Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 12:01   #541
BHPian

i think we have said it plenty of times here, that the getz crdi is infact for the minute fraction of enthusiasts - anyone who is not will buy a cheaper hatch or a 3box no point in contesting over what the target market is again

Last edited by jassi : 1st November 2007 at 12:04.
Old 1st November 2007, 12:07   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The pricing is outrageous I think. Probably a 30k premium would be justifiable but 70k is way too much IMHO
I do agree with you, but 70k would be justified if there was ABS, body coloured mirrors, door handles, fogs and rear wiper wash. Anyways the pricing will get a revision.

Quote:
BTW long time no see on team-bhp for you?
Yeah was a bit busy, thanks for asking
Old 1st November 2007, 16:23   #543
BHPian

HMIL give us another version with ABS, Disc brakes allround, Rear wiper kit, rearspoiler, height adjustable driver seat at an additional Rs. 40000/-. With the fantastic interior space, better build quality and A.S.S when compared to the competition, it's worth the price. When you have given i10 with ABS, Airbags etc, Getz CRDi deserves them and some more.

-Harshavardhan
Old 1st November 2007, 20:30   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
Getz

+ Soft suspension takes bad roads with ease
+ Quicker than Ford 1.6 and Palio 1.6 (Petrols)
- Bad handling, Torque steer in bad roads

Other stats

-----------Getz----Swift------
0-60------4.91----5.43
0-100----11.32---13.87

20-80----13.06---11.96
40-100---16.05---14.14

Braking

80-0----31.31m--28.09m
looking at the reversal in the timing orders of 0-60/100 times vs the roll on figures 20-80/40-100. Quite interesting. Change in the final drive or the gear ratios vs the Verna.

Looks like will need after delivery suspension work to meet my likings. But then I represent a tiny fraction, who cares!

Although Swift brakes faster, but the Swift braking from high speeds is best termed as jittery as the car has tendency to fishtail quite a bit (maybe change of tyres is also mandated here to some extent).
Old 1st November 2007, 21:32   #545
Team-BHP Support

Hope you guys read bsmotoring report.

Top Story - Getz, set, go - Business Standard Motoring
Old 1st November 2007, 21:49   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hope you guys read bsmotoring report.

Excellent report. After reading the report I do not feel very bad about missing diesel.

CRDI strong point is performance. FE is not that great, considering it is a diesel. It is not refined, smooth and the excellent gear shift in petrol is missing.
Petrol is comfortable, refined, smooth and excellent gear shift (I am in love with the gear box. Its a pleasure to use it often). The power is good enough for bangalore traffic..
Old 1st November 2007, 21:58   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Excellent report. After reading the report I do not feel very bad about missing diesel.

CRDI strong point is performance. FE is not that great, considering it is a diesel. It is not refined, smooth and the excellent gear shift in petrol is missing.
Petrol is comfortable, refined, smooth and excellent gear shift (I am in love with the gear box. Its a pleasure to use it often). The power is good enough for bangalore traffic..
I would think that performance and "FE" are both diesel strong points now. Also strangely, after reading the report, I long for the Getz even more than before. Barring the high price, in my opinion its a very desirable car.
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:08   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quoting a specific portion from the above BSM link.

"One element that Hyundai has worked on in the Getz Prime, and deservingly so, is the suspension. The McPherson struts at front with a torsion beam and a torsion beam/coil spring setup at the rear has been tweaked to make the ride a bit more pliant. Gone is the tendency to roll – especially the sideways movement on bad roads – in comes better damping, and it absorbs impacts without affecting passengers. The outcome of this is however is that the Getz Prime CRDi has a tendency to dive and pitch, even more so with a heavier engine around the nose. Still, it's not too much of a cause for complaint, as the suspension is now more sorted for making occupants more comfortable. Okay, so it may have a hot engine under the hood, but it is not that great a handler. It is not exactly a corner carver, though it does its job around curves without much fuss. It's not the kind of car that will leave a smile on your face around curves, unlike the Swift, for instance. But with that motor under the hood, all is forgiven."
Old 2nd November 2007, 09:40   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Looks like will need after delivery suspension work to meet my likings. But then I represent a tiny fraction, who cares!

Although Swift brakes faster, but the Swift braking from high speeds is best termed as jittery as the car has tendency to fishtail quite a bit (maybe change of tyres is also mandated here to some extent).
Agreed for the average joe the Getz D is still going to appeal. But there is no way Id be happy for the CRDI in its stock avatar. Which means that 6.60OTR + lots of small & big aftermarket tweaks.

Swift might lag in the 1/4th mile and lose by a couple of seconds even but Id rather have a car ready for the ghats with just a minimal expense on rubber.
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:12   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Agreed for the average joe the Getz D is still going to appeal. But there is no way Id be happy for the CRDI in its stock avatar. Which means that 6.60OTR + lots of small & big aftermarket tweaks.

Swift might lag in the 1/4th mile and lose by a couple of seconds even but Id rather have a car ready for the ghats with just a minimal expense on rubber.
The swift handles like a dream on ghats.
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:22   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
after reading the report, I long for the Getz even more than before. Barring the high price, in my opinion its a very desirable car.
I agree. Seems like a car with lot of character. Although i think its a bit late in the day for Getz, its does look a fun, exciting car to own.

I guess people who own a Getz Petrol would understand and appeciate this report better.

Elito
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:28   #552
Senior - BHPian

I have not driven the CRDi beast. For me, refinement and comfort are as important as performance. I love 1.3 petrol and looking forward to the CRDI TD. If not for the price (as usual Hyundai with exception of Santro) and additional safety features as options, the CRDI seems like a killer.
I learnt from reliable source in hyundai that ABS option will be added soon, like they did for Accent/ Verna.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 2nd November 2007 at 11:31.
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:38   #553
Senior - BHPian

I think the Getz CRDi will carve its own niche in the market - It cannot compete in terms of sales with Swift Disel BUT then knowing Hyundai - it might have never wanted it to. Hyundai has its own Models which are selling - Santro, Getz1.1 and the most likely probable - i10 now !!

Also Verna has never been able to outsell the Fiesta BUT nevertheless Verna has its own number of takers. I know people who swear by their Verna's and I have driven the car - The power is scary at times.

I am waiting for a TD of the Getz now.

A huge mistake by Hyundai is not including ABS in hte high price tag - I think they ought to in that price - they will sell much more.

Inititally I had thought of buying this car BUT then after a lot of calculations I discovered, that I did not really require a Diesel and Petrol was good enough for me. So if I do buy a Hatch soon, It will be Getz 1.1 Petrol GVS ( 1.5 Lacs Cheaper than the CRDi !!! )
Old 2nd November 2007, 22:49   #554
BHPian

Acceleration Timings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
Please also mention the gears used for the roll-on timings. ACI clearly mentioned that due to the tall gearing of the Getz, the roll-ons were not evenly matched. 5th gear 40-100kmh dash, the Getz rpm was at 800 something, while at that very same speed, the swift engine was turning around 1100 rpm. Thus the swift was closer to the powerband. A 60-120kmh run would have yielded very different results.
Vibzez, the speed tests were taken in the third and fourth gears -

Basically

Speeds-----------------Getz-----Swift
20-80 (3rd Gear)----13.06s----11.96s
40-100 (4th Gear)---16.05s----14.14s

It again a consequence of long spaced gearbox. My cousin owns a Verna, he has the same complaints, basically you need to work too much with the gearbox when you drive in the city and this gets tiring after the initial josh fades.

Fiat has managed to extract a very impressive performance in 1248cc which is not only fuel efficient but also has NVH extremely low owing to small size, its infact smaller than the Swift petrol engine which is 1298cc. its tough to compete with Fiat in diesel tech, thats my take.

I would wait for Skoda Fabia which would be launched in Jan 2008 if I have to choose an other car than Swift Diesel if my wallet can take it.

Last edited by vishnugs : 2nd November 2007 at 22:56.
Old 3rd November 2007, 09:40   #555
BHPian

off topic
one of sales guys was telling me, Hyundai will launch more varients of Getz CRDI and i10 D & Santa Fe in Auto expo 2008 @ Delhi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks