Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2007, 22:18   #346
BANNED

Hello guys there will be no danger in driving getz diesel without ABS. Coz i have driven verna diesel without ABS in city . long drives and u dont feel anything lacks in the breaking department it has nice brakes. And the cars with ABS are not good for rough and sandy roads bcoz on these roads they take longer ditance to stop as compared to non abs barke system and this is specially written in the hyundai service book also. I myself own a accent crdi and it has ABS and i have checked the braking distance with abs and without abs on sandy and rough roads and believe me i felt more confident without abs on rough and sandy roads. Hey but i m not saying abs is a bad thing to have but don't rely on abs too much bcoz abs alone cannot save u from any accident its ur driving skills and the safe ways of driving. yes hyundai is of course charging a premium for the NON ABS diesel model but its their toy and they are free to handle it as they wish . So friends dont worry much about abs still hyundai is good company and have some of the best engineers with them so they r confident and they must have done a good R&D that it can do without abs so thats why they have launched it without abs .
Old 6th October 2007, 22:28   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
Hello guys there will be no danger in driving getz diesel without ABS. Coz i have driven verna diesel without ABS in city . long drives and u dont feel anything lacks in the breaking department it has nice brakes. And the cars with ABS are not good for rough and sandy roads bcoz on these roads they take longer ditance to stop as compared to non abs barke system and this is specially written in the hyundai service book also. I myself own a accent crdi and it has ABS and i have checked the braking distance with abs and without abs on sandy and rough roads and believe me i felt more confident without abs on rough and sandy roads. Hey but i m not saying abs is a bad thing to have but don't rely on abs too much bcoz abs alone cannot save u from any accident its ur driving skills and the safe ways of driving. yes hyundai is of course charging a premium for the NON ABS diesel model but its their toy and they are free to handle it as they wish . So friends dont worry much about abs still hyundai is good company and have some of the best engineers with them so they r confident and they must have done a good R&D that it can do without abs so thats why they have launched it without abs .

1.Accent CRDi never came with ABS.
2.Verna CRDi without ABS is very skittish compared to ABS version especially on stock tyres(i have driven both cars for thousands of kms)
3.The best thing about ABS is that steering control is not lost at hard braking,so having experienced both version i would say ABS is ages better than non ABS version.
Old 6th October 2007, 22:33   #348
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

1.Accent CRDi never came with ABS.
2.Verna CRDi without ABS is very skittish compared to ABS version especially on stock tyres(i have driven both cars for thousands of kms)
3.The best thing about ABS is that steering control is not lost at hard braking,so having experienced both version i would say ABS is ages better than non ABS version.
why not there is option in the fuse box under the hood there if u want abs u can put the fuse and if u dont u can pluck it out and the hyundai service manger did this for me.
Old 6th October 2007, 22:51   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
why not there is option in the fuse box under the hood there if u want abs u can put the fuse and if u dont u can pluck it out and the hyundai service manger did this for me.
wth is your car equipped with ABS ?
Old 6th October 2007, 23:37   #350
Senior - BHPian

There is/was never ABS offered in the Accent CRDi. The Petrol versions came with ABS and it was a default setting to have a place for ABS fuse in the fuse box. Your car surely doesnot have any ABS even if you plug it,
Old 7th October 2007, 00:24   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
There is/was never ABS offered in the Accent CRDi. The Petrol versions came with ABS and it was a default setting to have a place for ABS fuse in the fuse box. Your car surely doesnot have any ABS even if you plug it,
Oh thaaaaaank you BUSA. I thought Hyundai developed something in which u just plug in fuse and yer car has ABS (Another Breaking System)

BTW any test drive ppl.
Old 7th October 2007, 01:15   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
so when inserted the fuse did u observe that the braking distances grew and it was better before inserting the fuse.Ill go and check my car for ESP and SRS.(no offences meant,sorry starhoney)
Old 7th October 2007, 02:24   #353
BHPian

So, any idea when Getz CRDi will be available for TD in Delhi?
Old 7th October 2007, 11:15   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
So, any idea when Getz CRDi will be available for TD in Delhi?
Please do inform me the same if someone gets to know about it.

I visited Hyundai motor plaza on mathra road and they told me that the TD car hasnt yet started yet from chennai so i dont think theres a chance this week.
Old 7th October 2007, 15:36   #355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Leave it guys... He has been mislead by someone from the service centre!

honey_starhoney:- No one here is an expert. So, welcome along, and read more about such stuff. And DONT blindly trust what service centre guys say!

By the way, ask for another service manager next time you go for service, and give the old guy a piece of your mind.
Old 8th October 2007, 08:33   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Please do inform me the same if someone gets to know about it.

I visited Hyundai motor plaza on mathra road and they told me that the TD car hasnt yet started yet from chennai so i dont think theres a chance this week.
Plaza Mathura is not at all good. Their sales person don't even know what is "DOHC" haha. When i had been their service station for my regular service of the car, in the mean time i had been to their showroom for Sonata's test ride as i was very much interested in AGCS used in sonata. dunno if AGCS is there in Sonata Emberra in India? So, in the showroom i was telling my friend about the proper working of DOHC and SOHC engines. Sales Guy was sitting near us and he came to me and asked me "What is DOHC you are talking about in Verna or Sonata" I was like damn What the hell? dude they don't know anything.

I asked them about the mileage of Verna VGT, as i was interested to buy it. Last month i registered my Verna but Cancelled it and waiting for New Elantra.... Bigger VGT engine. I heard they will be using the same engine in Sonata Crdi.
2.0L VGT... Wow!! Torque slightly more than magnum. Dang!!
Old 8th October 2007, 12:44   #357
BHPian

Is the noise inside cabin comparable to petrol?

Is the NVH of Verna or Getz diesel comparable to a petrol one? Many have written about them and Swift diesel engines as comparable to those of petrol versions. Is it true?
Old 8th October 2007, 15:57   #358
RMB
BHPian

Trident sales guy called me today. They are taking booking for Getz CRDi. He said there is already waiting period of 1.5months. This was strange because when I asked have you started delivering the vehicle? he said 'No'.

He said demo vehicle has not come yet. He confirmed about the engine, that it is 110bhp, but said it is differently mapped than Verna, making peak power higher in the rev range.

He said he called just to keep me informed. I am already getting impressed with Hyundai customer care. But told him will decide on after TD about booking.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:04   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Is the NVH of Verna or Getz diesel comparable to a petrol one? Many have written about them and Swift diesel engines as comparable to those of petrol versions. Is it true?
Yes it is,infact at some revs verna is queiter than some petrol cars(for reference ikon flair,the other car i drive).
Old 8th October 2007, 16:07   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Trident sales guy called me today. They are taking booking for Getz CRDi. He said there is already waiting period of 1.5months. This was strange because when I asked have you started delivering the vehicle? he said 'No'.
So Hyundai expects people to book Getz D without a test drive & a waiting period of 1.5 mnths?

Are they aping the MUL style of selling Swift?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks