Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2022, 16:01   #121

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Only 'Fees' and 'Entry' items are showing completed, 'Verify' is showing not started. Wondering if I have to visit RTO again to make the file moving.
Please share if you see your status is progressing in the parivahan page.
Did you get any update on your RC renewal application status. No one is picking the RTO phone number or replying to email.
Old 10th September 2022, 12:53   #122
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsriram View Post
Did you get any update on your RC renewal application status. No one is picking the RTO phone number or replying to email.
No update on the status. Given the speed at which govt offices work, I will try after a month from my submission date. May be I will pay a visit to RTO again if call does not go through.
bivision is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 21:44   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Some progress happened in my RC status now, that happened in last two days. All Actions now marked completed except 'Approve', which is still showing as 'not started'.
Old 20th September 2022, 13:13   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Some progress happened in my RC status now, that happened in last two days. All Actions now marked completed except 'Approve', which is still showing as 'not started'.
Same case here. Inspection completed was updated on the day of the inspection and after 28 days/4 weeks, the status is updated as "Verify Complete. However, it still shows "Approve : Not Started". After approval, the renewed RC has to go for printing and then postal dispatch.
When I went to RTO for inquiring about the RC status two weeks back, one broker told me that it will take 45 days to receive the RC (by post) and the person at the RTO counter told me to wait for 30 days before inquiring about the application status.
jsriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 13:17   #125
BHPian

Is FC fitness certificate? And is it required for renewal of RC. If so , how to go about it.
Old 21st September 2022, 19:41   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Is FC fitness certificate? And is it required for renewal of RC. If so , how to go about it.
FC is Fitness Check. There is only one application from Form 25 (optionally form 33 if address update is needed), which will be certified/signed by inspecting officer after doing fitness check.

You may follow the procedures detailed in threads #2, 3, 4 etc that covers all the steps.
Old 25th September 2022, 16:47   #127
BHPian

Greetings BHP'ians,
I'm currently looking to purchase a second hand SUV in Punjab near PB65 RTO (probably a 2008-2009 Scorpio/Safari) and the dilemma is that most of them have their RCs expiring in 2023.
1. If the car is in perfect mechanical condition, what is the approx total cost involved for renewal of an RC of a private 4 wheeler here? Also, how much time before the RC expires, can I start the process of renewal?
Old 26th September 2022, 15:53   #128

Quote:
Same case here. Inspection completed was updated on the day of the inspection and after 28 days/4 weeks, the status is updated as "Verify Complete. However, it still shows "Approve : Not Started".
RC got approved today after 5 weeks. There is no further way to check the application status after this. The RC/Smart card print status showed "Not Available". I tried to check if RC is renewed by choosing the "Print RC" option. It had a check box that after printing the RC, user will not request it from dealer/RTO. I selected the checkbox but did not request the OTP for printing/downloading the RC. Now the RC print status shows "RC printed on <date> by user xxxx". Not sure what it means.

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th September 2022 at 14:11. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 27th September 2022, 00:23   #129

Greetings dear BHP'ians,

I have a question and hope to get answers or help. I want to renew my bike (14years old) registration in Bangalore but the bike is DL registered. What's the procedure to get it registered in Bangalore. Do I need to get NOC from Delhi and then re-register it again in Bangalore? Or shall I wait for it to complete 15 years and then get it registered in Bangalore...

Don't want to sell or scrap the bike as its just 20k on the ODO...

Any suggestions will be helpful

Thanks!
Old 27th September 2022, 11:54   #130
BHPian

RC renewal application stuck

I would like to know if you have any suggestions here.
My Alto RC renewal was due. I contacted an RTO agent and applied thru them. On 23-Aug-22 I went for vehicle check at Pune RTO. The inspection went well. There were no issues and agent also said all is ok.

More than 3 week went by but the application did not get updated online. RTO agent followed up and informed me that the inspector forgot to sign the form hence it’s stuck. He has been reminded by the agent but I am not much hopeful now.

Now it’s more than a month gone and there’s no sign of any progress.
agent is saying he is again checking with the RTO.
Is there anything I can do here? If for some reasons inspector wants money (already agent has been paid well) he is even not saying anything! I don’t understand what the goofup is !! I am stunned.
Old 29th September 2022, 13:19   #131

Re: RC renewal application stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin93 View Post
I would like to know if you have any suggestions here.
On 23-Aug-22 I went for vehicle check at Pune RTO. The inspection went well. There were no issues and agent also said all is ok.
RTO agent followed up and informed me that the inspector forgot to sign the form hence it’s stuck. He has been reminded by the agent but I am not much hopeful now.

You should ask the RTO agent to solve this. In the first place, RTO agent should have ensured that the MVI's signature is there on the application. Now, if it has been missed for some reason then he can get the signature again or check the next step with the MVI. The agent would be interacting with the MVI everyday as that is his profession. So, it should not e difficult for the agent to find a solution/resolution. If you have to break your head on all this then what is the use of going thorough the agent.

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th September 2022 at 14:12. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Old 29th September 2022, 15:31   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_DRIFTER View Post
Greetings BHP'ians,
I'm currently looking to purchase a second hand SUV in Punjab near PB65 RTO (probably a 2008-2009 Scorpio/Safari) and the dilemma is that most of them have their RCs expiring in 2023.
You can start the renewal process 60 days before RC expiry. From April-2024, cars more than 15 years old will have to undergo automated Fitness check and cars more than 20 years old would be mandatorily scrapped. So, it is better that you renew the RC much before April-2024. The total official cost for RC renewal would be approximately Rs 2500 + Any road tax + Green tax (rules and amount for Road and Green tax vary from state to state and you may check for your state).
jsriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 14:44   #133

Quote:
I submitted my RC renewal application at KA-03 RTO. I followed the following steps:
Now waiting to receive the renewed RC. Hope this helps.
I got my renewed RC by post. It took 45 days (approximately) after the car inspection to get the RC. I would like to add a few more things to my previous post:

1. Earlier, I checked online status and found that my application got approved. I wanted to check the "Tax valid upto" status for the renewed RC as I had read in some earlier posts that the Tax is not updated if the RC renewal application is submitted online. On parivahan website, I went to download documents--> Print RC. Here, a checkbox comes with message "I understand that after taking RC print from this portal, I will not claim it from RTO/Dealer". I was not sure and clicked the checkbox. Next it asked to generate OTP but I did not proceed further as I was not sure if after requesting OTP, RTO may not send the smart card. However, later I saw that the application status mentioned "RC printed on <date> by user <phone number>".

2. After 2 days of RC approval, I downloaded mparivahan app to view the RC. In the downloaded RC, I found that the "Tax valid upto" was not updated. It showed "Tax valid Upto" till 2022 while "Fitness Valid upto" was till 2027.

3. I went to KA03 RTO the next day with the application details and mparivahan screenshot and got the Tax info updated. It took less than 5 minutes and I verified the tax status on mparivahan there itself. On enquiring about the smart card printing status, the lady at the counter informed me that since I already printed the RC so the RTO will not provide it. When I protested, she asked me to go to counter 19 where the person repeated the same thing. I mentioned that even if I have printed the RC but I have paid for smart card (Rs 200/-) so I should get it. Then, the person at the counter asked his assistant if RTO was providing paper RC or smart card and the assistant mentioned smart card. So, he mentioned that I will get the smart card after 2 weeks by post. I asked him if the SC (smart card) was already printed (since the tax info would be incorrect if the sc was already printed) to which he replied that due to backlog and limited Smart card printing capacity, it will take time to print the SC.

4. Within 5 days of my RTO visit, I got the smart card delivered to my address by post but the tax valid still shows as 2022 in the smart card. Maybe the SC was printed before the Tax info was updated in the system.

Learning:
a. After the vehicle inspection is passed by the MVI, you can check the tax status online on parivahan website under Services-->Additional services -->Know your vehicle details (Please give space before the last 5 digits of engine & chasis number else it will not display the details). Here you can download your vehicle history report and check the "Tax Clear" table. If "Tax Clear to" column is not reflecting the correct date then you can ask the RTO counter to update it correctly then and there itself (saving you an additional RTO trip).

b. After your RC application is approved, you can download the RC using the mparivahan app and verify if all the details are correct. If not, then visit the RTO at the earliest for getting them rectified.

c. Do NOT use the Download Document --> Print Registration Certificate option till you get the Smart Card in your hands as in some cases the RTO may not issue the paper RC or the Smart Card if you have printed the RC yourself.

d. The virtual RC in mparivahan is legally valid so you can use it incase of any issues in receiving the SC with correct details.

e. Please contact the helpline number for the different RTO's listed on. I think it surely helps to speed up the RC issue and may help you to avoid visiting the RTO physically. https://transport.karnataka.gov.in/p...rt+officers/en

Hope this information is useful.
jsriram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 13:52   #134
BHPian

Hey, there is a Alto Feb-2008 registered in Delhi in my family. They are thinking about getting it transferred to Uttarakhand because of dumb NGT rule in Delhi. It is in amazing condition driven only 70500km so i am sure it will pass fitness check. I am enquiring about the cost of transfer from Delhi to Uttarakhand including tax etc. I asked an agent about it and he was quoting 55k, which is too much. Maruti is quoting around 25k for the exchange. So, i was wondering if it is better to get it transferred or exchange it? Also, if it gets transferred, they are planning to keep it for atleast 3 years.
Old 10th October 2022, 14:02   #135
BHPian

Fitness certificate after 15 years

Hi,
I am in process of RC renewal of my Alto which has now completed 15 years. In todays local newspaper there's an article about mandatory fitness certificate for vehicles after 15 years.
It's unclear if it's for private personal vehicles or commercial vehicles.
My agent said such news keeps coming but ignore.
Does anyone have any idea if in Maharashtra FC is mandatory after 15 years for Private vehicles?
Or is the inspection done at the time of RC renewal for private vehicles cover FC?
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks