Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2020?
Nissan Magnite 143 7.40%
Tata Altroz 322 16.67%
Hyundai i20 17 0.88%
Hyundai Aura 4 0.21%
Kia Sonet 143 7.40%
Mahindra Thar 794 41.10%
Hyundai Creta 47 2.43%
Honda City 49 2.54%
Tata Nexon EV 295 15.27%
Volkswagen T-Roc 28 1.45%
MG ZS EV 8 0.41%
Skoda Karoq 34 1.76%
Kia Carnival 34 1.76%
MG Gloster 1 0.05%
Audi Q2 1 0.05%
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe 8 0.41%
Range Rover Evoque 4 0.21%
Voters: 1932. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2020, 13:32   #286
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2020. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Thar!

Hello Mods,

Do you think the Rapid 1.0 TSI too should have been a part of this poll; considering:

1. A fresh new engine
2. Also older cars like City, Creta, i20 too have been a part of this survey

Thanks
Rish
Old 8th December 2020, 13:59   #287
BHPian

My vote goes to the "Thar".

The vehicle in its current iteration is much more desirable, so much more usable in the urban jungle (while still being very capable off-road), and manages to turn heads with its road presence in a way that even much pricier luxury cars can't command.

Topping it all is the 4 Star safety rating by GNCAP.

Goes to say how much Mahindra has upped its game. Can't wait to see how the 2021 XUV 500 is gonna be like going by the scoops so far.
Old 8th December 2020, 14:12   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
Hello Mods,

Do you think the Rapid 1.0 TSI too should have been a part of this poll; considering:

1. A fresh new engine
2. Also older cars like City, Creta, i20 too have been a part of this survey

Thanks
Rish

Except for a new engine, the rapid is still the same as the 2019 model.

Whereas city, creta and i20 are totally new generations. Only thing 2019 city/creta/i20 share with current models is the name. They are totally different cars.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 14:23   #289
RSR
Senior - BHPian

It has to be the Nissan Magnite for me!

It's not often that one comes across a car that changes the fate of a company in India. The Magnite happens to be that car for Nissan. On the verge of shutting shop and exiting India, Nissan desperately needed something that would revive them from their deathbed. Thanks to the Renault-Nissan Alliance's smart investment in the CMF-A and CMF-A+ platforms in India, they were able to come up with an extreme value-for-money offering such as the Magnite. This is the product that's going to drastically change Nissan's trajectory in India.

The Tata Nexon EV & MG ZS EV deserve a poll of their own, maybe Team-BHP Green Car of the Year meant only for cars with 0% emissions (no hybrids). This common poll puts EVs in the category of also-rans, which isn't really fair on zero-emission cars.

Last edited by RSR : 8th December 2020 at 14:26.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 18:15   #290
BHPian

As the owner of Thar 2013, I am totally happy to see it win.

I have always been a Jeeper though this is my first 'jeep'. And I am happy the trend is catching up.

I only fear it should be not a fad-driven demand and people who have recently bought it because it looks 'cool' will flood the used car market trying to sell it because it's not practical.

But I bet it's far easy to live with it than the previous version that I own. But again, I won't sell it for a new one as it's not my primary vehicle, nothing can match the raw feel of it.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 18:44   #291
BHPian

Voted for Nexon EV.

Test drove it last month and came out surprised with the performance. You can feel the low center of gravity. It pulls like crazy and the front tyres find it hard to handle the instant torque from the motor.

I am actually considering it as my next car. Never thought I would consider an electric car so soon. Full points to Tata for making this affordable super fun to drive EV.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 19:52   #292
BHPian

Voted for Thar. Simple reason being heart overruling the brain and putting any logic aside. Have driven diesel manual and found it to be quite refined but the interiors at the back left lot to be desired. But consider it to be a Wrangler at one third or fourth the price and it starts to make sensible buy.
Old 8th December 2020, 19:59   #293
Senior - BHPian

My vote too goes for Mahindra Thar.

I recall my 2018 trip to Goa when I drove Thar for 3-4 days. It was an amazing experience. How I wish I had the luxury of parking and off course some money, else Mahindra Thar would be my choice as a car for weekend getaways.
Old 8th December 2020, 22:30   #294
BHPian

Voted for Skoda Karoq. While we see many horror stories around Skoda ASS, this car is definitely best in its segment. I believe its a perfect car for the small family with quality design.
Old 8th December 2020, 23:00   #295
BHPian

Voted for Mahindra Thar. The most awaited or hyped car , improvement by leaps and bounds over previous versions. Still the rugged feel of offroader with added on comforts in this version. Definitely reasons for me to be car of the year.
Shashankjk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 00:20   #296
Senior - BHPian

For the Indian male who has been condemned by Indian women to eat, make babies ,money and then die the Mahindra Thar is an aspirational vehicle that allows the dream of an escape even though it isn't exactly affordable to many of them. That is enough to make me vote for the Thar even though the Nissan Magnite is my natural choice. But then, the comfortable rear seat of the Magnite only makes it that much easier for Indian women to sit and indulge in on of their favorite pastime of back seat driving and other tortures they inflict on the hapless Indian man. And, i hope my wife never reads this post. Long live the Thar!.

Last edited by nickatnite : 9th December 2020 at 00:21.
nickatnite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 11:41   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

My vote for the car of the year goes to Tata Nexon EV. Although ideally, EV vehicles should have a separate poll since including them at par with conventional cars isn’t a fair comparison for sure.

Making a complete EV with a healthy range and getting the Indian public drawn towards electric vehicles is no mean feat. That Tata has not compromised on any aspects while coming up with the vehicle is commendable no less. Pricing the car so well and making it affordable is indeed praiseworthy. That Tata is a home grown company, makes the feat doubly sweet.

Nissan Magnite is the second choice just because of the price disruption that it has created in the segment. For a company which is in doldrums and then coming up with a practical car with all the bells and whistles and yet pricing fantastically is huge.

Had the Nexon not been an EV, my car of the year would certainly be Magnite without any doubts. But then, odds are majorly skewed towards Thar and that’s not exactly a surprise !!
Old 9th December 2020, 12:35   #298
Senior - BHPian

Good job Thar. Now dont disappoint.

Happy to see Tata in 2 and 3. Tata can think of marketting the nexon ev in europe. Their market is ripe for electric cars.

Maddy
Old 10th December 2020, 00:20   #299
BHPian

Besides the Thar and Tata’s hogging first 3 places I am happy to see Sonet with lesser votes than Magnite and Creta with even less, especially in view of their recent safety ratings.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th December 2020 at 05:12. Reason: Let's stick to Team-BHP's car of the year
spkrnh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 13:34   #300
AZT
BHPian

Was conflicted between the Thar and Magnite. I liked the Thar but I think the Magnite has gotten the Sub 4 m SUV prices back to earth.

Even the Nexon which used to VFM is now looking over priced for that AMT they offer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks