Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 01:29   #106
BHPian

Re: RTO, Jayanagar, Alto FC?

My sister, took our Alto(2001) for FC at RTO, Jayanagar. When she asked for FC application, the counter guys asked her to fill in the application, online and bring the copy of the same. On the parivahan website, we got to know that we have to first update the registration with the mobile number. And when we try to update the mobile number, it is NOT accepting the registered date and date of expiry. I tried with the combination of first registered date, first expiry and second registration renewal and expiry, BUT it wasn't accepted.

Are there any workarounds for this OR do we have to do this at RTO?

This vehicle was renewed registration once on 21/08/17 and it expires on 20/08/22. During this renewal(2017), NEVER was asked of mobile number.

Please advise.
Old 12th August 2022, 08:35   #107
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

@JMaruru
Simple option is to visit nearby driving schools that also work as RTO agents. Pay then 4 or 5 hundred and get the mobile number linked properly.
Old 12th August 2022, 09:46   #108
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

I would like to request assistance about re-registering a vehicle in Kolkata. We were told that the RTO is now not allowing 15 + year old vehicles to pass the fitness test irrespective of their condition. Does anyone know of a reliable RTO agent who can help?
Old 12th August 2022, 14:15   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Today I made my first attempt at KA-03 RC renewal. It is rejected in FC inspection for minor parking scratches. Probably it depends on the mood of the inspector, I am not sure if there is any binding rule they follow while
KA-03 process (counter no etc) changed a bit compared to the previous post on the RC renewal steps. I will share the details after my successful attempt.
Did the MVI mention rejection due to scratches. In previous posts, I read minor scratches/dents are ok but there should not be major dents or rusting. My car also has scratches and 1-2 dents. Now, I am wondering if I should go via an agent.
Old 12th August 2022, 15:00   #110
BHPian

Re: RTO, Jayanagar, Alto FC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
This vehicle was renewed registration once on 21/08/17 and it expires on 20/08/22. During this renewal(2017), NEVER was asked of mobile number.

Please advise.
I suppose you meant Form 25 for RC nenewal? If not filling online, which I also could not do, you can download from parivahan page or the form is attached in first post of this thread also -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...nk-form-25.pdf

I don't think any other FC application form is there, at least I didn't need it when I went to KA-03 RTO.

I was also told to do it online, but when I said it is not working for me, I could proceed offline including payment at counter - though takes lot of time there.
Old 18th August 2022, 09:07   #111

Is it better to file RC renewal application online or do it offline. Somehow, the "Pay at RTO Counter" option seems disabled in online RC application. In one video for RC renewal in Karnataka, it was mentioned that "Tax paid" is not updated automatically in the online application and one has to visit RTO again to get it updated. For online application, it is showing the total fee (for Bangalore, Karnataka) as:
1. Green Tax = Rs 500/-
2. Postal Fee = Rs 50/-
3. Smart Card = Rs 137/-
4. Renewal of Registration = Rs 600/-
5. Change of address in RC = Rs 300/-
6. User/Service charge = Rs 75/-
---------------------------------------
Total Amount = Rs 1662/-
---------------------------------------
Road Safety Tax is not mentioned and not sure why Postal fee is mentioned as we have to provide the stamped self-addressed envelope ourselves :-).
Old 18th August 2022, 10:13   #112

Quote:
Today I made my first attempt at KA-03 RC renewal. It is rejected in FC inspection for minor parking scratches. Probably it depends on the mood of the inspector, I am not sure if there is any binding rule they follow while approving/rejecting car fitness.
Can you post your complete KA-03 experience as it will be helpful for others.
Old 18th August 2022, 13:27   #113
BANNED

Hey Folks
What is this news article saying? Does it mean vehicle re-registration after 15yrs is completely banned now?

Quote:
This rule has been ordered to be implemented in Karnataka as well from today.
karnataka-vehicle-scrapping-policy-stopped-old-vehicle-registration-in-state/

Last edited by Ragul : 18th August 2022 at 13:28.
Old 19th August 2022, 01:03   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin93 View Post
@JMaruru
Simple option is to visit nearby driving schools that also work as RTO agents. Pay then 4 or 5 hundred and get the mobile number linked properly.
Quote:
I was also told to do it online, but when I said it is not working for me, I could proceed offline including payment at counter - though takes lot of time there.
My sister could get the application done at the photocopy shop besides the RTO. He charged her INR 100/- for this service. But the mobile number update had to be done by the RTO folks. They asked her to provide an application for the same, and asked her to return next day. When she persisted, they could do the update, right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hey Folks
What is this news article saying? Does it mean vehicle re-registration after 15yrs is completely banned now?
My sister, got the second FC done for our Alto(2001) this week at Jayanagar RTO. The total charges came to around INR 2600/- of which approx. INR 1000/- was as Green Tax.
Old 20th August 2022, 00:08   #115
BHPian

I managed to submit my RC renewal application after successful FC in KA-03 Kasturinagar RTO this week, after second visit.

I followed the steps as mentioned here, with changes/deviations as below -
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Sharing my experience of renewing FC for 2005 Zen at KA-03 RTO.
Offline form fillup:
In case you cannot login to parivahan page, you could download Form25 and Form 33 (address update) and fill it offline.
https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...tent/all-forms -> Scroll down to relevant forms and download.
TIPS: Fill it in PDF reader and take printout and sign to minimize hand writing if you prefer.

In RTO Day 1:
Surrounding the RTO building, roads are full with parked cars. You could park inside RTO compound ground behind the building. I was not charged any parking fee.
1. Counter 15 in ground floor - counters are right of building entrance on the side walls: Submit the file (as you prepared as per above linked post). She cross-checks vehicle details in the system, signs.
2. Counter 14: He enters the details in the system, enters address, mobile phone etc
3. Counter 12: This is common counter for all kind of cash payments. It is advisable to pay online and avoid this. There is warning sign pasted on both sides of the counter "Due to server issues, please use e-payment option or please bear with the delay". For some cases, apparently they were referring to registers or calling other rooms to get details verified. There were only 8 people before me, still it took 1 hour to make payment.
4. Inspection: Inspection is in the road parallel to the road in front of RTO. Co-ordinate for google map - 13°00'15.9"N 77°39'55.8"E.
Inspector checked the engine bay, then glanced at the scratch marks on both sides of my car and told me to get them patched, then only he will approve.
Hence back to home, got the car tinkering and painting done, and went after few days.

In RTO Day 2:
5. Now I directly went to the inspection place. This time inspector was checking tyre DOT of other cars (my tyre is just few weeks old, he didn't check DOT). But now the new inspector told me to get the HSRP installed. I meekly protested that it is not mandatory for old cars and what is available are not the right one (KA Govt didn't authorize anybody to issue this - I didn't say it). But he insisted and said it is in next road where I must get it done.
6. So called "HSRP" got installed in the nearby shop. Co-ordinate: 13.004943, 77.666282
7. When I went back, it was lunch time and nobody was there on the road. Took picture of the "HSRP" and went to second floor of RTO at Sr. Inspector's office. He came at 1:30 and signed it. Didn't even check the HSRP picture.
8. Next room for getting it sealed, but nobody was there. After 30 min wait, Inspector himself came to this room and kindly sealed my form.
9. Counter 17 ground floor for file submission: Clerk came from lunch break at 2:30. Made entry in system, wrote some application no in the bottom part of payment receipt and tore it off and gave me as acknowledgement receipt.
10. He said I will get the new RC in 15 days by post. Hope it will be as fast as he said. Now waiting with fingers crossed.
bivision is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 18:40   #116

I submitted my RC renewal application at KA-03 RTO. I followed the following steps:
1. Went through most of the posts in this thread and other RC renewal threads to know what is expected during the RC renewal inspection.
2. Got my car rear and front bumper painted (and dent removal) and also got my car serviced a few days before the RC renewal inspection.
3. Filled up the RC renewal application online through the parivahan website. I wanted to pay the fees at the RTO but the option to pay fees at RTO was not working/disabled. Total online fees paid:
i. Green Tax = Rs 500/-
ii. Postal Fee = Rs 50/-
iii. Smart Card = Rs 137/-
iv. Renewal of Registration = Rs 600/-
v. Change of address in RC = Rs 300/- (for change in RC address
vi. User/Service charge = Rs 75/- (this was considered in lieu of the Rs 74/- for the smart card)
----------------------------------------
Total Amount = Rs 1662/-
----------------------------------------
4. Got my car washed 2-3 days before the inspection and polished the car (myself using Amway Silicone glaze) in the morning before going to RTO. I reached RTO around 10:15 am. Bought the file (Rs 6/-) for putting the RC papers (original RC, Form25, Form33, insurance copy, emission copy, Aadhar copy for address proof, etc). The friendly lady at the shop opposite the RTO main gate advised me to buy the green stamped envelope (Rs 30/- ; to be self-addressed) even though the postal fee is paid but I replied that I will confirm it at the RTO counter.
5. Went to the counters on the right hand side of the building entrance gate. First proceeded to the verification counter which opens only at 10:30am. The lady checked my papers and asked me to pay Road Safety Cess (Rs 1000/-) at the cash counter and buy the self addressed envelope. Again came to the verification counter after doing the needful and after checking the file, the lady at the counter asked me to proceed for vehicle inspection.
6. Got in the queue of cars waiting for MVI to inspect. Few cars were in good condition (came prepared for the vehicle inspection) while some cars had dents/scratches/not washed. In the meantime got the chassis impression on Form 25 after seeing a bike owner doing the same. There were at least 25+ bikes, 30+ cars, few trucks/mini-van etc waiting for inspection by the time the MVI arrived. The MVI arrived after 11:30 am (dont remember the exact time but it seemed a long wait).
7. The MVI was supported by two assistants who were reading the chassis number. He first inspected the bikes. MVI asked a few bikes to come again after getting some scratches removed/repainted. He was carefully checking the bikes for scratches/dents. In 2-3 cases, he asked the owner to start the bike and turn the accelerator (maybe for smoke etc). Then the MVI proceeded for truck/mini-van inspection.
8. It took almost 45 min to 1 hour for the bike and truck/minivan inspection. He then came to the queued cars. His assistant was reading the chassis number from the engine bay which was confirmed by the inspector from the RC documents. Then he went around the car and looked for paint scratch, dent, any minor crack on headlight/tail-lamp etc. He asked few owners to get paint, dent, lights corrected and then come again.
9. I had very little hope that my car will pass because I saw that he asked most vehicles to get some or the other thing rectified and come again. He went around my car and then stopped and observed a few surface paint scratches (no metal was visible) and asked me to get them painted from a nearby garage. Then later he told me to come to his room.
10. I parked my car somewhere and waited for nearly 1 hour for the MVI to return to his room. There were a few more owners/brokers waiting for the MVI. He asked me the problem with my car and I mentioned a few paint scratches. He signed my Form 25 but wrote some fine amount in a register against my vehicle and gave the file to his assistant who put the seal on my file and asked my to pay the fine/penalty. After paying the fine/penalty, I proceeded downstairs to submit the file and the clerk entered some details in the computer, tore the Road cess receipt customer copy, wrote some number on it, put the RTO seal and gave me the acknowledgement. It took me around 3 hours ~ 3hrs 15 min at the RTO.
Main part of the RC renewal is the MVI inspection which depends on the inspector and your luck. This particular inspector was very strict (for all the vehicles) and was pointing out any minor fault/issue with the vehicle. If your vehicle is in good condition (no major visible dents, paint scratches, headlight/taillight damage/crack) then you could get away by paying the fine/penalty for minor issues. Else you will be asked to come back after getting the problem corrected. This particular MVI did not insist on the so-called HSRP number plate and did not ask to switch on the car or headlights (the inspection would have taken too much time if he had done that) but he was going around almost every vehicle. It was a visual inspection but he was very strict in that.
Now waiting to receive the renewed RC. Hope this helps.

Last edited by jsriram : 27th August 2022 at 18:58.
jsriram is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 08:30   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsriram View Post
..He signed my Form 25 but wrote some fine amount in a register against my vehicle and gave the file to his assistant who put the seal on my file and asked my to pay the fine/penalty. After paying the fine/penalty, I proceeded downstairs to submit the file ..
What is this fine/penalty amount you mention? Is it a legal amount ? Where/Who did you pay this amount to? Did you receive a receipt for it ?
Old 4th September 2022, 21:41   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by callnishanth View Post
What is this fine/penalty amount you mention? Is it a legal amount ? Where/Who did you pay this amount to? Did you receive a receipt for it ?
No receipt. I called it fine/penalty for lack of a better word. Fine/penalty is a euphemism for ....
jsriram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 21:10   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsriram View Post
No receipt. I called it fine/penalty for lack of a better word. Fine/penalty is a euphemism for ....
I was not asked to pay this 'penalty'. And my status in parivahan page after 19 days of submission still shows pending. Only 'Fees' and 'Entry' items are showing completed, 'Verify' is showing not started. Wondering if I have to visit RTO again to make the file moving.
Please share if you see your status is progressing in the parivahan page.
Old 6th September 2022, 14:09   #120

Quote:
Please share if you see your status is progressing in the parivahan page.
My application status was updated only on the day I visited the RTO. After that there has been no update. It shows Inspection : Completed Verify: Not Started. You may call/text them on 9449864003 though they may not pick the call.
jsriram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks