Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:52   #136
BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

Hello,
I am quite unsure if I can XtraGreen Diesel in the Innova Crysta BS4 as well as BS6 (2.4L engines). Can people who have been using XG please comment on this?
I am asking this since in the owner’s manual Toyota does mention that the max use of biodiesel should be 5%.
I am attaching a screenshot here so that people can view it.

Source:- Toyota owner’s manual for the Crysta.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India-db4ac5b8b30c4d998c5ca90962f7da2b.jpeg  

TURBO28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 12:02   #137
BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

Has anyone tried Xtragreen in their BMW diesel?
Old 3rd February 2023, 14:21   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
I am asking this since in the owner’s manual Toyota does mention that the max use of biodiesel should be 5%.
I am attaching a screenshot here so that people can view it.
Xtragreen being blended upto 7% makes it a B7 biodiesel which is E590 compliant in Europe. The same fuel filter runs in the engines sold there. Generally the effects of bio-diesel blending is observed on engines above B10/20. So if that 2% difference causes you to worry, then you should probably stick to normal diesel. For me, referring to the manual which states that the fuel filter replacement might be shortened, given that the standard replacement interval of the fuel filter of the Crysta is 1.6L kms, I would be happy to replace it even at 80k kms preventively given the benefits of using Xtragreen So if at all there is any reduction in fuel filter life, it would be very negligible.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 14:55   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Xtragreen being blended upto 7% makes it a B7 biodiesel which is E590 compliant in Europe. The same fuel filter runs in the engines sold there. Generally the effects of bio-diesel blending is observed on engines above B10/20. So if that 2% difference causes you to worry, then you should probably stick to normal diesel. For me, referring to the manual which states that the fuel filter replacement might be shortened, given that the standard replacement interval of the fuel filter of the Crysta is 1.6L kms, I would be happy to replace it even at 80k kms preventively given the benefits of using Xtragreen So if at all there is any reduction in fuel filter life, it would be very negligible.
Hello,
I am not that worried for the 2% difference. I just wanted to check if people who have been using it have had any problems.
Also, how is it to drive with XG compared to normal diesel in the Crysta?

Thank you.
Old 3rd February 2023, 15:36   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
Hello,
I am not that worried for the 2% difference. I just wanted to check if people who have been using it have had any problems.
Also, how is it to drive with XG compared to normal diesel in the Crysta?

Thank you.
I have been using it in my Crysta from the last 4k kms continuously. There are quite a few others who have used it for longer distances. The most significant difference for me is that the engine clatter is greatly reduced, engine is revv happy and very smooth compared to normal diesel where it sounds like a truck. The not so significant benefits is that the average FE seems to have increased and the DPF regen intervals have reduced. However I don't have concrete feedback on FE since the car is not driven in a FE oriented manner and the increase would be due to other factors also.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 16:30   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I have been using it in my Crysta from the last 4k kms continuously. There are quite a few others who have used it for longer distances. The most significant difference for me is that the engine clatter is greatly reduced, engine is revv happy and very smooth compared to normal diesel where it sounds like a truck. The not so significant benefits is that the average FE seems to have increased and the DPF regen intervals have reduced. However I don't have concrete feedback on FE since the car is not driven in a FE oriented manner and the increase would be due to other factors also.
Thanks for the info.
I just got my first tank of XG for my BS4 Crysta.
Will drive it around and update here in a few days.

Thank you.
TURBO28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 18:45   #142
BHPian

I recently did a trip in my Ciaz (2015 model, BS4). It was a round trip from Kanpur traversing Delhi, Chandigarh, Rishikesh, Chapotar Auli and Gauchar. During this trip, I did use three tanks of XtraGreen. I did observe an increase in fuel efficiency for sure(always do a tankful to tankful), smoothness n pickup were probably a placebo effect. On my return leg, the fuel bunk attendant on the Taj Expressway told me that the fuel was not suitable for my car.
Decided it time to read up more and did not fill more of it, but whatever little I used it it felt positive.
Old 27th February 2023, 09:56   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
After filling at least 4 full tanks with XtraGreen for past 1 month, I can now surely say that the mileage has improved from 14kmpl to 16kmpl for my Carens D AT. Also the engine seems to be running smoother. Just to verify, I will revert back to normal diesel for next 2-3 full tanks to verify this.
I started noticing that the NVH levels have gone up and I was not getting any better mileage with XtraGreen. As mentioned earlier, I stopped using XtraGreen and I am back to normal diesel. Guess what? I see NVH level improving, and I haven't observed any noticeable difference in mileage patterns.

Even though I was very excited with XtraGreen, I don't think I am going back to it again.
Old 16th March 2023, 20:03   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Personal observation: can be vehicle specific

Vehicle - Safari Storme BS4
Used for 2 tank fuls (first fill had about 25% regular diesel at time of fill)

Engine has been smooth. FE is not significantly higher compared to regular diesel laced with System-D.
Cost difference between these two is Rs 1.5 more for Xtragreen than with Diesel+ System-D combination.

So looks like Xtragreen will be more useful for BS6 diesels.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 08:06   #145
BHPian

Quote:
I started noticing that the NVH levels have gone up and I was not getting any better mileage with XtraGreen. As mentioned earlier, I stopped using XtraGreen and I am back to normal diesel. Guess what? I see NVH level improving, and I haven't observed any noticeable difference in mileage patterns.

Even though I was very excited with XtraGreen, I don't think I am going back to it again.
I have been using XG for like almost 10 tank fulls now and sometimes i do feel engine noise is more and at other times its butter smooth and quiet. Not sure if there is variation in the quality from fuel station to fuel station. Over all i am happy using XG in my carens.
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 08:31   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
I have been using XG for like almost 10 tank fulls now and sometimes i do feel engine noise is more and at other times its butter smooth and quiet. Not sure if there is variation in the quality from fuel station to fuel station. Over all i am happy using XG in my carens.
Are you seeing any advantage of paying the extra money?
Old 20th March 2023, 09:37   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Are you seeing any advantage of paying the extra money?
Butter smooth engine, better pick up, low noise and 1 - 2 Km increase in mileage. I am happy with XG in my Carens
ant_vas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 06:32   #148
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The first tankful in my new Thar was regular diesel. The second tankful was Xtragreen. I can already feel a more silent, smooth engine. No clue about fuel efficiency with both fuels. I am going to use Xtragreen regularly and will see how it goes.
rajeevsulu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 09:14   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Butter smooth engine, better pick up, low noise and 1 - 2 Km increase in mileage. I am happy with XG in my Carens
Any idea about the effect of XG Diesel on DPF clogging? My Seltos had to undergo DPF Regen twice in the last two years.
Old 8th April 2023, 10:07   #150
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have done 7 tankfulls of Xtragreen diesel in my Thar 6.2 till date.
My observations;
1) Engine feels less noisy.
2) Engine feels a little more peppy.
3) Fuel efficiency is at 16 kmpl.
4) I am paying Rs. 3.50 per litre more than normal diesel.
That should cost me approximately Rs. 120 more for every
tankful.
5) I don't know whether my interpretation regarding noise, peppiness, efficiency increase are correct. All i can say is that the service engineers at Mahindra Erode are in favor of using premium petrol Or diesel
Thank you
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks