Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2024, 16:20   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaustbreather View Post
22 Grand is a huge price for a car that small(even though precious to the family). I wonder how much the higher segment cars from the past would cost during the second renewal.
Paid around 63K for renewing the registration of 2007 Honda Civic last year.
Old 20th January 2024, 14:22   #242

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

I renewed my two-wheeler RC on my own(without an agent) today at KA 01 RTO.

In the RTO, they did not give me an acknowledgment; after the due process, they asked me to leave the file at a desk. In the Parivahan portal, the "Verify" status is shown as "NOT STARTED."

Do I need to do anything now or did I miss a step at the RTO?

Attachment 2561429
Attached Thumbnails
Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-rcstatus.png  

Old 20th January 2024, 20:55   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhirama View Post

In the RTO, they did not give me an acknowledgment; after the due process, they asked me to leave the file at a desk. In the Parivahan portal, the "Verify" status is shown as "NOT STARTED."

Do I need to do anything now or did I miss a step at the RTO?
Congratulations, abhirama. Way to go.

You don't have to do anything now. It will take sometime, 'times upto few weeks to get all the line items updated with latest status. Give it a month or so in the worst case.

Regards
Rex

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2024 at 19:06. Reason: removed dead link from quoted post
rex_varghese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 21:04   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Guys, what would be the total cost of RC renewal for ALTIS Petrol vehicle ?
What is the road tax in Mumbai for the same ?

Agents have quoted around 15-16 K but on M Parivahan it shows only around 4 k.

Is there something more to be paid(Like Road Tax) once the Inspection is successful ?
Did you manage to get it done? I too have two Altis’s that registration has expired this month
Old 20th January 2024, 21:05   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Paid around 63K for renewing the registration of 2007 Honda Civic last year.
63k is quite steep if it was just RRC work. But then, there is no standard or even a reference rate here, I fear. It all depends on the state/RTO/agent, etc.

I got mine (Altis) done through an agent for 13.5k last October. The actual fees and other items paid to RTO was Rs. 7812/- including fine of Rs. 1050/-.

I always did my RTO work by myself. But, for this car I had an issue with Mobile number update and I was not able to get that done online. I had to make a business travel in the meantime and could not spend time for sorting it out by myself. So, engaged an agent who collected the documents from my home and fixed an appointment for inspection. And RRC came home via post in around 6 weeks time.

Regards
Rex
Old 20th January 2024, 21:11   #246
BHPian

Folks, quick question.

My RX100 is due for it's 4th FC.
My mechanic was saying it needs both mirrors and saree guard to pass inspection.
I got last three RRC done by myself with only RH mirror. Not sure LH mirror is a new rule in KA.
I had a saree guard all the while, but removed it recently since it started rusting little bit.

Anybody can confirm it LH mirror an saree guard are mandatory accessories now?

Regards
Rex
Old 20th January 2024, 22:21   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
My mechanic was saying it needs both mirrors and saree guard to pass inspection.
Since the mirrors and the saree guard came as stock fitments on the bike, get all of them installed to avoid any complications during inspection.

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2024 at 19:07. Reason: trimmed quoted post
boniver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 13:46   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Did you manage to get it done? I too have two Altis’s that registration has expired this month
Ideally it has to be done within 60 days before expiry.

There may be a small penalty of Rs 500-1000 per month levied .

From what I understand, you can pay the renewal fee online on Vahan website. Once you have paid the fee they shall not levy further penalties.
After payment of fees you need to take vehicle for inspection.

My renewal process not yet done. I have applied for Hypothecation Termination and Address change, which is in process. Once this is done I shall proceed with RC renewal. I have time upto 2nd Feb 2024
Old 21st January 2024, 16:36   #249
BANNED

Quote:
From what I understand, you can pay the renewal fee online on Vahan website. Once you have paid the fee they shall not levy further penalties.
I don't think this is true. If a month more passes between the time you paid online & your visit for inspection, then you will have to pay the addition fine before they pass your vehicle.
Old 22nd January 2024, 00:21   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I don't think this is true. If a month more passes between the time you paid online & your visit for inspection, then you will have to pay the addition fine before they pass your vehicle.
I had spoken to the RTO officer. He gave me this idea to pay the fee and wait until my process of Hypothecation Termination and Address change is pending. May be he expected the pending jobs to be completed within a month of fee payment.

Status for my HT and Add change shows as Verified but waiting for approval. Once the approval is done I shall be able to pay the RC renewal fee online and then wait for the new updated RC card before visiting the RTO for inspection and revalidation of RC
Old 22nd January 2024, 05:22   #251
BANNED

Quote:
I had spoken to the RTO officer.
I actually had to pay the fine when I went to the RTO for inspection. There was a 3 month gap between my paying the original fees & when I went for the inspection.
Old 25th January 2024, 11:34   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, what would be the total cost of RC renewal for ALTIS Petrol vehicle ?
What is the road tax in Mumbai for the same ?

Agents have quoted around 15-16 K but on M Parivahan it shows only around 4 k.

Is there something more to be paid(Like Road Tax) once the Inspection is successful ?
I have successfully updated my Address and Terminated the Hypothecation.

I have now taken the first step for renewal of RC . Which is Fees payment from below link https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...Y2MjM3NGQ0OA==

Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-payment.jpg

Now I need to visit RTO for Inspection. Total cost Rs 5658/- for inspection and Smart Card printing etc. Green Tax of Rs 3000/- also has to be paid.

Hopefully the total cost will be Rs 8658/- (5658+3000) inspection, Smart card printing and Green tax included.

I shall update once its done.
Thanx

Last edited by goenkakushal : 25th January 2024 at 12:01.
Old 5th February 2024, 00:24   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhirama View Post
abhirama, did you pay the fees online or at the RTO counter?
I'm unable to make the fee payment online for last one week. The page times out every time.

Anybody facing this issue?

Regards
Rex

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2024 at 19:07. Reason: removed dead link from quoted post
Old 5th February 2024, 21:51   #254

I paid online.

There is a counter at the RTO for payment.

At the RTO, they were not ready to accept offline forms. The person insisted I apply online. I'm not sure whether you can apply online and pay offline.
Old 8th February 2024, 08:59   #255
Senior - BHPian

Due for a 20th year FC/re-registration for Baleno. Does anyone know the rates in Bangalore? With/without agent, and is that a relatively simple process currently?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks