:34   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Congrats on your new ride, the Urban Cruiser Premium AT is one of the most value for money "true" automatics you can get in this price range considering the pricing of the new Brezza automatic.
Thank you! The main purpose of this car is city driving for wife and dropping/ picking up kids from school and classes. This served the purpose fully, with a decent enough engine and GB, safety and features. Missed out on 360 degree camera, connected car, etc, but those were way down on my list. So was an easy decision. 😃
sohanangal is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks