Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 13:48   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

With the Fronx ranging from 7.46L to 13.13L, I feel Jimny will be in between this. Reason being that the higher priced variants of Fronx are 1.0L boosterjet with 6 speed AT whereas Jimny will have the 1.5L K15B with 4 speed AT. My prediction would be starting price of 9.89-9.99 for Zeta Manual to 12.49-12.99L for Alpha AT. The Jimny will not be getting many electronic gizmos that Fronx has so that may help in balancing out the prices. When is the schedule for price release of Jimny?
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 13:53   #1322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post

At the outset, I feel the Jimny is overpriced if the actual price would be anywhere close to this predicted or estimated price.
40-50% more than what it is really worth?! I think these are best bought in preowned market once the early fad wears out and reality strikes I won't be surprised if Maruti actually price is at this level lol. Everybody else is doing it, so why can't sales chart topper brand not do it!
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 14:13   #1323
BHPian

Jimny 5 door in white & red .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
40-50% more than what it is really worth?! I think these are best bought in preowned market once the early fad wears out and reality strikes I won't be surprised if Maruti actually price is at this level lol. Everybody else is doing it, so why can't sales chart topper brand not do it!
At this pricing Jimny will not make into second hand market soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakkali_ View Post
Thanks a lot Samba, especially for the final picture. It settles the debate as to the Nexa blue vs Bluish black. The bluish black is infact the same as the one we see outside India. Having seen couple of videos of Jimny in a dark blue avatar had me in doubts as the blue Jimnys released outside India are a tad bit lighter.
Nexa blue is not sold in international markets. They might introduce with 5 dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post
Recently received a predicted price break-up of Jimny from a friend. Sharing for the forum.
At the outset, I feel the Jimny is overpriced if the actual price would be anywhere close to this predicted or estimated price.

Attachment 2443390
Pricing between manual and automatic variants is wrong.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 24th April 2023 at 14:19.
Vulken Auto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 14:46   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post

Jimny 5 door in white & red . .
These are not real pics/videos but hue/saturation edited of the Kinetic green. I would not make any decision based on these videos.
purohitanuj is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 15:43   #1325

Looks like some one from Toyota is pricing new MSIL cars, 16.5 lakhs approx. OTR in places like Bangalore & Hyderabad for a crossover based on Baleno is Obnoxious, Jimny will be priced at equal or greater price than Fronx. The Grand Vitara E Hybrid starts at 23.15 Lakh and the all grip model is at 21.5 lakh approx OTR, The GV makes more sense at this point of time even inside the MSIL stable.
beingsidd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 17:20   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Jimny Price chart breakup as per my analysis

Attachment 2442677
Did Financialexpress.com bluntly copy my data or is my analysis spot-on?

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-finexporess.jpg
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 17:52   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Too much of a price difference between Zeta and Alpha MT. Ideally it should not be more than 80-90k but with Maruti you never know.
I’m just hoping they go for some introductory pricing like the other manufacturers.
Zanskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:19   #1328
BHPian

On the topic of convincing oneself...

Was watching A Man Called Otto film on Netflix (a nice heart-warming poignant movie) where Tom Hanks finally gets himself a truck grinning says "this is living!".

Fittingly, Otto was a Lonely Old Man all by himself
RoadFiend is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:27   #1329
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
On the topic of convincing oneself...

Was watching A Man Called Otto film on Netflix (a nice heart-warming poignant movie) where Tom Hanks finally gets himself a truck grinning says "this is living!".

Fittingly, Otto was a Lonely Old Man all by himself
Read The Cat that Walked by Himself by Rudyard Kipling in Just So Stories. He walked byHimself, all on His Wild Lone….
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 23:42   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did Financialexpress.com bluntly copy my data or is my analysis spot-on?

Attachment 2443552
These prices ranges are identical to the Brezza and within a few thousands of it. Will MSIL price the two cars so close to each other?

Does it mean you can either buy a fully loaded Brezza or a sparsely equipped Jimny but with a 4x4?

Is that what Maruti's strategy is?
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 08:01   #1331
BHPian

Wow .. so much detailed work on costing and pricing of Jimmy. The intense excitement tells me that it will be a premium priced car. Maruti guys read this forum and will surely weaponize our discussions :-).
Jokes apart costing alone may not decide the prices for a very niche product with a crazy following. Why price it less when you can make so much money, looking at the clamour for it for years, unprecedented press coverage of its launch and so many bookings. Though hope it is priced reasonably.
neerajku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 10:27   #1332
Senior - BHPian

The reality is that those who've been clamouring for it will constitute a minority in the number of bookings MSIL have received. The rest have booked based on how it looks. When aspirational pricing is announced, the faithful will find alternatives and the casual bookings will get de-booked. I expect to see mass de-bookings if the price touches 16L OTR.

This won't bother MSIL because they are not looking at the domestic market for volumes. I don't think they will bother at all if 35000 bookings comes down by half.
gsferrari is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:23   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
These prices ranges are identical to the Brezza and within a few thousands of it. Will MSIL price the two cars so close to each other?

Does it mean you can either buy a fully loaded Brezza or a sparsely equipped Jimny but with a 4x4?

Is that what Maruti's strategy is?
Yes I believe so. You see that the Brezza and Jimny are two extreme opposites when it comes it customer base. For example, I don't see Brezza as Brezza but I see it as a mono-coupe, not-so-abuse friendly car for paved roads and high speed.
However, Jimny excites my due to its ladder frame, raised body shell, and also 4x4 hardware. I would never think of Brezza as option opposed to Jimny. More likely, I will consider Bolero Neo as a contender here.
That said, I dont really understand point in 4x2 Thar when people have access to Bolero Neo (other than the 6 Speed MT and AT option).
For ladder frame loves, cars like Brezza, Grand Vitara, Fronx simply does not exists. We only see Scorpio, Thar, Hexa, Bolero (Neo) on road. Rest is just noise & chaos.
purohitanuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:33   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I believe so. You see that the Brezza and Jimny are two extreme opposites when it comes it customer base. For example, I don't see Brezza as Brezza but I see it as a mono-coupe, not-so-abuse friendly car for paved roads and high speed.
However, Jimny excites my due to its ladder frame, raised body shell, and also 4x4 hardware. I would never think of Brezza as option opposed to Jimny. More likely, I will consider Bolero Neo as a contender here.
That said, I dont really understand point in 4x2 Thar when people have access to Bolero Neo (other than the 6 Speed MT and AT option).
For ladder frame loves, cars like Brezza, Grand Vitara, Fronx simply does not exists. We only see Scorpio, Thar, Hexa, Bolero (Neo) on road. Rest is just noise & chaos.
The point of the RWD Thar is pretty clear. It provides a lower entry point to macho looks and road presence and a Wrangler clone for people who buy it only for this reason (Majority of people). Secondly it provides competition to Jimny.

With Mahindra also launching a base variant AX AC as per media reports, even the 4x4 will have a lower entry point. Jimny pricing sure has its work cut out for itself.

As per customer base, the idea to bring the 5 door Jimny is justified only if Maruti thought that they could offer the aam aadmi an affordable 4x4 which could double up as a city car too, otherwise they could have just launched the 3D Jimny without investing millions in a new assembly line.
Interesting times ahead.

A previous post by me where I quoted Mr. Cv Raman from MSIL talking exactly the same thing further makes me believe that the Jimny was meant for the mass market and to open up the 4x4 culture to a larger audience. This same audience is no offloading junkie but given the option (priced right) would not hesitate buying it.

This also means that if you price the Jimny too high or close to Brezza then this same mass market audience will gravitate towards Brezza for its creature comforts and sacrifice the 4x4 and offloading in the blink of an eye.

Last edited by Traveler : 25th April 2023 at 11:55.
Traveler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:53   #1335
BHPian

Now that the pricing of Fronx is out, and for majority of the folks the car is overpriced for what its worth. I am sure Maruti is going to feel the same in terms of a dull market response (I hope so).

It's a good news for people eyeing the Jimny as I feel Maruti will not make two price blunders in a row. At least they'll be bound to introduce some sort of attractive introductory pricing which is going to help folks who have booked early.
Sherlocked is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks