Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2020, 11:46   #976
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Hi everyone,
I have the HSRP plate on one of the cars but not the color coded sticker. Had placed the order a few days back on the website for the sticker only but surprisingly even though I had selected the option for delivery within Delhi , the website also required me to book an appointment date and slot. Any idea why we need to select an appointment slot when just the sticker is getting delivered? (ps- the appointment selected is in February)

Also, I have not received any SMS or email after the booking was confirmed. Fortunately I took a screenshot of the booking confirmation once the payment was made, but aren't we supposed to get an email / SMS?
Old 29th December 2020, 15:23   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I just booked an appointment for 29th Dec at Hartron Motors and paid the amount upfront in the website. Lets see how it goes. Mine is a HR26 vehicle.
So I was supposed to be get my plates and sticker installed today at Hartron Motors, Gurgaon. Called them up only to be advised that they have not received the plates.

Called the toll free multiple times and mostly got the number is not working. However the one time i got the IVR i stuck around and finally got through to someone after 15 mins The chap on the line advised that the plates had been despatched. So may be I'll wait a few more days and call the plate fitting guys again.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 16:33   #978
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
Any idea why we need to select an appointment slot when just the sticker is getting delivered? (ps- the appointment selected is in February)
Because it is hand delivered and is procedurally required to be stuck on the car by the person coming to deliver it after verifying the RC book of the car he is fixing the sticker on.

That's why the plate delivery also has a INR 250 delivery charge / appointment where the guy comes with the required tools to fix it on the car.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 21:50   #979
BHPian

Hi All,

Have been trying to get booking of HSRP via the hsrphr.com website. Tried chrome (normal + incognito), edge but still getting "Your vehicle detail didn't match with vahan service"

Any solution to this?

Excel Motors (Faridabad) go to guy is charging Rs. 2700/- for HSRP booking, which I feel is highway robbery.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 01:26   #980
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a Delhi registered Wagon R being used in Agra by my father. The car had HSRP. However the front plate got damaged. I live in Faridabad. I got the front plate changed with a fake HSRP which are available in the market. This was done in the beginning of the year. Now is there anyway I can get the HSRP for DL number car in Agra ? My father is not willing to travel right now. I have attached the pic of the duplicate plate for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-c1f3de4839424b7d9b80ea08c8432133.jpeg  

nik0502 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 09:09   #981
BHPian

Trying to book a HSRP for my 2017 Thar , the website gives a message ge saying "As a Vendor we are not authorised for this vehicle Please visit www.siam.in for respective HSRP Maker"

Checked siam.in also does not offer any solutions , anyone has faced this earlier .
Old 31st December 2020, 17:11   #982
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Website for Rajasthan

Got to know of this website and placed an order for the registration plates + sticker for our beater Figo. For the Dusters we needed stickers only and they agreed to do it offline by visiting their office which is 2 km away from where I live.
  • Confirmation is through SMS.
  • They don't have an option of 'sticker only', yet.
  • They ship across India. I guess they don't have any fixing services unless you are close to their office.
  • RC copy needs to be uploaded in JPEG format.
  • Guys manage to answer the phone anytime I call (during office hours).

Note: Have just placed an order for now. Will comment on their fixing services, delivery time etc. in a few days.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 18:40   #983
BHPian

Quote:
So I was supposed to be get my plates and sticker installed today at Hartron Motors, Gurgaon. Called them up only to be advised that they have not received the plates.
So i finally got my plates and sticker installed at Hartron Motors. An absolutely fuss free experience. I was the only one at the showroom for the plates and was in and out of the place in 30mins. They only needed a copy of the RC along with a copy of the receipt.
Old 7th January 2021, 12:26   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

Note: Have just placed an order for now. Will comment on their fixing services, delivery time etc. in a few days.
Tgo,

Any update?

I am planning to fix HSRP for my 2010 Honda City(Karnataka Registered). The website you shared seems like they process HSRP for other states as well. I read in their website under benefits of HSRP, there was this phrase "seven-digit laser code" which got me confused as it should be ten digit code.

Whether you received HSRP with seven or ten digit code?
Old 7th January 2021, 12:53   #985
BHPian

I finally got the fuel type sticker installed on my car. The appointment was for 9am-1pm on 5th of jan. And there was no response, call, anything on the 5th. Then at 9pm or so on 5th, i got a message saying that they could not install the sticker, so i will get a further sms with link where i can go and reschedule my appointment.

Then on 6th of Jan while I was having my lunch, they came and i got the sticker installed.

And here is the real funny part. Around 30 mins after the sticker was installed on my car, I got a sms which informed me that my sticker appointment has been rescheduled to 14th of Jan and there was a link that I could visit to select any other date.

My car is a petrol car, and they put the blue sticker on it, but they also gave me a orange sticker that is for diesel cars. Dont know why, though..
Old 7th January 2021, 23:26   #986

Quote:

Called the toll free multiple times and mostly got the number is not working. However the one time i got the IVR i stuck around and finally got through to someone after 15 mins The chap on the line advised that the plates had been despatched. So may be I'll wait a few more days and call the plate fitting guys again.

Same here. I was supposed to reach my dealer (Koncept, Noida) on 1st Jan but even after a week, the dealership keeps saying that the plate has not reached them. The customer care number mentioned on the HSRP site NEVER works. Any idea anyone on how to proceed ?
Old 8th January 2021, 15:37   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoda0505 View Post
Same here. I was supposed to reach my dealer (Koncept, Noida) on 1st Jan but even after a week, the dealership keeps saying that the plate has not reached them. The customer care number mentioned on the HSRP site NEVER works. Any idea anyone on how to proceed ?
Keep trying to call the IVR toll free number. You will most likely get disconnected immediately saying invalid number etc. In case you get an IVR mesage just hold on. It took 15 mins for me to speak to someone. But it was worth it as he confirmed that the plates had been dispatched. They don't have details on when and from where they dispatch. They also advised that they could raise a complaint if plates have not been received but i didn't do it and preferred to wait. The plates reached 3 days late.
Please keep in mind this was for HR plates.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 16:05   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a Delhi registered Wagon R being used in Agra by my father. The car had HSRP. However the front plate got damaged. I live in Faridabad. I got the front plate changed with a fake HSRP which are available in the market. This was done in the beginning of the year. Now is there anyway I can get the HSRP for DL number car in Agra ? My father is not willing to travel right now. I have attached the pic of the duplicate plate for reference.
Since your father is not willing to travel and the car will not enter Delhi, you can take care of this once things normalize. I don't think other state traffic police folks are issuing challans for vehicles for this issue anyway
Old 9th January 2021, 21:16   #989

Quote:
Keep trying to call the IVR toll free number. You will most likely get disconnected immediately saying invalid number etc. In case you get an IVR mesage just hold on. It took 15 mins for me to speak to someone. But it was worth it as he confirmed that the plates had been dispatched. They don't have details on when and from where they dispatch. They also advised that they could raise a complaint if plates have not been received but i didn't do it and preferred to wait. The plates reached 3 days late.
Please keep in mind this was for HR plates.
Thanks for your reply. Happy to share that my plates arrived today (after a good 8 day delay). The experience at the dealership was pretty hassle-free, took just about 15 mins for the entire job to be done.
Old 11th January 2021, 12:19   #990

Hey Guys,

Need a little help. I have a 2009 Mitsubishi Cedia with UP registration. I have tried the bookmyhsrp.com and SIAM website but both of these don't allow Mitsubishi vehicles [although SIAM shows Mitsubishi]

I found this website which claims to be approved for multiple states.
Is this legit?

I would really appreciate is someone can point me on how to proceed to get my HSRP and color-coded sticker.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks