Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2022, 12:58   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
Urban cruiser ( Based on old vitara Brezza had 4 speed AT) has not yet been officially discontinued by TOYOTA, but I don't think it is in production right now. And almost all the stock has been exhausted based on September sales data. A new updated model based on new Brezza is due and according to rumours might be launched very soon. Though it can not be said if name stays same or gets changed due to the launch of Urban Cruiser Hyryder to avoid confusion.
Toyota has still not announced anything for new breeza variant when they are launching, and my SA still says that they are taking bookings for UC and no updates on non availibility as of now.
Maybe post diwali or in 2023 they might discontinue it and launch the new version.
Old 18th October 2022, 21:09   #212
BHPian

With a budget of 12 lakhs on road, I Urban Cruiser Automatic slid into the list of probable. Luckily found one at a dealer.

This will primarily be driven by my wife in city and me on our roadtrips. We do atleast 3-4 of them a year. Currently we drive the Figo 1.5tdci for city and highway purposes. I will retain it for its life for the sheer love of that engine. But need a bigger car for highway trips. Can owners of automatic variants shed some light on the experience with AT gearbox on hills and highway overtakes?

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 18th October 2022 at 21:11.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 22:17   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Can owners of automatic variants shed some light on the experience with AT gearbox on hills and highway overtakes?
The four speed automatic runs at higher RPM when climbing hills and at higher velocities on the highway. I haven't found power lacking, but be prepared to hear the engine roar. If you are a petrol head, that is not a bad sound.
ohaak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 11:05   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
The four speed automatic runs at higher RPM when climbing hills and at higher velocities on the highway. I haven't found power lacking, but be prepared to hear the engine roar. If you are a petrol head, that is not a bad sound.
While i was testing the XL6 automatic and revving it to the limits I liked the sound of this engine . But it should be proportional to the speed increase. I hope the gearbox is in line with that and not just increasing the revvs without any actual translation to the wheels.
Old 19th October 2022, 12:07   #215
BHPian

Quote:
While i was testing the XL6 automatic and revving it to the limits I liked the sound of this engine . But it should be proportional to the speed increase. I hope the gearbox is in line with that and not just increasing the revvs without any actual translation to the wheels.
The torque convertor gearbox is fine. It is just limited to four gears. I recommend a test drive.
ohaak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 16:03   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was one of the reason I did not liked new breeza compared to this older tuned version which still feels more peppier to drive which is why i bought UC, yes would have loved 6TC as compared to 4TC box but in the price i bought i am very happy.
vijaythacker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 22:11   #217
Senior - BHPian

Any chance of the Urban Cruiser being replaced by the Yaris Cross?
Old 19th October 2022, 23:31   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
This was one of the reason I did not liked new breeza compared to this older tuned version which still feels more peppier to drive which is why i bought UC, yes would have loved 6TC as compared to 4TC box but in the price i bought i am very happy.
Is it upcoming CAFE-II norms that they are bringing in K15C to all the recent launches with tuning for lowest emission and hence also fuel economy ?
Otherwise, I wished Toyota (actually Maruti as they supplies the car) gamble with some variations in Urban Cruiser. They can tune for little improvement in performance, launch a optional non sunroof top version to keep costs low as well test the mood. If a non sunroof version succeeds, Maruti too can bring one non sunroof top model.
Why just only badge engineer without any experimentation ?
Old 20th October 2022, 18:37   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Any chance of the Urban Cruiser being replaced by the Yaris Cross?
No i dont think so rather what i have heard is they are working to get Corolla back in the game first along with innova replacement. Depending upon the success of hybrids more launches in coming years..
Old 21st October 2022, 10:31   #220
BHPian

Hi All,

I bought the UC in early August this year, and so far the car has been performing as expected.
I have the mid-AT variant, which means I have the basic steel wheels with the Toyota rim-plate on top of the wheel.

Today when i removed this rim-plate to fill air in the tyre i noticed severe rusting. I also noticed that there is no center-nut either.
I called up the service center guy, he explained that on the hind-wheels, there is a cylinder type tube on which the center of the wheel is mounted, and hence no nuts for the hind wheels.
For the rusting, he is saying it is normal and offered to apply some grease into it to avoid rusting.

So I need help here folks:
- Is the above explanation about the lack of center-nut on hind wheels make sense? Do you see it in your UCs as well?
- Have any of you noticed similar rapid rusting? Isnt this a hazard? What have you done about it? Is grease enough or should we go for anti-rush coating, 3M coating, etc?

Here are the pics:
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-img_20221021_100324078.jpg

Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-img_20221021_100303415.jpg
Old 21st October 2022, 11:22   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post

Today when i removed this rim-plate to fill air in the tyre i noticed severe rusting. I also noticed that there is no center-nut either.
Congratulations on your purchase.

The center hubs are mainly iron and they do show rusting. You can clean them and use grease to slow down rusting. You can also purchase the plastic black hub caps and fix them on the steel wheels and thereafter apply the wheel covers.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 12:04   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
You can also purchase the plastic black hub caps and fix them on the steel wheels and thereafter apply the wheel covers.
Oh I did not know I could do that. That is a great idea. I will be visiting the service center. I plan to remove the rusting using sandpaper, put the grease, and I will surely ask them for the black hub caps!
But is grease the only option, or can we put some anti-rush coating or 3M coating ?

Last edited by hanzt : 21st October 2022 at 12:06.
Old 31st October 2022, 11:21   #223

Got my Urban Cruiser (MT) PETROL in April 2021
The current OD reading is 8300 kms
I use it mostly for short city runs and once in two months long distance trips.
Getting mileage of 11.3 kms/L
Is that normal? Should I take it to the service center?
Old 31st October 2022, 11:54   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibworld View Post
Got my Urban Cruiser (MT) PETROL in April 2021
The current OD reading is 8300 kms
I use it mostly for short city runs and once in two months long distance trips.
Getting mileage of 11.3 kms/L
Is that normal? Should I take it to the service center?
Congratulations on your UC. This is normal FE that you are getting, should be around 11-13.5 range in city driven conditions which i have heard most of the users getting, so dont worry about it and enjoy your ride.
vijaythacker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 15:33   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Congratulations on your UC. This is normal FE that you are getting, should be around 11-13.5 range in city driven conditions which i have heard most of the users getting, so dont worry about it and enjoy your ride.
Isn't that low? Do the FE numbers improve as more kms get added?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks