Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 10:05   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

This could also be a "Let's leak this and see the response of the market/public" activity by MSIL. Boring morning, just throwing some wood on the fire to sustain the discussion
gsferrari is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 10:11   #1307
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
This could also be a "Let's leak this and see the response of the market/public" activity by MSIL. Boring morning, just throwing some wood on the fire to sustain the discussion
Funnily enough this thought crossed my mind too.
But I dont really think the Maruti folks are as evolved in their thought processes and/ or inclined in this way towards experimentative punts of this kind. They are more probably just a bunch of ‘babus’ with ‘neanderthal attitudes’.
Old 23rd April 2023, 10:33   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Apollo has just launched Apterra AT2 in 215/75R15 size (non White Lettering). I am using AT2 in my Scorpio S10 (265/65R17) and love these. Please keep this in mind while shopping.

Continental Conti Cross Contract 215/75 R15 is also a good option in the same size.
I'm inclined towards RT tyres from radar for agressive looks else will stay with GF Goodrich K02. Both cost the same 14999/tire .
Old 23rd April 2023, 12:07   #1309
BHPian

Holding prospective Customers' pre-booking amount of Rs. 25,000/- for more than 04 (four) months without any information to them for target dates of car Launch, price reveal and delivery start is simply equivalent to "cheating" and "fraud" to the stakeholders of MSIL. This is not a good business ethics by a Japanese Corporation.

Since MSIL is operating from India and our laws, rules and regulations are tailor made to protect the cheaters and fraudsters and provide them an escape route, they are able to do this with their Customers. I am surprised to see how low a Japanese conglomerate can stoop.

Now, some members would retaliate why don't you cancel and get your 100% refund. That's my wish, I am an existing Customer and also a tiny profit is shared with us. Hence, we have the right to criticize this company if we see something against ethics.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th April 2023 at 04:50. Reason: Use of all caps
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:38   #1310
BHPian

BHPians,
I have a query I quote MSIL website "Cancellation charges (Of Rs 500) will be applicable for booking done from the date of Launch (after official price reveal) of the vehicle". Now, I might be wrong, but does this mean that if one cancels before the price reveal date, they would get full amount refunded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Holding prospective Customers' pre-booking amount of Rs. 25,000/- for more than 04 (four) months .....

Now, some members would retaliate why don't you cancel and get your 100% refund. That's my wish, I am an existing Customer and also a tiny profit is shared with us. Hence we have right to criticize this company if we see something against ethics.
Not sure why you paid 25000, I think even if one e-Books the Jimny, the cost is 11,000 INR. Please do check with your dealer on this amount and and also do seek response from dealer (through which you booked) on possible timelines etc. I believe they should have rough timelines that they can share with you.
Also, very humbly I'd say its not right on this forum to pre-empt any responses to hint cancellation as "retaliation". Hope you take this feedback in positive light.

Please do ignore the 11000 INR booking amount. I was mistaken with Fronx/XL6 booking amounts on e-booking website.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd April 2023 at 19:50. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
hp52_vishy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 14:24   #1311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Jimny actual body width is 1475 mm, which is equal to the Maruti Suzuki Eeco van+ 85 mm thick plastic wheel arch cladding on each of the sides (which is actually non-functional width that cannot be utilised). That makes the total Jimny width= 1475+(2x85)= 1645 mm.
I have seen multiple posts comparing Jimny to Eeco van as if Eeco van is small and inferior. Eeco is one of the biggest sellers for Maruti and is always in top 10 every month. It is NOT small at all.

EECO is a proper VAN with real wheel drive and it is spacious, can easily haul 7 people with luggage on roof and is rugged as hell. Its space is what lends Eeco to be used as a proper ambulance in many urban/rural areas. Thanks to its rear wheel drive setup, it doesn't fret even in rural off-road or hilly terrains.

Many Eeco's have completed several lakh kms. That speaks for the quality, ruggedness and reliability. That's why it is huge seller. It is priced cheaper only because it lacks many basic features like Power Steering, power windows etc. otherwise it is a tough, quality product with good space inside.

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 23rd April 2023 at 14:30.
tarmacnaut is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 17:54   #1312
Senior - BHPian

The Jimny is by no means cramped. If your expectations are for a small automatic vehicle that also has 4x4, this ticks all the boxes. For me it is maybe 3-4" too narrow. A few more inches shoulder room could have opened up the Jimny to a wider (literally) audience and maybe allowed them to use the Baleno seats as well as tumble forward split seats in the middle row. It might have also been a usable 5 seater.

You've gone and made it significantly longer than the 3 door, why not a few miserly inches wider? Instead of retooling the dashboard they could use a wider door pad with speakers and water bottle holders.

I am sure there would have been other considerations that stopped them from doing this. I'm going to assume they considered it but got vetoed for very good reasons.
gsferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 09:03   #1313
BHPian

Isn't road tax calculated on the pre showroom price (or whatever it is called) in some states - the amount before VAT?

All the online calculators were taxing my scorpio an Z6 AT D AT BS6.2 at 6% on the ex showroom. I was alarmed to learn that my dealer taxed me on the sales price (11.5L instead of 16.95L) and thus my 6% RTO tax effectively became 4.35% of the ex showroom price.

As a result I paid less than 74K tax in chandigarh when I'd paid 1.3+ (and green tax, another 13.5K) on my Thar two years back in noida.

If the air is cleared, it will make the pricing proposition of the base variant of the Jimny easier to predict.
Old 24th April 2023, 09:06   #1314
BHPian

Or is it a trick by Maruti to judge people sentiments?, by leaking prices "unkowingly". All those who have booked Jimny, please do call up your sales guy and enquire about cancellation. Let the message pass through to ther top tier that we are not interested in Jimny at this price. Maybe sense would prevail at the management room.
nettooran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 09:25   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Me, I think the dynamics and behaviour of the MT Jimny will be better than the AT on highways but the AT will be better in city and for the novice off roader.
It would be interesting to know how dynamics is affected by transmission type. Please elaborate.
Blooming Flower is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 10:51   #1316

Thanks a lot Samba, especially for the final picture. It settles the debate as to the Nexa blue vs Bluish black. The bluish black is infact the same as the one we see outside India. Having seen couple of videos of Jimny in a dark blue avatar had me in doubts as the blue Jimnys released outside India are a tad bit lighter.

Last edited by thakkali_ : 24th April 2023 at 10:56. Reason: Added a detail
Old 24th April 2023, 11:18   #1317

So @thakkali, what’s your choice? Blueish Black or Nexa Blue?
Old 24th April 2023, 12:06   #1318
BHPian

Recently received a predicted price break-up of Jimny from a friend. Sharing for the forum.
At the outset, I feel the Jimny is overpriced if the actual price would be anywhere close to this predicted or estimated price.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimny.jpeg
Old 24th April 2023, 12:28   #1319
BHPian

Welp!! Looks like MSIL is going to screw up big time on the pricing part I guess. My usage will just be Home-Office-Home (30 kms) and occasional drives. Still I booked a 4X4, the only reason I've booked a Jimny because of my love towards the car. I drove it extensively when I was in UK and loved every inch of it. The simplicity, compactness and ease of ownership. When it arrived in India, I had a hard time convincing my family to even book it in the first place. The rear seat is a little smaller than my current ride Ignis. Absolutely zero storage spaces and day to day practicality.

But looking at the prices, my family will grill with questions on Why and if its really worth it. If the above pricing is true, I'll shift my booking to a Grand Vitara or something else.

I hope it doesn't have to come to it.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th April 2023 at 16:08. Reason: Minor typo.
TorqueSteer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 13:44   #1320
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the Fronx pricing, have to sadly accept the fact that the Jimny pricing will be as leaked.

Ofcourse, the Fronx turbo has a new engine and the 6 speed auto. Still, not sure if Maruti will allow the Jimny and Fronx variants to overlap each other.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks