Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2022, 14:11   #136
BHPian

Re: RC renewal application stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsriram View Post
On 23-Aug-22 I went for vehicle check at Pune RTO. The inspection went well. There were no issues and agent also said all is ok.
RTO agent followed up and informed me that the inspector forgot to sign the form hence it’s stuck. He has been reminded by the agent but I am not much hopeful now.

You should ask the RTO agent to solve this. In the first place, RTO agent should have ensured that the MVI's signature is there on the application. Now, if it has been missed for some reason then he can get the signature again or check the next step with the MVI. The agent would be interacting with the MVI everyday as that is his profession. So, it should not e difficult for the agent to find a solution/resolution. If you have to break your head on all this then what is the use of going thorough the agent.
Thanks for your post. I am in touch with my agent. Now he says it is taking time to clear verification stage because the chips are not available to process the cards for all RCs as well as license renewals. He says many other customers are facing this issue. I have no option but to wait and watch now.
He says only after verification status will start reflecting online.
I do not know how far things are true in what he says.
Old 13th October 2022, 08:42   #137
BHPian

Re: RC renewal application stuck

Does anyone have any idea if Pune RTO is really facing shortage of chips? I tried looking for news online but all are dated more than a year old.
Old 13th October 2022, 16:39   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

In the Vahan page to update my mobile number, after entering all the details and chiking on 'Show Details" button does not do anything.

Anyone faced this issue? Tried on different browsers as well

https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...leNumber.xhtml
Old 13th October 2022, 17:03   #139
Team-BHP Support

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
In the Vahan page to update my mobile number, after entering all the details and chiking on 'Show Details" button does not do anything.

Ah, the vahan page doesn't really work great for Karnataka anymore.

When I was trying to initiate the RC renewal, I made the mistake of not checking with the RTO agent first. So I went ahead and made payment, and it went into a blackhole. My money was deducted, but KHAJANE didn't confirm the payment to RTO website for days. I finally gave up and contacted the RTO agent. He told me that the RTO website is in pathetic condition now, causing many people to lose money this way. However, he was able to talk to someone in RTO and managed to recover my payment that had fallen into the blackhole. Only then my payment status cleared.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 18:42   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

When I was trying to initiate the RC renewal, I made the mistake of not checking with the RTO agent first. So I went ahead and made payment, and it went into a blackhole. My money was deducted, but KHAJANE didn't confirm the payment to RTO website for days. I finally gave up and contacted the RTO agent. He told me that the RTO website is in pathetic condition now, causing many people to lose money this way. However, he was able to talk to someone in RTO and managed to recover my payment that had fallen into the blackhole. Only then my payment status cleared.
So, I have to go through an agent only to renew the FC in KA?
Old 13th October 2022, 19:41   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You can try one step at a time. For RC renewal, you have to pay first. After that you can apply. Mine got stuck at the first step because I tried online. You could go personally go to RTO and pay at the counter, that will eliminate website problem.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 01:26   #142
BHPian

Quote:

Sometimes the issues are temporary and after a day or two it starts working again. I had a different issue, the site was working but erroring out stating the name mismatch between aadhar and vahan database.
The agent solved it within a day for just 300 Rs and next day my mobile was linked.
Old 14th October 2022, 09:13   #143
BHPian

Quote:
In my case I applied online and paid at the RTO counter on the day of the FC inspection.
Old 15th October 2022, 21:25   #144
BANNED

Anyone know how much it costs to renew registration of 15 year old private use car in Maharashtra?
Old 16th October 2022, 16:42   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Anyone know how much it costs to renew registration of 15 year old private use car in Maharashtra?
Green Tax 3000
Renewal 5000
Postal fee 50
Smart card 200
Inspection 800

+ a few thousand more if you go thru an agent.
Hope it helps
ravin93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 17:24   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin93 View Post
Green Tax 3000
Renewal 5000
Postal fee 50
Smart card 200
Inspection 800
This is a lot. In KA, I paid ₹2362 in total for all these.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 17:43   #147
BHPian

If I correctly understand earlier it was much less but since 1st April 22 there's considerable increase in the costs. I recently have applied for renewal within time (no penalty) still this much I had to pay. I think they want to discourage renewals and force users to scrape old cars in a way.
I would be curious to know when did you @Samurai renew it. Was it before April 22 or recently?
Old 16th October 2022, 21:41   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

So I went ahead and made payment, and it went into a blackhole. My money was deducted, but KHAJANE didn't confirm the payment to RTO website for days.
You can call the vahan helpline number. They will rectify the issue immediately if it is website related technical issue.
jsriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 08:54   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin93 View Post
If I correctly understand earlier it was much less but since 1st April 22 there's considerable increase in the costs. I recently have applied for renewal within time (no penalty) still this much I had to pay. I think they want to discourage renewals and force users to scrape old cars in a way.
Spending around 10k every 5 years is far cheaper than buying a new car
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 17:01   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Some progress happened in my RC status now, that happened in last two days. All Actions now marked completed except 'Approve', which is still showing as 'not started'.
No further progress happened, so I visited RTO last week (also needed to go for DL backlog entry) after trying the landline no (not received), whatsapp to mobile no (not even read), email (no reply). The clerk in counter told me it is approved and will be sent for print in 1-2 days, but no update so far - 'Approve' stage remains NOT STARTED.

Now I am thinking of getting hold of an agent to do the follow-ups as visiting regularly to RTO will be inconvenient for me.

Last edited by bivision : 19th October 2022 at 17:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks