Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 16:10   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The post #135, would have put your mind at ease. The pricing as mentioned in the HINDU seems to confirm a good move on part of FORD INDIA.

Now can we say KUDOS to Ford for getting it right ?

Cheers
The article is the same that we saw on AutoCar site! Not sure whether to believe it or not
Old 31st July 2008, 19:48   #137
Senior - BHPian

Diesel Ikon form Ford starting at 5L sounds too good to be true . I doubt it - if they undercut DeZire it will will kill their Fiesta - which is probably a better margin product for them.

Anyway, lets be hopeful.
Old 31st July 2008, 20:12   #138
BHPian

Looks like a brand new car to me.

Being a fiesta owner myself, I am pretty excited now that we have a brand new car from ford coming. Looks like its catching up in the 'game'. Also the new ikon might share only the name with the old car because looking at the front, it is a completely different car. I checked the Ford UK site and we dont have anything that is exactly like this. I am checking the Ford South Africa site as I type this, hopefully they will have his exact car. The market there is quite similar.

Nope nothing. Anyways. Good news people. 1.4TDCi is a marvel, I have taken many test drives on it, fusion as well as fiesta..
Old 31st July 2008, 20:16   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Diesel Ikon form Ford starting at 5L sounds too good to be true . I doubt it - if they undercut DeZire it will will kill their Fiesta - which is probably a better margin product for them.

Anyway, lets be hopeful.
5L ex-showroom is achievable considering the tools have paid back beyond their shelf life and at this price point, it isnt targetting the Fiesta but the dZire/Logan/Indigo killer.... the key to success is pricing and I hope FORD lives to our expectations.
Old 31st July 2008, 21:53   #140
Senior - BHPian

So if Ikon is getting the 1.4 TDCI around Nov. the Fiesta should get 1.6 TDCI around that time. Wont the resale of the Fiesta 1.4 TDCI be hit by this??
Also price would be a big factor here. Any guesses what ll be the price of Fiesta ZXI & SXI 1.6 TDCI???
Old 31st July 2008, 21:57   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post

the key to success is pricing and I hope FORD lives to our expectations.
I think pricing is half the job in case of Ford.
Ford also need to work out A.S & S. Maruti gives better A.S & S. experience. If Ford is not able to work out upon this factor, again all the efforts will go to waste.
Old 31st July 2008, 22:22   #142
Senior - BHPian

I interacted with the guys at metro ford at length and they agreed to the fact that Ford A.S.S leaves a lot to be desired and they are working on it. And I do believe them cos i had a fantastic experience this time. They also mentioned that Ford has cut down the prices of quite a few spares (some part which was 3k + is 700 bucks now) . I hope they carry on and give the customers an experience to remember (good one ) I also asked about the ikon diesel and they were pretty optimistic about it. Hell, they also said there might be an exchange scheme for existing owners Thats what I was interestd in, but if it looks like the pic here, well i will wait till the design grows on me , just like the santro did .
Old 1st August 2008, 00:25   #143
Team-BHP Support

The new OVERDRIVE is having spy pics of new ikon.

IMO, it looks real bad! I loved the old ikon for its looks!
Old 1st August 2008, 00:38   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

IMO, it looks real bad! I loved the old ikon for its looks!
The old outgoing ikon does really look good. This new one is trying to replicate the RS's i think. Seems the havent touched the rear at all. Probably clear lens
at the back.
Old 1st August 2008, 10:50   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
I checked the Ford UK site and we dont have anything that is exactly like this. I am checking the Ford South Africa site as I type this, hopefully they will have his exact car. The market there is quite similar.
abhi, the Ikon is a 3-box version of the older Euro-spec Fiesta. It was discontinued ages ago. The Ikon itself was conceived for developing markets like India that prefer a sedan to a hatch. India might be one of the only places to have the Ikon still in production. So I wouldn't be surprised if the cosmetic changes are India specific.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:35   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
India might be one of the only places to have the Ikon still in production. So I wouldn't be surprised if the cosmetic changes are India specific.
Last time i checked, it was also in production in China and Mexico. Not sure now.

As for the design changes, i guess they would be limited to India alone. Even the changed bumper design was not rolled out in the above mentioned countries.
Old 1st August 2008, 19:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Last time i checked, it was also in production in China and Mexico. Not sure now.

As for the design changes, i guess they would be limited to India alone. Even the changed bumper design was not rolled out in the above mentioned countries.
The changed bumper as in your car and mine were available in the RS versions of the MarkV Fiesta in UK long back (So it wasn't India specific per se)
Old 2nd August 2008, 17:58   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Last time i checked, it was also in production in China and Mexico.
Mexican Ikons used to be assembled from kits supplied by Ford India which also exported kits to South Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

IMO, it looks real bad!
Agreed. It looks quite FORDish.
Old 4th August 2008, 13:26   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Mexican Ikons used to be assembled from kits supplied by Ford India which also exported kits to South Africa.
Seems not any more, the Fiesta in Mexico is the one that was famously scooped by Overdrive for us - it follows the one in Brazil.

SA replaced the Ikon with our Fiesta since a few months now.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:24   #150
BHPian

Interiors

IMO they should have done some twaeks to the interiors too. Just changing the Instument Cluster doesnt help if they want existing Ikon owners to go in for the new Diesel one.

I guess only pricing is the key now. If priced well, facelifted Ikon Diesel is going to sell like hot cakes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks