Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 17:56   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
Earlier this month, I happened to travel in a 25,000km driven 1-year old Tata Safari (diesel)
You have the 2.2 common rail engine, while that Safari is driven by the Fiat-sourced 2.0 litre cyrotec engine. Two different animals.

Btw, my 2013 Storme is powered by the 2.2 litre Varicor, is running on regular IOCL diesel. I didnt continue with Xtragreen since there was no confirmation about the effect or no-effect of this on our BS4 engines + the additional cost of 3.5 rupees per litre. Not that I have ruled out using Xtragreen - I will still try it out on my next long drive.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 11:48   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

Which bunks in North Bangalore is Xtragreen available at?

A bunk close by started selling XP95 and I asked the owner if they are planning on Xtragreen as well. Due to low sales, she said it may not happen.
Since I am someone who uses additives on my Aspire diesel with every tankful, I wanted to give this a shot.
Old 4th August 2022, 12:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Which bunks in North Bangalore is Xtragreen available at?

Visit https://associates.indianoil.co.in/PumpLocator in desktop mode of phone browser or use laptop. Select Petrol Pumps in District option, select Bangalore, then List of Petrol Pumps and look under XG Price column.

IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India-screenshot_2022080412032434_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b123.jpg

This is the easiest and quickest way to find pumps with XtraGreen availability
Klub Class is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 14:36   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore update:

The IOC bunk on Nrupatunga road (opp RBI) has Xtragreen.
(this is the road between KR Circle and Corporation signal)
Old 15th October 2022, 00:25   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai Suburbs update:

New IOC pump has come up on JVLR, right before Seepz.

It’s one of the biggest pumps I have seen in Mumbai, others feel way small in comparison.

They offer both XtraGreen Diesel and XP95.

I was looking for a IOC pump near Powai that would offer me XP95, but none were there except the one opposite IIT Bombay. This pump has been caught selling adulterated petrol earlier so didn’t want to take a risk with this pump at all.

Feeling happy that this new one has come up and is offering XP95.

I had gotten regular diesel filled from this new IOC bunk day before in my 1KD Fortuner, the attendant was pushing really hard for XtraGreen but I am not sure whether the 1KD can take the B7 fuel.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 23:01   #111
BHPian

Hi All, I could find a lot of pumps here in Noida and Delhi NCR serving XtraGreen Fuel, does anybody know, that can be used on BS-IV engines (esp Toyota Innova)?
contact.nitin7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 23:23   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact.nitin7 View Post
Hi All, I could find a lot of pumps here in Noida and Delhi NCR serving XtraGreen Fuel, does anybody know, that can be used on BS-IV engines (esp Toyota Innova)?
A full tank in 6 months, yes.
I found the RPM going crazy minutely in regular use.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 19:51   #113
BHPian

Hello friends.

The new fuel has been in the market for quite some time and has been discussed in this forum too. Did anyone find XtraGreen better than normal diesel as claimed by IOC? Improved mileage or smoother drive?

There was a suggestion to instead use ADON-D with regular diesel.
Old 1st December 2022, 11:11   #114
BHPian

Tried Xtragreen for the first time on my Carens. After the first tank full, the engine certainly seems smoother as is less noisy!

I believe the mileage has also improved by couple of KM per liter. will have to monitor it for couple more full tanks though.
ant_vas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 23:05   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Tried Xtragreen for the first time on my Carens. After the first tank full, the engine certainly seems smoother as is less noisy!

I believe the mileage has also improved by couple of KM per liter. will have to monitor it for couple more full tanks though.
Thanks. I too filled it in my Carens today. I will update later.
Old 5th December 2022, 10:03   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post

I have been driving around for past 4 days and I can observe a smoother engine, better pick-up and improved mileage by couple of KM per liter.
ImranHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 10:51   #117
BHPian

Using Xtragreen since last 5 tank full on my 2016 Isuzu V-cross. I did not notice any difference as compared to normal diesel after the first full tank. But past the 2nd time there has been noticeable difference in engine noise and milage. My Mumbai - Khapoli runs (170 kms round trip) twice a week have seen improved milage. The milage is up from 11 to 12 kmpl with lower engine noise.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 17:34   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovins2004 View Post
My experience with Xtra green diesel

I filled Xtra green diesel at KR Puram IOCL COCO a month back, there was some improvement in pickup but nothing magical to report out. However, I faced a strange issue which I have never seen in the past 7 ½ years of my ownership with Vento TDI 1.6 2014

Attachment 2280855

We went on a joy ride for about 200Km round trip and reached home around 7:30PM. I was about to turn off the ignition, but I noticed a sudden raise in RPM from 800 to 1000 at Idle, I thought I accidently pressed the accelerator, but my feet are on the floor. I turned off the engine and cranked again within a minute, I see the Idle RPM is normal again, not sure what happened and ignored as a one-off issue.

A week later, I once again filled Xtra green and went on a Joy ride for about 300km round trip, the same issue happened while I was about to get out of the car after reaching home, I shut off the engine and cranked again, saw the Idle RPM is back to normal reading at 800.

I narrated the incident to one my close relative, he is in automobile field. The first question he asked was whether I used any additives recently, I told him about Xtra green. He says this might happen due to the cleaning agent doing its work, but I don’t want to see this issue again. So, I filled regular diesel from the same pump and went on a long drive and driven within city covering around 500km, until now I did not see the issue.

I have used Shell V power diesel continuously for two years prior to Covid and tried 3M diesel additives on couple of occasions but I have never experienced this issue before.

Is it due to slightly higher cetane rating in Xtra green Diesel? I’m not very sure.

If you have faced similar issues or anything specific to VAG TDI, welcome to share your thoughts. Drive safe and stay safe.
I have had a similar experience with my Vento Highline TDI, but with ADON D. Purchased the additive at KR Puram IOCL COCO after reading good reviews about it. The engine did feel smoother after using the additive, however I started noticing the engine idles at 1000 RPM when stopped at a traffic signal or when I reach home and park the car.
I have used the additive just once so far (about 4 months ago) but the engine still revs occasionally at 1000 RPM just when I think the problem has resolved itself :(

Does your issue still persist or have you managed to find a solution for it?
essess is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 19:27   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by essess View Post
Does your issue still persist or have you managed to find a solution for it?
I have good and bad news to share. The good news is the issue fixed as of now, almost for the past four weeks I don’t see the Idle RPM raising but the bad news is root cause not yet nailed down

Some background and troubleshooting did in the past

I searched various forums and short listed the probable causes – Alternator / Battery issue, may be due to overload the ecu trying to compensate by raising the RPM, might be AC or any other chargers etc. I did check the battery and noticed voltage is close to optimum level. However, to isolate the issue I went ahead and replaced the battery but no luck, I did see the same issue re-appear after a day or two.

Other causes, it might be due to dirty throttle body, throttle cable or leakage in air intake, but I couldn’t further investigate myself on these three parameters, except a visible check on the air intake pipe, no cracks or any opening noticed, also did not notice any issues with A pedal.

Also, I read that ECU reset might help so I removed the negative lead from the battery for 15 minutes and connected back, much to my surprise the Idle RPM was stable for more than a weeks’ time but re-appeared once again.

Observation – There is no pattern in the way RPM raises, mostly while stopping at the signal, some time while slowing down or sometimes while pressing the clutch or even within few seconds after starting the car. I tried to drive with AC OFF, remove the charger, use regular diesel only but in vain, I still see the issue re-appear.

I reported the issue to VW service station at Rajaji Nagar (Bangalore). They did check for error codes, but none found. However, the clutch was almost at the end of its life span with 1.5 Lakh KM on the ODO. SA suggested to replace the entire clutch assembly and steering rack, that was also due for replacement. Though this was not directly related to the RPM issue, I gave my consent to replace both.

Magic moment – RPM issue completely resolved, and it never appears almost for 4-month period. Unfortunately, I met with a minor accident due to a DOG HIT on the highway resulting in damaged radiator, intercooler, bumper and few cable cuts. However, the damaged parts were replaced, and the car was back on the road.

Here comes the horror again, much to my disappointment I once again noticed Idle RPM raising and have no clue what the cause is, but I’m 100% sure there was no issues during the 4-month period.

So once again visited the service station, ran the diagnostics but no errors. However, this time they did updated the software and since then Idle RRM is stable. Its almost 4 weeks now, I went home “Chennai” for Christmas and returned two days back, also went on a joy ride to Pondicherry, overall 1000+KMs covered in the past one week, but Idle RPM is stable, otherwise issue would have appeared with in 1 or 2 km’s of drive.

Conclusion

Initial clutch replacement resolved the issue for me and later with the software update. I don’t see the issue anymore, I’m not sure what version or patch was updated, I’ll try to find.

I asked SA on the root cause or how the clutch replacement and software update related to the issue but no logical or convincing answer.
glovins2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 19:45   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovins2004 View Post
Initial clutch replacement resolved the issue for me and later with the software update. I don’t see the issue anymore, I’m not sure what version or patch was updated, I’ll try to find.

I asked SA on the root cause or how the clutch replacement and software update related to the issue but no logical or convincing answer.
Increased idle speed has nothing to do with the use of Xtragreen nor would it be due to the clutch. VW diagnostics is very elaborate and it will show up in the diagnostics why the idle speed was increased. Usually the most common reason is when the battery state of charge is lower and there is power consumption. If I have used the car for a long time without engine running only in accessory mode, the idle speed of my Slavia also becomes 1000RPM for a while after which it settles down at its usual speed around 700RPM.

Overall my experience with Xtragreen has been very good so far and for the Crysta we have completely switched to XG. The engine no longer sounds like a truck and is very brisk to accelerate with almost no clatter. With regular diesel, the engine clatter was very high.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks