Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2022, 08:54   #181
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun View Post
As stated else where in this thread, the Indiranagar / Kasturinagar RTO (KA03) is a cash cow for the inspectors / officers there. I recently went to get the FC done of my 15 year old car, through an agent.

The agent mentioned to me that the inspector makes notations like A, B, C, D, through to J, which are INR 100 increments for non-compliance. These non-compliance is for changes from RC like affixing alloy rims, tinted film, colour change from RC, rust, etc.

Inspectors at other RTOs (KA 01, 02, 04, 05) apparently use A, B, C, D, etc., however the KA03 inspector only uses J (INR 1,000), even for the most minor infarction.

I was made to pay for using alloy wheels on my car, stating that I have changed the wheels / rims to a ZXi model even though it is a VXi model.

Any one else had a similar experience?
My father did not get fined for it, but he did have to remove all of his sun film even if it wasn't dark or anything in front of the inspector. Although his whole experience was something else altogether, he was made to run across the RTO to different counters and had to ask the inspector to come to check the car twice, and asked two different people as well. The starting was fast but he had to wait for atleast 3 hours until an inspector finally came to check the car.

This was at the KA03 RTO. We have still not received the smart card but we did get a printout of the RC, don't know what the deal is with that. Very frustrating
Old 2nd January 2023, 10:09   #182
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

My bike's RC has expired & I'm looking to renew it. But the problem is, it's a 2002 model & I have the paper-book RC, and the vehicle details aren't uploaded in Vahan database.

In order to renew the RC, the first thing I'll have to do is to add the vehicle details in the Vahan database. I contacted an agent from my hometown (where the vehicle was last transferred). It's been over a month, he hasn't been able to get it done - as per him, the portal is down for some upgrades.

Does anyone know if it's possible to add the vehicle details ourselves (DIY)? If not, what's the procedure (I think the agent is procrastinating, that's why).

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th January 2023, 12:16   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting this status after paying tax amount

I want to renew the registration of my Bike which will turn 15 years in another 2 weeks. I went to KA02 RTO and got the mobile number linked.

I logged into Vahan and paid the amount yesterday by Credit card. Now when I log in again for the next steps, I get this pop up. What to do?

Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-vahan-error.png
Old 5th January 2023, 13:48   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Getting this status after paying tax amount

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I want to renew the registration of my Bike which will turn 15 years in another 2 weeks. I went to KA02 RTO and got the mobile number linked.

I logged into Vahan and paid the amount yesterday by Credit card. Now when I log in again for the next steps, I get this pop up. What to do?
Apparently, it takes a couple of working days for the 'Khazana' of the transport department to acknowledge the transaction.

I clicked on the verify transaction today morning and it took me to a page where there was an option to re-verify. I entered the requested details, and the verification went through, and I got the Form 25.

Now, I should take the print out of the forms and visit the RTO for physical verification. Will update here on the process once I complete.

A tip, do the Vahan transactions during offline hours - Before 10 AM or after 6PM, or on public/weekly holidays. During the RTO working hours, the website is painfully slow and times out sometimes.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 5th January 2023 at 14:06.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 10:18   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like KA02 - Rajajinagar - RTO does not allow the registration to be renewed until it is expired.

I went through all the process, got the inspection done. Only to be told that there is still 3 weeks for the 15 years to be completed and they can do the renewal only after expiry. This, they attributed to some issue in the backend.

Feels so frustrating!
Old 9th January 2023, 10:42   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Looks like KA02 - Rajajinagar - RTO does not allow the registration to be renewed until it is expired.

I went through all the process, got the inspection done. Only to be told that there is still 3 weeks for the 15 years to be completed and they can do the renewal only after expiry. This, they attributed to some issue in the backend.

Feels so frustrating!
I did my renewal at KA02 in March 2023 with expiry in April 2023 through broker since I was not residing in Bengaluru at that time. Looks like they keep changing rules to suit themselves. They also collected charges for smartcard but issued a paper printout.

My DL renewal at 50 was different, they asked me to come after expiry, even though all fees was collected online.

Last edited by rrswift : 9th January 2023 at 10:44. Reason: added more relevant info
Old 9th January 2023, 10:55   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrswift View Post
I did my renewal at KA02 in March 2023 with expiry in April 2023 through broker since I was not residing in Bengaluru at that time. Looks like they keep changing rules to suit themselves. They also collected charges for smartcard but issued a paper printout.

They are aware of this problem and blamed the 'backend' for the issues. One can renew the fitness from 60 days before expiry. Now I need to visit them again for a re-inspection and further steps.
Old 13th January 2023, 20:58   #188
Senior - BHPian

Can we renew the fitness certificate after 20 years of vehicle registration? I had got an FC done once and it is expiring in March 2023 and thought to check if it can be renewed again or is it compulsory scrap after 20 years?
Old 13th January 2023, 21:17   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Can we renew the fitness certificate after 20 years of vehicle registration? I had got an FC done once and it is expiring in March 2023 and thought to check if it can be renewed again or is it compulsory scrap after 20 years?
Can definitely be renewed
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 11:42   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Last year, we renewed the fitness certificate of our 2001 Alto LX in KA05, Jayanagar. May be, they have some restrictions for diesel vehicles.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 14:28   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrswift View Post
Did you finally get the smart card in the end or are you still stuck with the paper rc? My dad first got the paper rc, but the smart card was already paid for and it took quite a while to come, but it finally did a week ago.

I think if you go back to the RTO asking for the card they might help you with it, but as we already know it will be a pain to actually get it in the end.

Last edited by CzechItaliaMoto : 14th January 2023 at 14:29.
Old 14th January 2023, 18:51   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto View Post
Did you finally get the smart card in the end or are you still stuck with the paper rc?
I have not received the smart card yet. Will check with RTO if they have any intention to issue smart card.
rrswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 17:34   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin93 View Post
With reference to my above observation and experience, is there any way I can file a complaint against the RTO? If so where and how?
Thanks
After more than 6 months since the application and 2 RTO visits finally my RC renewal application has been approved.

All others got it approved in less than 8 - 10 days. I don't know why it has taken so long in my case. The agent had to literally run around to each officers desk carrying my application and finally the last officer responsible for approval did it recently.

The digital copy of my renewed RC is now available on digilocker.
Finally it's done.
Old 19th January 2023, 20:28   #194
BHPian

For Kolkata (and West Bengal at large), is the current rule of having vehicle age of 20 yrs? Sometime back there was a news about scrapping of all 15 year old vehicles, but I may be wrong. Can someone please enlighten the WB scene here?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/89694147.cms
Old 23rd January 2023, 09:01   #195

Hello,
I’m looking to purchase a pre-worshipped 2014 VW Jetta with a DL registration.
The motor vehicle department de-registered such cars in 2022, is there likelihood of such a thing repeated in the coming years?
I would also like to know what is the procedure of re-registration of such a car and how much would it cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks