Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2024, 08:25   #271
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Finally I am getting ready for the 15 year RC renewal at Hyderabad. Paid online the Green Tax (5000) and RC Renew fees (5635), booked myself a slot for 15 March and also getting printouts of all forms and documents. I have a few scratches around the car and very light tint on the side and rear window glass. Do I need to do anything beforehand to avoid a second trip to the RTO?
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 11:22   #272
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Dear Bhpians,

I have successfully completed the Inspection for my vehicle yesterday at Thane RTO.

This was done by my driver who was carrying a authorisation letter. Owner's presence is not at all required.

Steps :

1) Pay the Green Tax and Inspection fee Online from below link https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...Y2MjM3NGQ0OA==

To be paid before the expiry of RC card. Once fee is paid you can Visit the RTO for inspection even after the expiry of RC.
My RC expired on 5th Feb 2024 and I went for inspection on 5th March 2024. No penalty or late fee was charged as I paid all fees before the expiry itself, only Inspection was carried out on a later date.
Cost : 8656 ( inspection, Smart card printing and Green tax included.)

2)Take the vehicle to the selected RTO for inspection of the vehicle. Along with the following documents:
  • Application in Form 25(Pre filled Online, with 3 Signatures of owner)
  • Pollution under control certificate
  • R.C.Book* ORIGINAL(To be sealed in Transparent Plastic Ziplock pouch available at RTO Photocopy wala for Rs5/-)
  • Proof for the payment of up-to-date road tax paid
  • Insurance Policy
  • Copy of PAN card & Adhaar of owner
  • Chassis Pencil Print
  • Authorisation letter (In case owner not present at RTO)

3)Inspector shall check the vehicle for fitness.

Make sure all the Lights(Headlight , Indicators, Tail light , Reverse Light, License plate Light) all should be working, wipers, Horn. License Plate should not be fancy. Small scratches and dents are ignored.

I was asked to change the license plate as the background of the plate was Silver. My driver got the new plates made from nearby shop. New Plates were fixed within 30 min. The inspector didn't care to physically check the car again , he asked for a Pic and job was done.

4)After the Inspection is successful and documents are signed by inspector, we need to submit it to officers desk.
These documents shall be kept for verification and approval of the competent authority. Once approved new RC shall be sent by speed post at the registered address. (Expected time 20 days ) We can track the status online by the application number mentioned on the Payment receipt

***************Process complete******************

In my case inspection was carried out at (New Thane RTO)Louis wadi RTO but documents had to be submitted at (Old Thane RTO) Central Jail RTO.

Apart from this there were no issues faced, no demand of bribe or unfair treatment by RTO staff is highly appreciated . Agents roaming around, do try to poke their nose to make some quick bucks, they should be ignored.

It is better to visit in the morning. In case there is any issue you have sufficient time to fix it and have the inspection completed the same day.
This should not take more than 2 hrs provided there is no adverse remark.

I highly recommend that you do the process without an agent. Things have really changed in Government departments and you must experience it to believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
I have successfully updated my Address and Terminated the Hypothecation.

I have now taken the first step for renewal of RC . Which is Fees payment from below link https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...Y2MjM3NGQ0OA==

Attachment 2564367

Now I need to visit RTO for Inspection. Total cost Rs 5658/- for inspection and Smart Card printing etc. Green Tax of Rs 3000/- also has to be paid.

Hopefully the total cost will be Rs 8658/- (5658+3000) inspection, Smart card printing and Green tax included.

I shall update once its done.
Thanx

Last edited by goenkakushal : 6th March 2024 at 11:30.
goenkakushal is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 14:31   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Dear Bhpians,

I highly recommend that you do the process without an agent. Things have really changed in Government departments and you must experience it to believe it.
UPDATE
Its been just 6 days since the Inspection was complete and here is the new RC RTO has become Super efficient
Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-whatsapp-image-20240312-14.11.32.jpeg
goenkakushal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 16:07   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

One tip. take a Nataraj HD/2B pencil with a sharpener. Do not go with the pen pencil/ mechanical pencil with 0.5/0.7mm tip for taking the imprint of the chassis number. The tip will keep breaking.

I took mechanical pencil and had to borrow proper pencil from an agent to take the imprint. And these agents are so low lives that he shamelessly asked 20 bucks for lending me his pencil to take imprint of chassis number! I was shocked and amused.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 19:25   #275
BHPian

Today, I visited Janakpuri WZ1, New Delhi RTO for a License renewal. Met my trusted insider cum agent and enquired about re-registratiin of my Bike that matures as 15 Year old with around 31 K on odo.
He clearly stated that "No procedure for continuing after 15 years".
Despite what RTO claims on Website, there is no procedure for this.
Anybody, who got this done in Delhi, may please clarify this.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 13:54   #276
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Rc renewal at 20 years

I recently got the RC renewed for my 2004 Hyundai Accent Gle petrol. Very straight forward process if all your papers are good and car is in good condition. I always ensure my insurance is paid up and my PUC check is in order. After paying the fees online, a total of 7280 including road tax for 1 year and uploading required documents, I was given an appointment of my choice to visit rto with vehicle.
The Rto ensured that lights, signals, wipers, horn were all in working order, tyres were in good condition (mine had done just 4500 km), ignored the few scratches and dents, also ignored the fact that i had not even washed the car and gave me an all clear. All in 5 minutes!
I did not use an agent nor did I pay a single rupee to them. My rc status was updated by evening and i received the rc via post in 5 days.
Things are certainly looking up at the Rto front here!
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-img_20240314_114651.jpg  

Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-img_20240314_114819.jpg  

rajeevsulu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 05:57   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post

Rc renewal at 20 years

I recently got the RC renewed for my 2004 Hyundai Accent Gle petrol. After paying the fees online, a total of 7280 including road tax for 1 year and uploading required documents, I was given an appointment of my choice to visit rto with vehicle.
Cheers
So, did they renew it for just an year? Isn't the renewals for 5 year period?
JMaruru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 06:56   #278
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
So, did they renew it for just an year? Isn't the renewals for 5 year period?
The renewal is for 5 years. There is an option to pay roadtax for a year or in multiples of your choice. I did not know of this feature.
Old 23rd March 2024, 19:45   #279
BHPian

Sadly i have no option to do same in Delhi because of NGT. my alto still runs fine .
Old 23rd March 2024, 22:09   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Sadly i have no option to do same in Delhi because of NGT. my alto still runs fine .
NGT = Nothing Green is Tolerated.

You bought a car which was manufactured using lot of invaluable resources extracted from the earth. Now you will have to dump the perfectly working car, most of the resources are wasted.

You will have to buy new car just to add some profits in the pockets of some automobile company feeding the govt. That new car will be manufactured using some materials produced out of the invaluable resources extracted from the mother earth.

The cycle of the aimless consumption goes on, and will worsen with he EVs which are use and throw right from the beginning, similar like mobile phones which we are forced to replace once the battery goes dead.

There is no policy on the universal compatibility of batteries word wide by any govt.

No place for anything green, thus the above definition of NGT is apt.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 23rd March 2024 at 22:10.
Old 27th March 2024, 10:35   #281
BHPian

My Activa 15 year renewal comes up next year. While checking I found out mobile number is not updated.

Mobile number cannot be updated online with Aadhar, as the name is aadhar card and RC name does not match exactly.

Do I need to visit the RTO to update this? What forms are needed to submit?
Old 30th March 2024, 04:50   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Paid around 63K for renewing the registration of 2007 Honda Civic last year.
Can you please share a detailed break-up of this? The renewal of my SX4 is coming up.

Also can it be done from a different district witihin the same state? I stay in Ranchi (JH-01) but the car is registered in Jamshedpur (JH-05)
Old 30th March 2024, 08:03   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTOR-MIKE View Post
Can you please share a detailed break-up of this? The renewal of my SX4 is coming up.

Also can it be done from a different district witihin the same state? I stay in Ranchi (JH-01) but the car is registered in Jamshedpur (JH-05)
Will search the detailed challan. But 2 major heads: Renewal of registration was Rs. 5K and some Rs. 55-56K was road tax. Balance was under miscellaneous heads like fitness inspection, clerical charges, RC printing, etc. in all, you’ll have to pay about 6% of your invoice value for renewal. New vehicle road tax is 9% in JH and not 6% as the internet suggests.

You will have to visit the RTO or employ any agent if you can’t be physically present. But you’ll need to take your vehicle to MVI for physical inspection.
Old 9th April 2024, 12:37   #284
BHPian

So finally my patience and perseverance paid off. After 4 visits to RTA, the current status is RC sent for printing.
First day went for renewal will all documents, and carrying pencil and sharpener. After waiting for 2 hours the inspector found that my RC has mentioned 5 seater where as it should be 8 seater.

Thankfully I had proof from my initial tax payment receipt that it was mentioned 8 seater and somewhere down the line it was messed up by the department. So they agreed for data correction along with the RC Renewal. But that put the file in a different route. I followed up after 1 week and the data correction person was not there that day.

Repeat visit after another week got me to the data correction person and he updated the same from 5 to 8 in a few clicks and then handing me the file to take it to the inspector again for completing approval. I got it done in a few mins, shuttling between 2 rooms, and then depositing it back to the counter for further process. But now the status is showing pending approval.

I wait for another week and no change in status so again visited yesterday to find my file has gone to the pending pile. Therefore, I again asked the counter to hand me over the file and what is pending. After 2 rounds of data correction confirmation and approval, finally the status is RC Printing. Hope now I will get it through post this time around in a week.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th April 2024 at 13:06. Reason: para space added for better reading
sudipta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 13:11   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post

Rc renewal at 20 years

I recently got the RC renewed for my 2004 Hyundai Accent Gle petrol. Very straight forward process if all your papers are good and car is in good condition.
That's a piece of very good news indeed. I've to do the same now for my 2004 Chevrolet Optra.

I'll make a trip to Dehradun RTO tomorrow.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks