Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:23   #256
Senior - BHPian

since when has Logan become the benchmark of quality?

I would certainly love to see Logan sell. But that's not because its a good/bad car. Its because I want the better cars from Renault stable to be seen on Indian roads. Logan be damned.
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:34   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
It will be interesting to see the breakup of taxi bookings to junta bookings ratio. I think it will be around the 80-20 mark. .
A large proportion of Indics / Gos / Sumos also sell as Taxis.. HAve also seen many Fiesta Ds. , Innova Ds ( and qualis earlier ) , Taveras , Sumos running as taxis.

Have not seen any manufacturer split their sales figure into taxi and non taxi so far..
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:45   #258
Senior - BHPian

Ah, I saw one today!!!
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:14   #259
Senior - BHPian

2,786 units in May is very good considering that the car wasn't on sale through the full month ( right?) and it hasn't been launched all over the country yet. It's a very good start.

About this thread, I think we are going extremes here. We are oscillating between calling the Logan a success or failure which isn't right. I think we should wait for 3-4 months because the sales figures will settle down then. Remember right now the car is in the honeymoon period so a higher demand and lots of interest (25,000 inquiries) should be expected.
Old 3rd June 2007, 16:33   #260
Senior - BHPian

yes over 2k units seems like indians have accepted this car for its positives than for its negatives. this is truly a tolerant country!
Old 3rd June 2007, 17:09   #261
BHPian

i've seen quite a few Logans in the last couple of days on Bangalore roads. None of them appeared to be Taxi ones. Looks like their stupid TV ad is working.

I took a TD as soon as it was launched here and i hated it completely. Indica/Indigo is any day better than Logan.
Old 4th June 2007, 11:26   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
i've seen quite a few Logans in the last couple of days on Bangalore roads. None of them appeared to be Taxi ones. Looks like their stupid TV ad is working.
Must agree with you here. A friend of mine was also saying wide body car, and so on, but those of us who have spotted/seen it dont really feel its any spacious than other offerings.
Old 4th June 2007, 18:07   #263
BHPian

Guys, why are you forgetting the Qualis, even after seeing may be thousands on the road for last so many years everytime I look at it I wonder how such a dated shape and design could do so well in India. Moral of the story is design, shape etc doesnt matter what matters is price, *** and sturdyness of the car. So dont write off logan yet, wait for 6 months its only then you can range the correct response.
Old 4th June 2007, 18:09   #264
BHPian

What I meant by the *** in the above post was after sales service and I wrote in an abbreivaiated form and you know now what it mistook it as. These parser's never trust them.
Old 4th June 2007, 19:47   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Hi guys,
any M&M showroom near South Bangalore?
Vijai at the intersection of the Inner ring road and 80' road in Koramangala is a Mahindra Renault dealer and I vaguely remember seeing TC Logans.
Old 4th June 2007, 20:38   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
2,786 units in May is very good considering that the car wasn't on sale through the full month ( right?) and it hasn't been launched all over the country yet. It's a very good start.

About this thread, I think we are going extremes here. We are oscillating between calling the Logan a success or failure which isn't right. I think we should wait for 3-4 months because the sales figures will settle down then. Remember right now the car is in the honeymoon period so a higher demand and lots of interest (25,000 inquiries) should be expected.
It was launched early April I think.. About 2 months or so for 2786. Despite that, numbers arent bad at all. Does anyone know if the low end petrols or the dCI thats doing the numbers?
Old 4th June 2007, 21:32   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
It was launched early April I think.. About 2 months or so for 2786. Despite that, numbers arent bad at all. Does anyone know if the low end petrols or the dCI thats doing the numbers?
i'm inclined to believe its the diesel. because the petrol Logan has decent competition that I believe is better built, i.e. Ford Ikon, Esteem etc.
Old 5th June 2007, 09:08   #268
BHPian

Does Logan has side impact beam, they do not mention it anywhere. I am surprised that they dont have door beams, it is such an essential safety feature and they omitted just for saving small money. I did not consider Logan just because of this but I guess lot of people disagree with me as they are buying the car .
Old 5th June 2007, 09:35   #269
Senior - BHPian

Strips007, it is a must....people should now consider cars with safety features....I don't think Logan has it!
Old 5th June 2007, 10:34   #270
Senior - BHPian

I saw my first OTR Logan today, but didnt notice it first till it came to my side parallely, at first glimps I thought it was a fiesta but then I saw the badge as it crossed me.

It looks decent enough from the side, although also gives a boxy impression, I think a bigger tyre set will give it a better profile and also the paint finish was as good as woth other manufacturers and the engine noise was atleast lesser than of Indigo/Indica.

Its unneccessarily getting a beating here, its as good as one can get for this price, period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks