Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 08:54   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

The XUV 700 is slated to have a sunroof of size 1360 mm X 870 mm. While the Hector has a sunroof with a size of 1460mm x 832 mm. So how does Mahindra claim to have the biggest sunroof in the segment?

Unless they're both considered to be in different segments?
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 12:36   #287
Senior - BHPian

XUV 700 interior closeup video

RM Motorsports is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 15:23   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

1. First and foremost, the SOP of the XUV is scheduled to begin by 3rd or 4th week of July and Mahindra plans to either launch or showcase the vehicle on their founder's day I.e. 2nd October.
Dear Ram87pune, So as per your source, the Launch is not before October? When will Mahindra open the bookings? I was in hope for a Launch in between Aug-Sept.

I'm wondering why Mahindra is so much late than the planned launch?
Any information about the AD Blue system?
Old 30th June 2021, 17:41   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
XUV 700 interior closeup video

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=G_yArafD1nk
Looks like this sun "hat" on Instrument Cluster is going to stay there permanently.
Old 30th June 2021, 18:12   #290
BHPian

AutocarIndia is reporting that the petrol version will be 200HP engine, and diesel one will be 185HP, making them one of the most powerful engines in their segment.

Mahindra XUV700 to get class leading 200hp 2.0 turbo petrol engine

Quote:
The 200hp output will make the XUV700’s 2.0 mFalcon engine the most powerful petrol engine in the segment, with the recently launched Hyundai Alcazar’s 2.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol producing 159hp and the MG Hector Plus using a 143hp 1.5-litre turbo petrol. The Tata Safari, meanwhile, does not come with a petrol engine.

On the diesel front, XUV700 will use a new evolution of Mahindra’s trusty 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine, with the power output wound up to 185hp. This is also a class leading power output, making the XU700 diesel considerably more powerful than the Hyundai Alcazar, with its 115hp, 1.5-litre diesel and also than the Hector Plus and the Safari, which use the same 170hp 2.0-litre diesel engine sourced from Stellantis.
sanchari is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 18:51   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
AutocarIndia is reporting that the petrol version will be 200HP engine, and diesel one will be 185HP, making them one of the most powerful engines in their segment.

The mental barrier of crossing 200 Horse Power, that too in a Indian mainstream vehicle, is a huge "Pull".

The only question now remains, can the XUV's chassis handle that much power & torque?
abhishek46 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 18:53   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post

Report also mentions the debut in the second half of July and price reveal/bookings in August. This is a great news (if indeed accurate) as there was a talk of it's launch not before October.
Old 30th June 2021, 19:36   #293
BHPian

Solid solid information. Thank you so much for sharing these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

6. Regarding the headlamp booster function, my sources are saying that this feature only increases the intensity of the low beam once you cross 80 kmph. I am not sure how much of this is actually going to be helpful in daily driving conditions. Bhpians can share their opinions.
Here's my 2 cents on this. The headlamp booster function is great as long as we can turn this off (I assume we would be able to). In many situations, we may not need this and can affect visibility for oncoming traffic (for example, a well-lit road where this is no issue with visibility).

But I can totally see this as a useful feature while droning on in some state highway with relatively low visibility without having to do anything. Let's see how it pans out, but I commend the thought-process behind this.

Three questions:

1. Is there an AWD option? Please say yes, this is the only reason why I'm waiting. And this question, unfortunately, IS relevant especially looking at the Safari (why and how on Earth can they launch a Safari without 4x4!!)

2. What do your sources say of the interior fit and finish? Are there soft-touch plastics, nicer materials around? Or are they going to be hard-plastics?

3. Where are they trying to position this relative to the current market? I suppose this will be competing with Compass and Safari, but are they planning to put in the Compass range or below it?
krishnakumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 19:48   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Report also mentions the debut in the second half of July and price reveal/bookings in August. This is a great news (if indeed accurate) as there was a talk of it's launch not before October.
This will be like Skoda Kushaq.

Product Unveil - Pre Bookings - Media Drive - Price Announcement - Deliveries.

The report clearly states that launch is expected in October 2021

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-img_20210630_194304.jpg

I am looking forward to this XUV7OO as an upgrade from my 5 year old Tiago.

Hope it'll be niggle free unlike Harrier/Safari.
CarguyNish is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 19:49   #295
BANNED

185 bhp and 200 bhp are both insane figures, not if they are pulling a hot hatch or a nice sedan, but the vehicle these horses will be pulling is a FWD people mover in the SUV clothing.

No wonder, this car will need the ESP/TCS for sure, and will be fun to watch in snow and poor surfaced inclines in the hills in the hands of novice drivers

People do look at power, the XUV5OO is a fast people mover, even under full load, so it was important for Mahindra to carry that legacy, and I believe that they have achieved it too. mStallion is a good engine, well proven under the hood of the Thar, and mHawk, for me, has always been the benchmark for power delivery, Mahindra knows a thing or two when it comes to turbo diesel engine tuning.

Worth a wait, this is the vehicle that has the potential to shake everything that comes under a huge price bracket.
VKumar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 19:53   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

The report clearly states that launch is expected in October 2021
May be a half baked report as it also says "The new three row SUV is likely to make its world debut sometime in second half of July, with bookings expected to open in August and a price announcement shortly after."
If the car is displayed, price announced and bookings open, I don't know what will be left for the October launch.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 20:40   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The mental barrier of crossing 200 Horse Power, that too in a Indian mainstream vehicle, is a huge "Pull".

The only question now remains, can the XUV's chassis handle that much power & torque?
So well put. I always vividly the 100 horses ad that the older gen Verna launched with.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 20:45   #298
BHPian

Quote:
The new ‘mStallion’ engine family that debuted at Auto Expo 2020 uses all-aluminium blocks and, in the case of this particular engine, 350 bar direct injection.
As per this statement, Stallion engines use Aluminium Blocks.
Mahindra's Diesel engines are all aluminium construction or an iron block with the aluminium head?

If yes, Are these aluminium diesel engines reliable? Please elaborate.
Old 30th June 2021, 21:19   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
As per this statement, Stallion engines use Aluminium Blocks.
Mahindra's Diesel engines are all aluminium construction or an iron block with the aluminium head?

If yes, Are these aluminium diesel engines reliable? Please elaborate.
mstallion specifically refers to the new turbo petrol engines.
Diesel is the same mhawk only. Albeit heavily reworked upon.
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 22:52   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Yeah it surely would be able to as it's a newer platform and as Mahindra puts it, it's much stiffer, stronger and would provide better maneuverability as compared to the current gen XUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
:

1. Is there an AWD option? Please say yes, this is the only reason why I'm waiting. And this question, unfortunately, IS relevant especially looking at the Safari (why and how on Earth can they launch a Safari without 4x4!!)
Yes AWD would be offered as an option as stated by Mahindra in their press release for the upcoming XUV700.
You can access the press release in the link mentioned below:

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Are these aluminium diesel engines reliable? Please elaborate.
Aluminium engines in general are better as compared to cast iron ones. They provide better heat transfer, are quicker to manufacture and can handle wear and tear better than the traditional cast iron ones. Moreover, since they have better heat management and are lighter by weight as compared to the cast iron ones, fuel efficiency of the engine also improves. They sure are reliable but cast iron ones are easier to repair. Aluminium ones are more expensive to manufacture as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
May be a half baked report as it also says "The new three row SUV is likely to make its world debut sometime in second half of July, with bookings expected to open in August and a price announcement shortly after."
If the car is displayed, price announced and bookings open, I don't know what will be left for the October launch.
As of now, any report by any Media outlet is not trustworthy in my opinion, the same goes for a ton of channels on YouTube posting repetitive videos about the launch of this vehicle. Albeit rumors are prevalent, I would not expect a reputed automobile media house such as Autocar to post a partially researched article. But one can notice where they've used words such as 'confirmed' and then for the launch, they've used 'likely'. In short, what I mean to say is that until and unless Mahindra itself comments something about it, every launch information that gets leaked would remain speculative at best.

Coming to that sweet 200bhp news, I couldn't be more thrilled about it. I surely am going for the pre booking, and getting the first gen, all the while praying to God that Mahindra has taken care of the initial niggles in their exhaustive testing of almost 2 years. Can't wait to get my hands on it for a TD.
Moto_Bear is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks