Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2023, 13:32   #1291
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Thanks for this exhaustive review of Jimny, Samba. Just need your suggestion, you know me how I drive and what I love to do with my car , will it be wise to sell my Brownie and replace with Jimny?
Sayata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 13:54   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
As per Youtube video :
The invoice is charged at 17% cess, but current applicable cess is 22%.

https://www.paisabazaar.com/tax/gst-...h%20as%2050%25.

Last edited by Blackwing : 22nd April 2023 at 14:02.
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:15   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post

This website shows 17% cess on 1500cc engine capacity car

https://www.bajajfinservmarkets.in/g...-vehicles.html
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:21   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind422 View Post
Here's something for the few people who look forward to a 215/70R15 upgrade for the Jimny.

There's an LT option from Bridgestone available. I recently went to my cousins house and noticed that this is the exact tyre size that his Isuzu DMax 2WD single cab has.
LT tyres are more for load carrying vehicles - fitted on the Jimny, it will give you a bone jarring ride and I would not recommend it at all.

Given that the stock Bridgestone Duelers (195/80R15) are not proper A/T tyres, I understand the need for an upgrade for someone looking to do a lot of off-roading (more than “occasional”).

I would point you towards the 205/70R15 size if you’re ok with a 20mm reduction in ground clearance - you have A/T options from Conti, Yokohama and JK.

In the 215/75R15 size there’s only the option of JK Ranger A/Ts. JK rangers are solid A/T tyres and have heard a few good reviews of them.

Cheers.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:33   #1295
BHPian

The prices are not surprising at all. Since the reveal, Maruti, through various "leaks", have said that the Jimny will be placed above the Brezza, and that the Fronx will be placed a bit below the Brezza.

I have booked the Zeta AT, and I'm expecting it to cost ~15 Lakhs on road in Tamilnadu. So, the new information matches my expectation.

Is it VFM compared to the Thar? Yes and no. The Zeta AT will be Approximately 4.5 lakhs cheaper than the 4WD Lx Hardtop version of the Thar. While the Thar gets a bigger engine, and a little more kit (alloys mainly), the Jimny scores well with a usable boot, five doors, and potentially better gas mileage. Heck, even the top of the line Alpha AT will be ~2.5 lakhs cheaper.

IMHO, as a 4X4, the Jimny is still VFM compared to the Thar. But as a lifestyle vehicle, it is not. I will retain my booking.
buzzy_boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:45   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
What is wrong with my current Pajero SFX that I need to replace it with something half its size?

Super confused at this point and I guess this anxiety is unwarranted until the official prices are revealed.
Not sure what the confusion is; those two are not even in the same league. I wouldn't even think of replacing the Pajero with a Jimny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Or whether to let go of my beloved 9 year old Gypsy and buy the Jimny.
This ^ here is legit; and makes sense to replace a previous gen with the newer.
fjcruiser08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:50   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post

In the 215/75R15 size there’s only the option of JK Ranger A/Ts. JK rangers are solid A/T tyres and have heard a few good reviews of them.

Cheers.
I will upgrade to 215/75R15, any other AT tyres manufacturer apart from JK, (Maxxis, radar, Goodrich , ultramile) which are readily available and have good reviews?

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 22nd April 2023 at 14:52.
Old 22nd April 2023, 15:05   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post

Compensation Cess @ 22% is applicable on motor vehicles which satisfy ALL the following four criteria:
- Popularly known as SUV;
- Engine capacity exceeds 1500 cc;
- Length exceeds 4000 mm &
- Ground Clearance 170 mm or more.
Jimny’s engine is less than 1500 cc (1462 cc) & also length less than 4000 mm (3985 mm), so this vehicle does not fall under 22% cess bracket.
Rahul Lal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 15:25   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
3 Door Jimnys worldwide are painted like this so I dont see much hope to get the frame painted in black. Even if you look under bonnet, you can see the body paint ending as gradient which is an eyesore.
Good, in a sense.

Consider this all the more reason to get a high quality aftermarket undercoat (in balck). Afterall, you never know when you might encounter rust inducing salty seawater or stubborn sticky mud.

I mean, this vehicle is also meant for these kinda things too, right

Last edited by aravind422 : 22nd April 2023 at 15:26. Reason: Missed a word.
aravind422 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 16:00   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
LT tyres are more for load carrying vehicles - fitted on the Jimny, it will give you a bone jarring ride and I would not recommend it at all.
LT tyres will certainly take a toll, not just on our bones, but also on the whole vehicle (bushes, joints, shocks, etc).

I was actually hoping that some manufacturer would have a passenger tyre in that size. My cousin uses that vehicle for his business, so he's OK with the LT's but for all we know, there might be others using 'P' rated tyres on the DMax for more comfort. We will just have to search for it.

From my own experience (for a different vehicle), I had almost paid a friend to bring me a pair of 205/70R15's from abroad, just before I discovered that it was suddenly available in India. I then bought them from here. You never know when a manufacturer introduces a new tyre size.

By the way, the tyre size in question will show a very minor odo & speedo error on the Jimny. Now thats something I don't like at all. So if I do buy a Jimny, I will be upgrading to a different tyre size.

Cheers.
Old 22nd April 2023, 16:59   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
I will upgrade to 215/75R15, any other AT tyres manufacturer apart from JK, (Maxxis, radar, Goodrich , ultramile) which are readily available and have good reviews?
Apollo has just launched Apterra AT2 in 215/75R15 size (non White Lettering). I am using AT2 in my Scorpio S10 (265/65R17) and love these. Please keep this in mind while shopping.

Continental Conti Cross Contract 215/75 R15 is also a good option in the same size.

Last edited by purohitanuj : 22nd April 2023 at 17:01.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 19:28   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Could be but unlikely as these firms follow standards like CMMI level. Only way it could be different would be terming this a “pre production” unit making it expensive to manufacture. A clear copy is also attached for everyone’s reference.

Attachment 2442650
What does "#1 Assessable value" implies in the invoice ?
It is mentioned in the invoice above CGST & SGST.
Old 22nd April 2023, 21:53   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ton Ami View Post
In simple words the assessable value is the value of goods determined for selling by its manufacturer. On this value GST & other applicable taxes are levied.
Old 22nd April 2023, 22:10   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ton Ami View Post
Assessed valve generally means total value of goods including the cost of products, transportation cost up to the buyer's location and insurance. This could be a value that changes over time based on multiple factors. Thus 2 invoices of "same" thing can be different.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 00:54   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes in Blr this top spec Alpha AT will work out to 18 lacs on road. The Alpha MT will hit 17 ish. At these prices the automatic comparison will be to the Thar and so on.

Me, I think the dynamics and behaviour of the MT Jimny will be better than the AT on highways but the AT will be better in city and for the novice off roader.

I am, like you, deeply confused so I cant answer your question or even suggest that you should let go of your Pajero which is streets above anything in India right now. Your Pajero is a Fortuner or even Land Cruiser rival.

I cannot make up my mind whether to let go of my 26 month old Thar AT Petrol and buy the Jimny. Or whether to let go of my beloved 9 year old Gypsy and buy the Jimny.

As you say all this anxiety is worthless until the actual prices are revealed and until one is able to test drive the MT and AT variants. Also a good idea to wait for the Thar 5 door and see how that is.
Hey Shankar. Your love for “jeepy things” is for everybody to see!

I’d suggest that you consider selling Gypsy for Jimny.

Thar 4X4 is a bit bigger, and ultimately different in feel compared to Jimny, even though they solve same purpose. Gypsy on the other hand is 2 gen old Jimny, so you are essentially replacing like for like. It’s another matter that once you have both Jimny and Thar, you may be confused which one to drive when you have specific purpose. Maybe you could eventually replace 3 door Thar with 5 door. Or Wrangler. Or a luxury tourer. Like a BMW X3

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 23rd April 2023 at 00:59.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks