Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2021, 14:50   #346
BHPian

re: Hyundai i20 Review

I am pretty sure the body shell integrity = Stable is not the same as the passenger compartment being stable. In the GNCAP, a body shell integrity of unstable means that further loading is not possible. That aspect is not measured/tested in the Euro ncap.

Looking at the protection chart of the swift in Europe vs India, I don't see a major difference. However with Kia Seltos, that is clearly not the case.

In my opinion, some of us are reducing the gravity of what Kia/Hyundai (the parent) have done for their 20 lakh car by suggesting that others (including Maruti & Ford) have also been doing this. I feel for the Seltos owners and hope that Hyundai will test India Creta and i20 to put the doubts at rest. Till then, this should be highlighted in our forum atleast.

@SoumenD - agree that the thread may be getting diverted. So not going to post on this again

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 29th March 2021 at 14:52.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 10:05   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Service interval is 10k kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potenza View Post
Service schedule after the first service is 10k or one year whichever is earlier.
What android app do you use to connect to your infotainment system? "Android auto" or "Android Auto for phone screen"? Using the latter, there is a YT vid of a guy having to get his phone into developer mode to pair with the car.
Old 1st April 2021, 04:33   #348
Senior - BHPian

Welcome my beauty i20 Sportz 1.0 turbo

On the 19 th of March My wife and I decided that our 12 year old Dzire VDI had seen better days and we need to get another vehicle for our weekend drives and occasional out station drives. To give you an idea of my usage, I'm a retired Navy guy and have done 83000 km in the 12 years that I had my Dzire.
Our requirements were wide serivce network (used the Extensive Maruti network in small places many a time), hatchback (since our children have gone away we are generally only 2 with not much luggage), plush interiors (negligible cabin noise and premium feel), ABS, and good infotainment system.
Saw i20, Jazz, Baleno, took a peek at Sonet, Venue. Wife and I liked the i20, so booked a TD (on 24th) and was impressed by the quality of ride, engine and features. Read all the 22 pages of reviews on Team-BHP and settled for the i20.
Since there were a plethora of variants, zeroed down on the 1.0 turbo Asta but this was not available through the CSD, so went in for the Sportz variant thereby losing out the Electronic stability control. Booked the car on 23rd, sold my Dzire on 24th, and got delivery of this beauty on 31st.
Hyundai i20 Review-front-quarter.jpg
Loved the "styled Steel" wheels I wonder if they had made such an effort to make the steel wheels so sleek to fit behind the plastic covers, could they not have just painted them grey/black and fitted them as such?
Hyundai i20 Review-frontal.jpg
Great job Hyundai for this frontal design
Hyundai i20 Review-rear-quarter.jpg

Hyundai i20 Review-rear.jpg
Maybe this is not the best view of the car
Hyundai i20 Review-side.jpg
goandude is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:09   #349
BHPian

A question to the new 1.2l NA i20 owners:

What is fuel economy you are getting?

Hyundai claims that they have made improvements to FE which plagued earlier i20.
Old 14th April 2021, 13:41   #350
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I had had a doubt regarding which Android Auto app to use to connect my phone to the HU of my i20 Sportz. So I followed this YT instructions on how to connect them wirelessly using "Android Auto for Phone Screen"

However I found it a hit and miss type of scenario; at times it would work well at times it says phone not found, so basically it was not a happy feeling.

So when I went to the showroom for number plate fixing I was told that this wireless thing won't work, fix USB cable and use "Android Auto" only. I did, and since then it has been working flawlessly. Music, navigation and voice commands.

BTW was interested to know what music system and speakers are OE in the car but couldn't find a reliable source of info, showroom guys say Infinity. The sound quality is very good.

Someone previously inquired about the unladen weight of the car. The Vahan website for my car shows 1022 Kgs.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 22:21   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Someone previously inquired about the unladen weight of the car. The Vahan website for my car shows 1022 Kgs.
Is your car 1.2 petrol manual? If yes, then 1022 Kgs is not that bad considering Altroz's weight is 1036 Kgs. of-course, this doesn't mean that I20 is comparable to Altroz in terms of safety since Hyundai's K-series platform doesn't have a good reputation. Where as Altroz's ALFA platform has already secured a 5 star rating.

But not sure how Hyundai is claiming it to be 100 Kgs lighter.
Old 15th April 2021, 10:31   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional_fool View Post
Is your car 1.2 petrol manual?
It's a 1.0 turbo IMT Sportz variant.
Old 15th April 2021, 23:00   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
It's a 1.0 turbo IMT Sportz variant.

Ok, the NA variant would be probably lighter by 40 to 50 Kgs at around 975 Kg which is ~50Kg lighter than the Elite I20.

On a different note, I just noticed that the turbo and non-turbo variants have slightly different front grill design.
Old 18th April 2021, 06:32   #354
BHPian

Calling 1.0 owners. How does the car idle? I would like to know if there are vibrations felt on the steering and chassis, and also whether or not there is any perceivable increase in vibration accompanied with an increase in RPM whenever AC compressor kicks in. At idle.
Old 19th April 2021, 10:46   #355
BHPian

So, my New i20 Asta (O) got first map update.
For last 2 days, it tries to update but gets stuck at 27%
Yesterday i drove for 1 hour, it started with 27% and never went up during whole drive.
Anyone else?
Old 20th April 2021, 14:37   #356
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Calling 1.0 owners. How does the car idle? I would like to know if there are vibrations felt on the steering and chassis, and also whether or not there is any perceivable increase in vibration accompanied with an increase in RPM whenever AC compressor kicks in. At idle.
The 3-cylinder engine is quite noisy when idling, especially during cold starts in the morning, however it settles down after a few kms once the engine has warmed up. Cabin is pretty insulated from any harshness of the 3-cylinder thrum noise or vibrations. It doesn't have any further impact when the AC is turned on either.

Having said that, at city and cruising speeds, there are absolutely no engine noise and vibrations felt in the cabin. NVH levels are top notch and close to what one would experience from the 1.2 NA engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
So, my New i20 Asta (O) got first map update.
For last 2 days, it tries to update but gets stuck at 27%
Yesterday i drove for 1 hour, it started with 27% and never went up during whole drive.
Anyone else?
Was it an over-the-air (OTA) update? Was it specific only for maps or does it update the entire system firmware?

I haven't received this update on my car yet. Will check when I take it for a spin next and report back.

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st April 2021 at 07:44. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Old 20th April 2021, 14:43   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Was it an over-the-air (OTA) update? Was it specific only for maps or does it update the entire system firmware?

I haven't received this update on my car yet. Will check when I take it for a spin next and report back.
OTA.
It’s map update as per change logs
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 18:29   #358
BHPian

Here is the screen shot
Note: Mods pls merge this post with my earlier post for better visibility Hyundai i20 Review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1618923526.915088.jpg
Old 4th May 2021, 10:13   #359

Hi everyone,
Just saw a Hyundai i20 and alcazar being tested on Faridabad-Ballabgarh highway. They were traveling consistently between 100-120 kmph. Barely managed to click these pictures. Also saw that meaty dual exhaust and rear discs on i20, opened a window to hear the exhaust note but it was either non-existent or couldn't hear it due to high speeds. Wraps suggest cosmetic treatments to the front and rear. Was this the n-line being tested? And since Hyundai has already revealed Alcazar pictures, why was it so heavily wrapped?

Mods please move this to a more relevant thread, if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Review-20210504_093927.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Review-20210504_093921.jpg  

ThatRaptorGuy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 20:32   #360

For those of you looking for the actual kerb weight of the i20 Asta (O) DCT: The RC card shows an unladen weight of 1076 kg.
CasualDriver is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks