Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2023, 07:40   #226
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_thenomad View Post
Finally, I just tried my luck and went to Talera Ford in Pune. They said we can take a chance for the claim but can’t guarantee it.
Left my car and was waiting to hear back from them, finally, I got a call from ICICI Lombard that the inspection has been done and work will start now.
You got lucky. For all my claims, I remember providing a vehicle registration copy and driving license before the surveyor accepts the claim.
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:05   #227

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Yeah I agree. Actually they did ask the copy and the Driver’s license, I provided the old Registration Certificate and was waiting in anticipation that I
will get a call that the insurance has been denied.
But it just flew.

Now I am curious that what exactly is the policy, and below are 3 scenarios .
  1. Valid RC is mandatory.
  2. Only valid insurance is enough.
  3. Or is it up to them to call the shots.

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2024 at 19:04.
Aj_thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 17:59   #228
BHPian

Quick question:
Is it mandatory that we submit application for FC renewal at the same RTO where vehicle was registered/re-registered?
My vehicle was registered at KA53 (KR Puram). But, I live close by KA03 (Kasturinagar). Can I get the FC renewal done at Kasturinagar? Is that allowed? Or, can that be a reason for rejection of application?

Regards
Rex
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:10   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Quick question:
Is it mandatory that we submit application for FC renewal at the same RTO where vehicle was registered/re-registered?
Apply for FC renewal and address change at KA53 RTO. Fitness test will happen at the RTO the car is registered in

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2024 at 19:05.
Old 8th September 2023, 15:52   #230
BHPian

Hello all, I got the registration renewed of my Ambassador Mark 4 today so sharing the process involved. The car is registered in Alipore RTO, Kolkata, went to the rto premises and bought Form No 25 and a plastic pouch to attach the rc , duly filled up the form and attached xerox copy of rc, insurance, puc and tax token with it along with the original rc in front put in the pouch. Headed to the cash counter and on giving the person the documents he gave me a print out of the copy of disclaimer which is required to initiate the process.

Attaching the disclaimer to the existing set of documents went with the car and parked it in the field where cars were being inspected, it was mostly bikes and autos and after sometime a person approached me and took the set of papers and did the pencil tracing of the chasis number on the disclaimer and handed it back to me again. Following a wait of another ten minutes or so i was called to bring the car forward and the inspector checked the chasis numbers and after enquiring who owned the car, was asked to leave.

The car was presented yesterday, and today I went back and asked the officer who inspected the car where I could get the set of the papers which he took after inspection yesterday, he pointed out to a person from whom collected the set of papers and headed to the room of MVI Technical, the person there immediately took notice of me and enquired what I was there for, told him that the file needed to be entered into the system, and he took the file and got it done and asked me to go and deposit the fees.
The fee came to 6240. 5040 renewal of registration charges, 1000 fine for two months and 200 smart card charges, after depositing with the receipt again headed back to MVI Technicals room and gave him the file again with the receipt and entered it into the system and signed on the receipt and asked me to head to ARTO's room to get it updated. The ARTO was also very courteous,he took the file and asked me to wait outside and after 5 mins was called back in and after asking few questions about the car and it's ownership got the registration renewed for 5 years upto 2028. The smart card rc book will be delivered at home via post .
Babyhindusthan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 16:15   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Apply for FC renewal and address change at KA53 RTO. Fitness test will happen at the RTO the car is registered in
Thanks, boniver.

Is there a grace period for FC renewal? Have been traveling and just got back today. Wanted to know if we have a week or so to close this.

Regards
Rex
Old 21st September 2023, 16:39   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Is there a grace period for FC renewal? Have been traveling and just got back today. Wanted to know if we have a week or so to close this.
If the registration has already expired, there will be a monthly late fine levied depending on when you get the FC done. I'm not aware of the late fines in KA now (should not be more than 500-1000 per month). Get it done at the earliest to avoid the fines from piling up.

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2024 at 19:05. Reason: trimmed quoted post
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:30   #233
BHPian

Folks,

While trying to initiate FC Renewal on Parivahan portal I get a message that mobile number is not updated.
While trying to update mobile number via the Online Services option, when I click verify after entering all the details (registration, chassis, engine, date of reg, expriry of reg, Aadhar card, phone number), it says 'Please try after some time.'. Seeing this message from yesterday.

Anybody faced this issue? If so, any workaround?

Regards
Rex
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:32   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
Hi akj53, any chance you're planning to sell your Altis? I'd be interested in buying and I'm in Noida as well. Please let me know. Thanks!
Hello NorthernStar I am returning next month. So lets finalize this. Please dm me your contact details.

akj53

Last edited by akj53 : 23rd September 2023 at 10:35. Reason: correction
Old 19th October 2023, 10:39   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
Hi akj53, any chance you're planning to sell your Altis? I'd be interested in buying and I'm in Noida as well. Please let me know. Thanks!
Hello

I have returned to India and can now resume our deal. I seem to have misplaced your number so can you please call me on 9811850001 so that we can proceed further

Arvind Jain
Old 6th December 2023, 10:55   #236
BHPian

Anyone here who has done a 20 year old renewal? I would like to know what are my chances, though it is still more than one year away for me.

Last edited by fordday : 6th December 2023 at 10:55. Reason: typo
Old 7th December 2023, 06:56   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Anyone here who has done a 20 year old renewal? I would like to know what are my chances, though it is still more than one year away for me.
Yes. Last year, our 2001 Alto had it's second renewal of fitness certificate at Jayanagar RTO. Nothing significant, it went as usual as the first.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 12:22   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Yup. my old Zen is running in its 20th year currently. Got it renewed in January 2023 for the second time. Nothing different than the last time except the cost which went from 2.5K in 2018 to 22K in 2023; but that's our Ranchi RTO. Cost structure is different for all states.

I have shared it here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5558540 (A Tribute to my Dad - Maruti Zen Restoration)

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 7th December 2023 at 12:23.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 22:14   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Yup. my old Zen is running in its 20th year currently. Got it renewed in January 2023 for the second time.
22 Grand is a huge price for a car that small(even though precious to the family). I wonder how much the higher segment cars from the past would cost during the second renewal.

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2024 at 19:06.
exhaustbreather is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:15   #240
BHPian

Guys, what would be the total cost of RC renewal for ALTIS Petrol vehicle ?
What is the road tax in Mumbai for the same ?

Agents have quoted around 15-16 K but on M Parivahan it shows only around 4 k.

Is there something more to be paid(Like Road Tax) once the Inspection is successful ?

Last edited by goenkakushal : 4th January 2024 at 16:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks