Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2022, 12:15   #61
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

So, I have an issue which seems not to have been discussed in this thread.

My Fiat Palio Stile is due for registration renewal in June 2022. The tax expires in March 2022.

The colour of my car is Magnesium Grey. However, I recently noticed that the RC mentions the colour as 'Black'.

I am the fourth owner and it seems quite unlikely that any of the previous owners had changed the colour of the vehicle. It was purchased for a General Manager of LIC and upon his retirement, was transferred to his name. This mismatch looks like a clerical mistake from the time of registration.

Could anyone enlighten me as to what could be the best course of action in this scenario? Will approaching the RTO have any result?

I am planning to go to the RTO office next week and make an enquiry.
chinchu.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 15:03   #62

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

My Swift is due for registration renewal in April. Do you folks know if we need an NOC for re-registration within KA ? The original RTO is Mysore and i need to renew it at one of the Bangalore RTOs.
Old 16th March 2022, 00:41   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchu.c View Post
So, I have an issue which seems not to have been discussed in this thread.

My Fiat Palio Stile is due for registration renewal in June 2022. The tax expires in March 2022.

The colour of my car is Magnesium Grey. However, I recently noticed that the RC mentions the colour as 'Black'.

I am the fourth owner and it seems quite unlikely that any of the previous owners had changed the colour of the vehicle. It was purchased for a General Manager of LIC and upon his retirement, was transferred to his name. This mismatch looks like a clerical mistake from the time of registration.

Could anyone enlighten me as to what could be the best course of action in this scenario? Will approaching the RTO have any result?

I am planning to go to the RTO office next week and make an enquiry.

Considering that you are the fourth owner of a fiat, you might not have the original documents submitted to the RTO at the time of registration or you won't be able to extract the same from the dealer of this car (form 21 & form22). The best option would be to notify the RTO of this mistake and ask them to check their archives for the original form 21 and 22 submitted by the dealer to RTO when first registered. The original documents would mention the color as it was. Once you get the original documents, the RTO will update the details online free of charge. To get a revised RC book, you will have to apply for a duplicate RC after the details are updated. I just got the same thing done for my car at Ahmedabad.
Yashdeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 22:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

I got a quote of 10,650 rs for my Esteems renewal. Please find my agents quote below. My registration got expired on July 2019 itself and I wasn’t aware of it since I don’t drive this car much.

I only knew after I took it for one long drive (40 kms)to Kerala and got caught by the cops there. Is the quote fair. I would have done this by myself but The issue is I forgot to renew it for almost 3 years and the RTO might harass me. Going through an agent could save me from this torture or harassment.
Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-e9a0cde12f344853b46d620148e60fd0.jpeg
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 08:10   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I got a quote of 10,650 rs for my Esteems renewal. Please find my agents quote below. My registration got expired on July 2019 itself and I wasn’t aware of it since I don’t drive this car much.

I only knew after I took it for one long drive (40 kms)to Kerala and got caught by the cops there. Is the quote fair. I would have done this by myself but The issue is I forgot to renew it for almost 3 years and the RTO might harass me. Going through an agent could save me from this torture or harassment.
Attachment 2285852
It is very much in the ballpark. Get it done in a few days itself as rates will increase after 1st April.
For reference my Grand Vitara is showing a Green tax of Rs. 3000 in Maharashtra. I expect it to jump to 45,000 when my renewal becomes due in July.

Last edited by sridhar-v : 19th March 2022 at 08:18. Reason: Spelling
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 08:39   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluke View Post
My Swift is due for registration renewal in April. Do you folks know if we need an NOC for re-registration within KA ? The original RTO is Mysore and i need to renew it at one of the Bangalore RTOs.
Yes you need to take a NOC for within state re-registration in Karnataka.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 12:35   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

I need to renew my Civic‘s registration in a few months. The exshowroom price was around Rs. 10L back in 2007. Any idea what can I expect to be the renewal cost for the same? Can anyone who renewed their vehicle’s registration recently share how much they paid for their vehicle?

Thanks in anticipation of response.
Old 27th March 2022, 12:03   #68

For my 2007 swift, it costed me a total of Rs. 2300. (I didn't go via Agent)
Green Tax=500 ; RC Fees = 200 ; Renewal Fees = 600 ; Road Safety Tax = 1000

There is news that these figures will change starting April 2022.
callnishanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 16:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callnishanth View Post
For my 2007 swift, it costed me a total of Rs. 2300. (I didn't go via Agent)
Green Tax=500 ; RC Fees = 200 ; Renewal Fees = 600 ; Road Safety Tax = 1000

There is news that these figures will change starting April 2022.

Yes indeed it costed the same for my 2006 swift. I too did it without an agent
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 11:08   #70
Senior - BHPian

How many days prior to expiry can the re-registration process be done?
Old 20th April 2022, 12:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from the RTO --

I have been quoted Rs 11,000 for FC renewal in Bangalore
The FC/RC is still valid for another month.

Charges as Below -

7500 LMV GREEN TAX?
4000 Inspection Charges

-500 as a Discount for being an old customer.

7500 as green tax is that even correct?

Does anyone have a good reliable agent in KA04 RTO?
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 14:59   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
How many days prior to expiry can the re-registration process be done?
60 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Just came back from the RTO --
-500 as a Discount for being an old customer.
Who is giving this discount? I don't think the RTO gives any discounts, old customer or not. Skip the touts, log onto the mparivahan website and file an application for FC yourself. You can find out the real charges for yourself.
boniver is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 23:15   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I need to renew my Civic‘s registration in a few months. The exshowroom price was around Rs. 10L back in 2007. Any idea what can I expect to be the renewal cost for the same? Can anyone who renewed their vehicle’s registration recently share how much they paid for their vehicle?

Renewal of registration has nothing to do with the then cost price. However, it distinguishes between an Indian car (Rs 5000=00) and an imported car (Rs 40,000=00).

The renewal fees will be :-

Green Tax= as applicable in your state;
RC Fees = Rs 200-300/- as applicable in your state
Reregistration Fees = Rs 5000=00
Road Safety Tax = if applicable in your state + Automated fitness test fee Rs 1000=00 (if applicable in your state)
+PUC test charges( if automated fitness test is not done)
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 00:58   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
60 days.

Who is giving this discount? I don't think the RTO gives any discounts, old customer or not. Skip the touts, log onto the mparivahan website and file an application for FC yourself. You can find out the real charges for yourself.

The Agent ! When applying online it says not able to! as the car is now 28 years old
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 12:14   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Hi Saket,
Were you able to find this out?
In Jharkhand, people had to pay 4-4.5% of invoice value for extension post 15 years for every 5 years. late fine is rs. 500 per month.
For a Santro it cost nearly 20k last august.
Ironically, while buying the car new, one had to pay 3% for 15 years.
vikramvicky1984 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks