Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 19:49   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I got the registration of my bike renewed at the 20 year mark yesterday at the Pune RTO.
One of my friends who had been to the RTO on the same day had a good experience even without an agent. He had paid all the fees online and then gone directly to the RTO with all the required documents in the morning. He presented the papers and the scooter to the RTO inspector. One of the indicators on his scooter was not working. The inspector noted it down in the form and asked him to get it repaired and come back. He got it repaired from a nearby mechanic, went back and his scooter passed the inspection.

If your car/bike is in good condition and if you have all the papers in order, you can go directly without going through any agent. I would recommend the person to go to the RTO office a few days in advance and note down all that is being checked for the category of vehicle that is being taken for the inspection and make sure the vehicle is ready in all aspects. As responsible drivers we should ensure our vehicles are in good condition for our own safety and the safety of other road users.
Old 19th July 2022, 22:55   #92
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Sharing my experience of renewing FC for 2005 Zen at KA-03 RTO. Also, you can use it as a to-do guide for KA-03, specifically and RTO in general.
Thanks for sharing the detailed steps. I am planning to renew RC of my 2007 Santro AT in RTO KA-03. I plan to give it a shot myself before trying through agents.

Is knowing Kannada a must requirement for interacting with the inspector and clerks or Hindi/English will work too?
Old 22nd July 2022, 14:33   #93

I finally got my RC. I had to reach out to https://ipgrs.karnataka.gov.in/ and called them at 1902. They registered my grievance and immediately solved it.

Just a point of note, keep the acknowledgment that you receive once you submit the documents handy (take a photograph of that) and also once the MV inspector approves your document - take a photograph of that, before submitting it at the counter. It could be a lifesaver !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani271 View Post
Thanks to the many gentleman who have posted their successes and ordeals in dealing with RTO, I have been able to apply for re-registering my vehicle.

This particular post (15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF))seemed that the process is quite easy.

However, the above one was in Jayanagar and I tried the same with Kasturi Nagar RTO.

Many of you would have already read this article of RC's and licenses being stuck at RTO.

After a month of submitting my documents, I am stuck at a new place. Yesterday, the status in Parivahan website states that "FIFO" - Fee Cancelled. If any of you have any information, it would be great to proceed with next step.

Attachment 2320905

Attachment 2320906

Incidentally I went to the RTO @ Kasturinagara, and the gentleman at counter 14 says that the process has changed and wait for 10 days for things to get your RC.

Of course, the process was without an agent.

Tried to meet the Additional RTO, he said talk to the superintendent @ counter 14.

If anyone has any clue or information, kindly post it as this would be really useful.

Needless to say , this was my second visit to RTO after successfully submitting the application.
mani271 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 07:43   #94

Did you actually have to pay this whopping 59K to renew the registration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Visited the RTO today and got a shock...
As per the officials, the invoice value will have to be recorded before the process of renewal begins. The tax will be approx 4.5% of the invoice value, plus 5000/- (the new registration renewal charge since Apr-22), plus 3-5K will be other charges including MVI inspection, RC printing, etc.

So, the Ex showroom price of the car as per invoice is Rs. 10,97,000/- which includes the state VAT of Rs. 1,22,000/-

4.5% of 10.97L= Rs. 49365/-
Add:
Registration renewal charge=Rs. 5000/-
Other charges= Rs. 5000/-

Total= 59,365/-

So, I am staring at a cost of Rs. 59365/- for renewing registration of a 15 year old car which is impeccably maintained. Leave alone being justified, is this even digestible? How does it compare to costs applicable in other states? Is any other state charging so much? Even states like KA renewal charges have been much lower as shared by members in this thread only.
My current registration is valid till 4th June.
Old 25th July 2022, 09:36   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmiata View Post
Did you actually have to pay this whopping 59K to renew the registration?
No. Actually I paid more than that. Rs. 62,149/- Total taxes were around Rs. 60,xxx and they take the money only through a debit or credit card. They charge an additional 2.8% over and above this amount, so I paid around 62,149/- plus Rs. 58/- (towards RC printing). The car has passed the fitness test but the new RC printing is still under process.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 14:02   #96
BHPian

RC renewal fees - Pune MH

Hi,
My 15 year old Alto is now due for RC renewal. While in principle I should scrap it but the fact that it's running ok makes me feel to go for renewal.

In Pune nearby rto agents like driving schools are charging about 12 to 14K for this activity.

What are the total taxes now due? Does anyone have any idea. I guess Green Tax about 3.5K and renewal fee is 5000? now?
That's what they are saying. If so 12 14K is justified as they will make some 4 - 5 K in between.
Your comments would be great. Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:11   #97
BHPian

Hi,
I have another question. I am unable to edit the thread#96 here
My renewed RC will be dispatched to the address where I longer stay. (Address update is also due but both cannot be done together)

The register post will return to the RTO office.
In that case later can I collect it from the RTO office by showing whatever receipt I will receive after RC renewal processing and may be my aadhar card for identity?
Pl. help. Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:36   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin93 View Post

The register post will return to the RTO office.
In that case later can I collect it from the RTO office by showing whatever receipt I will receive after RC renewal processing and may be my aadhar card for identity?
Pl. help. Thanks
keep checking the Vahan website to see if the RC is printed for the vehicle. If it has been printed , take the receipt of the Renewal slip and ask them to hand over the RC to you right there. They will ask you to enter your details and sign it in a book for their reference that it's handed over and will take your receipt. I have done it multiple times here in udupi RTO because they are super lazy to send it via posts and takes about 1.5 Months for them to send it by post.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 04:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
keep checking the Vahan website to see if the RC is printed for the vehicle. If it has been printed , take the receipt of the Renewal slip and ask them to hand over the RC to you right there. They will ask you to enter your details and sign it in a book for their reference that it's handed over and will take your receipt. I have done it multiple times here in udupi RTO because they are super lazy to send it via posts and takes about 1.5 Months for them to send it by post.
Big thank you for providing this visibility and approach.
This will be a much better approach rather than hunting the postman or waiting for it to be dispatched.
Also I request those experienced to comment if now the cost of RC renewal in MH Pune is (vehicle is from 2007 Alto Lxi) green tax 3K and renewal charges 5K? + any misc charges i don't know??
I am a DIY person and would like to take up the hassle myself rather than going to agent. It will be tedious with roadblocks but satisfying.
Only I can imagine what it felt when I installed audio system in my Alto entirely on my own. My research was going on for over 6 months before I took it up. DIY be in tech or process is always great satisfaction or a learning experience. Thanks for your help.
ravin93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 18:03   #100

I am due for RC renewal for my 2007 Santro GLS this month (will renew 1.5 months before expiry) at Kasturi Nagar RTO (KA-03), Bangalore. I got the front and rear bumpers painted for scratches/dents. However the body has 2-3 minor dents and quite a few paint scratches. Do I need to do any more bodywork? Car has done <40K kms in 15 years. Initially, I thought to get Clearance Certificate from KA-03 and do RC renewal at KA-53 (as I got my DL and bike renewal done two years back at KA-53 KR Puram on my own without much hassle and also its nearer my current residence) but later dropped the idea as it would take 25-30 working days to get the RC back with the CC. Is it easier to get RC renewal in KA-53 compared to KA-03 or depends more on your luck (depending on the MVI and his mood that particular day).
Old 4th August 2022, 19:08   #101
BANNED

Has anyone got their RC renewed for an SUV like Tata Hexa or Fortuner after it completed 15 years? What was the amount paid and which state?
Old 6th August 2022, 13:57   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Thanks for sharing the detailed steps. I am planning to renew RC of my 2007 Santro AT in RTO KA-03. I plan to give it a shot myself before trying through agents.

Is knowing Kannada a must requirement for interacting with the inspector and clerks or Hindi/English will work too?
Knowing Kannada is not mandatory. English should work too. You may directly go to the counters mentioned in the KA-03 post.
jsriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 16:35   #103
Team-BHP Support

I just saw this... It is not very clear.

They have stopped registration of old vehicles from other states, but have they stopped renewing the registration of existing KA vehicles?

https://newsnext.live/karnataka-vehi...tion-in-state/

Last edited by Samurai : 6th August 2022 at 16:39.
Old 6th August 2022, 17:35   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I just saw this... It is not very clear.

They have stopped registration of old vehicles from other states, but have they stopped renewing the registration of existing KA vehicles?

https://newsnext.live/karnataka-vehi...tion-in-state/
Yes, the news item is not clear. However GSR 653(E) Motor Vehicles (Registration and Functions of Vehicle Scrapping. Facility) Rules, 2021 mentions about establishment of the scrapping facility. It can be found here:
https://morth.nic.in/sites/default/f...es,%202021.pdf

It does not mention anything about RC renewal.
Old 11th August 2022, 22:01   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsriram View Post
I got the front and rear bumpers painted for scratches/dents. However the body has 2-3 minor dents and quite a few paint scratches. [b]Do I need to do any more bodywork?
Today I made my first attempt at KA-03 RC renewal. It is rejected in FC inspection for minor parking scratches. Probably it depends on the mood of the inspector, I am not sure if there is any binding rule they follow while approving/rejecting car fitness.
Dropped my car to a multibrand service for bodywork now for an expense of Rs 15.5k. My car has already taken quite a bit in her 15th birthday with expensive Hyundai service, tyre changes, now body work.

KA-03 process (counter no etc) changed a bit compared to the previous post on the RC renewal steps. I will share the details after my successful attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsriram View Post
Knowing Kannada is not mandatory. English should work too. You may directly go to the counters mentioned in the KA-03 post.
And yes, not knowing Kannada didn't impact (Hope FC outcome is not due to this). Only the lady at counter didn't miss the opportunity to give me few words for not knowing the language even after living in the state for 15 years.
bivision is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed