Basically

Speeds-----------------Getz-----Swift
20-80 (3rd Gear)----13.06s----11.96s
40-100 (4th Gear)---16.05s----14.14s
How contradictory. OD has these timings:

20-80 (3rd Gear)----11.93s----13.99s
40-100 (4th Gear)---14.46ss----14.52s

How confusing will that be to a reader who reads both the mags.
Old 3rd November 2007, 09:55   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

I know what you mean Bro., I read both the mags too.

Last edited by vibzez : 3rd November 2007 at 09:55. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 3rd November 2007, 10:42   #558
BHPian

uhhhm I am confused now
maybe the drivers of one magazine suck at driving getz and the other suck at driving a swift
Old 4th November 2007, 01:51   #559
BHPian

Quote:

That sounds much more realistic comparing the pwr/wt ratio.
Old 4th November 2007, 01:57   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One of them is lying, and with the Getz having 35% more power and almost the same advantage in Torque, it isnt hard to find out who.

I havent read the whole article, but I understand the Swift 'won' over the Getz because of 1 or 2 kmpl more in Economy, which I think is bovine excreta. If they had rated the Swift ahead on stuff like handling and more importantly pricing, it makes sense.

But such is the state of affairs in the Auto Journalism scene in India that you cannot rely on any one of them. They all have their 'favourites'.
Old 4th November 2007, 15:14   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But such is the state of affairs in the Auto Journalism scene in India that you cannot rely on any one of them. They all have their 'favourites'.
Its a rule in Indian Automotive Journalism, the cheaper car wins, case in point Chevy UVA BSMotorings Car of the Year
Old 4th November 2007, 15:27   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I havent read the whole article, but I understand the Swift 'won' over the Getz because of 1 or 2 kmpl more in Economy, which I think is bovine excreta.
ROTF!!!

And i totally agree! SOme of these mags are plain rubbish!!

Elito
Old 4th November 2007, 21:27   #563
BHPian

Quote:
I havent read the whole article, but I understand the Swift 'won' over the Getz because of 1 or 2 kmpl more in Economy, which I think is bovine excreta. If they had rated the Swift ahead on stuff like handling and more importantly pricing, it makes sense.
Hi Sterroid, somehow, I have a feeling that you have a strong bias for Getz in your posts (I may be wrong though). I read the entire article and ACI definitely did not focus much about the FE part. It will be even more informative and productive if we all discuss things keeping the bias off ( no offense pls, thats my personal take).
Old 5th November 2007, 08:58   #564
BHPian

I think most of the folks are always biased towards Maruti Swift.
Apart from brand, I think one major factor that goes with Swift is Price which is SO much important to buyers in India. Even Homa Sorabji of Autocar India(CNBCTV18 Auto Show) gives biased views. Since he loves Swift he talks about good of Swift while not cribbing about minuses too much. Where as for Getz all the minuses(especially price) are higlighted with lot of noise. So it depends which one you like, then you talk for that...

But Getz may not be for masses, it could for niche segment who loves power. Agreed, it should have had GLS features, agreed it should've had ABS option. I think Hyundai too did bad job with that. It has VGT and they never use that in advertisment. Had maruti had VGT then everyone would have known by now. DDiS launch reached so well to common man where as only geeks like us knows the CRDI-VGT. Does anyone remember Sania with Getz ? and now deilvery of the Getz D only in Jan-08 last week or by 2nd week Feb-08 !!. Now thats very bad from Hyundai ain't it ?

I admire DDiS Fiat engine of Swift,its color options,handling,good variants and thats pretty much it.
I love CRDI VGT,space,built/ride quality,better ergonomics. But not happy with how Hyndai is killing this car by bad promos,delivery time,lack of good variants(GLS,ABS etc).
If I were Hyundai I would've launched Ex shr. 5.45-GVS, 5.65-GLS, 5.9 GLX but Hyundai doesn't think it cant make profit with above pricing -.

After all these discussion, I feel All odds are agianst Getz D to sell like Swift(most of odds created by Hyundai).
It might find only niche customers before i20 (gets another Getz fate if Hyundai manages the way its doing now) story kicks it out in 2009.

cheers
Anju
Old 5th November 2007, 10:53   #565
BHPian

Diesel Getz has not reached Pune yet

I'd gone to Sanjay Hyundai this weekend to check out the i10 and while I was talking to the salesperson I also asked him about the Getz Diesel. He said that none of the dealerships in Pune have received the Getz Diesel and that it has only been launched in a few cities like Delhi.
Old 6th November 2007, 22:12   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I learnt from reliable source in hyundai that ABS option will be added soon, like they did for Accent/ Verna.
Any ideas of timings, PatienceWins?
Old 6th November 2007, 22:40   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It might as well remain that way, no? Atleast in this case. Hyundai cares more about the i10. The Getz isn't exactly setting Hyundai sales charts on fire. Hyundai never has been any good with cars priced at a premium. This one is some 6.70 OTR in Mumbai. And for that money it doesn't have a lot of kit. Not everybody cares so much for 110 bhp and 24 kgm of torque.

Shreenath Hyundai doesn't have a car for TD. They are one of Mumbai's biggest Hyundai dealers. They have no information about the Getz D, except one printed price list. Not even a colourful brochure. I was told to buy a car without TD. And I would still have to wait till January 2008 for delivery. It took me 15 minutes to find Getz D on the HMIL website. And that too only on the Technical Specifications. All main pages only mention the 1.1L and the 1.3L.

Now if it is HMIL's forbidden love child, why should we boil blood if a magazine review was a little biased. Only in this case though.
Old 6th November 2007, 23:03   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Any ideas of timings, PatienceWins?
He does not know when ABS would be launched.
Old 6th November 2007, 23:12   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Now if it is HMIL's forbidden love child, why should we boil blood if a magazine review was a little biased. Only in this case though.
Because the Magazine is talking about cars and not the manufacturer's treatment of the model.

Because the Magazine will never know what you just described since they never go to showrooms to test cars anyway.

And because they are supposed to test the cars abilities, and not their parentage.
Old 6th November 2007, 23:33   #570
BHPian

yeah thats true, you can only find the getz d in the tech specs on the hyundai india site and no where else. maybe internal politics - korean mgmt told indian mgmt to launch getz d and then indian mgmt forced marketing team to screw up the launch
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks