Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2022, 19:37   #166
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Hi, my dad went to the KA03 RTO to get to know the procedure of renewing the RC on his 07' Maruti Versa, he also spoke to an agent and this is what he said:

a.Window tint needs to be removed even if it is clear tint.
b.Plates need to be changed to the HSRP ones
c.Extra light bar needs to be removed.
d.As the car is an 8 seater, it is apparently registered as a transport vehicle and some other tax needs to be paid for that as well?
e. Total cost if we were to do it through an agent is around 10-15k

Requesting BHPians to provide some clarity on point d and if gone through a recent RC renewal, please let us know about the exact procedure.

Thanks in advance
Old 27th November 2022, 02:13   #167
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

I am returning to this thread after a while with more disappointment. In Aug-22 thru a car driving school I applied for my Alto’s RC Renewal. For over 2 months nothing happened. The status online never changed. The agent kept on fooling me around. After more than 2.5 months after I escalated the matter to the driving school owner they admitted that the application has been lost at the RTO. Who lost the application no one comments but along with the submitted original expired RC the entire application is lost.
Fortunately I have all receipts of online payments.

He took all my docs again and re-applied against the same original application number. This time declaring it as request for duplicate RC. I additionally (for no fault of my own) paid misc charges as 1500 and again went to Pune RTO for inspection one more time.

This happened in first week of Nov-22. The same day application was Inspected and Verified in the system.

But now despite nearly 3 weeks gone by it’s not APPROVED at all. See the attached screenshot.

I am again worried. Every time I talk to agent he says your application is not in Objection list which as good and it will be processed. My luck is so lousy that RC renewal is just not happening for me despite now 4 months wasted since I started this activity in First week of Aug-22. Whereas for others it just happens in 10 – 15 days overall.

I am also suspicious of the driving school workings. Later if Mods permit I will disclose the name of the agent/driving school once all this issue is over, so that others can be careful.
Attached Thumbnails
Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-alto.png  

ravin93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 11:24   #168
BHPian

With reference to my above observation and experience, is there any way I can file a complaint against the RTO? If so where and how?
Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 19:51   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin93 View Post
I am returning to this thread after a while with more disappointment. In Aug-22 thru a car driving school I applied for my Alto’s RC Renewal.

This happened in first week of Nov-22. The same day application was Inspected and Verified in the system.

But now despite nearly 3 weeks gone by it’s not APPROVED at all. See the attached screenshot.

I am also suspicious of the driving school workings. Later if Mods permit I will disclose the name of the agent/driving school once all this issue is over, so that others can be careful.
I had got my car inspected, through agent, for change of colour (BT1 form) in April end. This got stuck in the software and we took over 4 months in escalating it to National Informatics Centre to get the whole thing cancelled. By this time my 15 years registration had expired and so we then applied for renewal. I had to personally go to the inspection centre, along with the agent, to explain things to the RTO inspector. Mind you I had to pay a delay fine of Rs. 1000 for no fault of mine. This time everything went through properly and in about 50 days I got the RC in my hand.

I have now applied for the change of color and the application is showing as "verified". Approval generally takes between 15-25 days after verification.
Pune RTO is overloaded and it is a matter of patience. You can start getting worked up only after 45 days. Do not increase your Blood Pressure before that. Agents are a must to move things through the system. And inspite of all their efforts things do go wrong quite often.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 08:54   #170
BHPian

I had noted down a few other vehicle numbers for my reference when I was at Pune RTO for inspection. They all have moved to INSPECTED VERIFIED and APPROVED within 3 - 4 days timeline. Fortunately you can simply check the application status by entering registration number and captcha. No mobile OTP is needed.

My biggest worry is possibility that application getting lost one more time and no one taking responsibility for it. Neither the agent nor the RTO.

Agent needs to take proactive measures but he is just giving me cold assurance. Same thing he did from Aug thru Oct. But the fact was that the documents were lost.
Thank you for your reply. It's certainly comforting.
Old 3rd December 2022, 14:15   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Sharing my experience of renewing my 2005 Octavia yesterday at KA51 RTO.
Does the same procedure apply to Bikes too?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Last edited by libranof1987 : 30th December 2022 at 12:44. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 3rd December 2022, 14:48   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM-4 View Post
Does the same procedure apply to Bikes too?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
I think it should be same, though not tried.

Offtopic: Are you IRFCAn ?
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 15:36   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
I think it should be same, though not tried.

Offtopic: Are you IRFCAn ?
Thanks.
Yes. I'm an IRFCAn My user ID in the IRFCA forum is also the same!
Are you an IRFCAn too?
Old 3rd December 2022, 18:46   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
I have now applied for the change of color and the application is showing as "verified". Approval generally takes between 15-25 days after verification.
Lucky me. The vehicle inspection verification was entered in the system on 25th. November. Approval has been entered on 2nd. December. Now i have to wait a couple of weeks to receive the physical RC.
I guess they clear the paper-work in batches whenever they get time.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 15:49   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Lucky me. The vehicle inspection verification was entered in the system on 25th. November. Approval has been entered on 2nd. December. Now i have to wait a couple of weeks to receive the physical RC.
I guess they clear the paper-work in batches whenever they get time.
Well I do not consider you lucky. This is expected performance. It takes not more than 8 - 10 days to change the status. I have checked a number of application status online in sequence and all have moved to Approved within 8 - 10 days.
Mine is pending for over a month and there's a unexplained issue with my application which neither RTO nor agent are accepting. This has happened second time in a row now. Since Aug-22 my RC renewal has not happened despite me doing everything correctly. I think my applications is again lost in RTO
Consulting a competent lawyer and going by their advice is the only solution now for me. Then if lawyer says let's file a police complaint or RTI or whatever it takes, so be it, I will do it now.
Old 5th December 2022, 16:15   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Lucky me. The vehicle inspection verification was entered in the system on 25th. November.
On what date did you pay the Green Tax & other fees before the verification?
Old 9th December 2022, 09:36   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
On what date did you pay the Green Tax & other fees before the verification?
This was only for modification. Fees were paid on 22nd november and inspection was on 25th.
Old 21st December 2022, 16:51   #178
BHPian

Well let me pen down my experience in getting the registration renewed for my Honda City. Well since in the NCR there is no provision of extending the registration after 15 years. As my car was registered in Dec 2007 so I took up this activity from Aug 2022, NOC was issued in Sep 2022, was finally able to take my vehicle for inspection in Nov 2022 and now everything is done.

Step-1. I got an NOC (through an agent) cost approx 2500/-. Just needed to etch the Chassis No. and sign on the Form provided and courier the same to him. After following up for some time I got the news that the NOC was issued.

After getting an NOC again utilised the services of an agent for i) transfer of RC from Gurgaon to Prayagraj, ii) Get the registration renewed for further 5 years. Total Cost was around 40k which included 33k towards various fees. As I was on some other duties so could not register within the given period so I had to pay a penalty of around 3k. Major were road tax (one time tax), green tax, change of address, renewal of registration, affixing of registration mark, HRSP plates,etc.

Step 2. I took the car to the RTO office in Nov 2022 for inspection and in a few days I received sms from Vaahan regarding the fees deposit. After 2-3 days I could download my brand new registration certificate. This was till the original validity. Followed up with the agent who then after some prodding from my side then again in a day or two had got the renewal of the Registration mark printed on the RC. I had used the Vaahan app and this change got updated in the virtual RC automatically. (I did not have to take the vehicle to the RTO for the 2nd time)

Step 3. I sent the car to the Honda dealer for affixing my HSRP plates which had arrived by this time. Got it done and now I am good for another 5 years.
Luke1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 13:02   #179
Jun

As stated else where in this thread, the Indiranagar / Kasturinagar RTO (KA03) is a cash cow for the inspectors / officers there. I recently went to get the FC done of my 15 year old car, through an agent.

The agent mentioned to me that the inspector makes notations like A, B, C, D, through to J, which are INR 100 increments for non-compliance. These non-compliance is for changes from RC like affixing alloy rims, tinted film, colour change from RC, rust, etc.

Inspectors at other RTOs (KA 01, 02, 04, 05) apparently use A, B, C, D, etc., however the KA03 inspector only uses J (INR 1,000), even for the most minor infarction.

I was made to pay for using alloy wheels on my car, stating that I have changed the wheels / rims to a ZXi model even though it is a VXi model.

Any one else had a similar experience?
Old 30th December 2022, 11:26   #180
BHPian

Has anyone been able to renew the fitness certificate of their car in Delhi? I tried to do so through the Vahan online portal, however, it doesn't permit for Non-transport vehicles.

Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-scr20221230fkj.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks