Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: When is Fiat India going to shut down?
2005 : They cant survive any longer. 22 9.05%
2006 25 10.29%
2007 or in the whereabouts. 21 8.64%
I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle. 175 72.02%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2005, 12:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

Well there was an advert out in today's Hindustan Times (Mumbai edition) from Anuroop Auto offering (a la Maruti) a 61,000 Re benefit on the Petra and a 32,000 one on the Palio. So there. Ha Ha Ha.
Old 20th August 2005, 12:50   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
btb..99% of Palio does not go to service centre other than routine service...so how does this ASS affect it?
Dude..the number of times a car goes to a Service station has nothing to do with the A.S.S of a company. A.S.S is the service one gets at a Service station of that company. Then he may take the car once in his lifetime or 100 times does not matter.
Old 20th August 2005, 14:51   #138
BHPian

I had to do a project on fiat and when i logged on to the site it says fiat is gonna launch 3 new cars next year....

Dont lose hope guys....fiat might be reconstructing its working but it plans to bounce back in the global as well as indian markets...
Old 20th August 2005, 14:55   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116
I had to do a project on fiat and when i logged on to the site it says fiat is gonna launch 3 new cars next year....

Where did you read this friend? Please post the URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Well there was an advert out in today's Hindustan Times (Mumbai edition) from Anuroop Auto offering (a la Maruti) a 61,000 Re benefit on the Petra and a 32,000 one on the Palio. So there. Ha Ha Ha.
Wow, The Petra is a steal for that price.....

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 20th August 2005 at 15:01.
Old 20th August 2005, 15:21   #140
Senior - BHPian

57% of BHP'ians were not able to figure out what a common man would do. In one way or other their love to the enthusiastic product came between their eyes blocking.

Car enthusiastic contribute only a small percentage of buyers, Address the market with great FE at affordable prices.

Even for FIAT, It's not the end of the road
Old 20th August 2005, 16:52   #141
BHPian

Fiat neeeds to completely revamp it's organisation - starting with getting rid of existing dealers and appointing those who can provide a decent level of service.
Some like Vivek Auto in Delhi -(Okhla) are a nbunch of cheats.

They could also do with a lot of PR.

heck, theres loads to be said about fiat.

shame about them - if they dont do anything drastic soon, they'll get completely squeezed out of the market.

And good or rather - how great the Palio and it's variants are , they need to launch a new car - something which looks contemporaray - i know most of us would hate it - but the Indian buyer has become used to or even in love with unorthodox looking cars - look at the Swift and the NHC.

And something with decent interiors for a change - my parents spent 7.35 on their adventure and the interiors were something you'd expect from a 3 lakh car.

And if only they could improve the extent and quality of their service network - Nothing like being in Jaipur on a Sunday, apart to leave for Delhi and find the power steering fluid reservoir empty - so i call Fiat's 24 hour helpline and they say 'sorrry saaar, sunday hai' ......

so i just called up a cousin and he told me that this is quite a frequent problem - poursed in a bottle of Castrol TQ and off we went.
but after a long drive i always find it empty and those nitwits cant figure it out.
and the tyres wore out within 15K kms - and they dont have them in stock - and probably no dealer stocks those Pirellis anyway.... thanks Fiat.

I hate you, I love your cars but I also cheat on them because while they tantalise me, they have many innate flaws.

Why can't Toyota or Honda or VW launch something in the 3-5 or even 6 lakh range ...

zaphod
Old 20th August 2005, 17:12   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod

Why can't Toyota or Honda or VW launch something in the 3-5 or even 6 lakh range ...

zaphod
god knows

probably these maufacturers want to post a upper-segment car manufacturer, look at toyota, it sells the camry at a price way higher than corolla, where it is considered the first car in the family in the western countries....
same with honda, they are known to device cars at a premium in india.......

...sorry mods, but felt like replying

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 20th August 2005 at 17:16.
Old 20th August 2005, 21:12   #143
BHPian

[quote=sandeepmdas]Where did you read this friend? Please post the URL.

Just go to google...type fiat india and u get lots of reports on the company...
Old 24th September 2005, 12:36   #144
BHPian

Finally It seems Fiat has given up and going out of india market.
CNBC channel is flashing News saying

"fiat likely to shutdown its indian operation"
Coming week they can do a official announcement..

Bad news Guys.. I myself is a Fiat Owner... and very disappointed after hearing that news
Old 24th September 2005, 16:35   #145
BANNED

hey, This piece of news is CRAZY !!! So what happens to all the cars that r roaming the streets ?? On the other hand this is the time to buy the GTX's .. they will be sold real cheap ... Do u think they could be re launching them selves a bit later after sorting out their after sales issues or some thing like that ..

But if true its a SAD END to a company that has the FERRARI in their stable ...

cheers
Old 24th September 2005, 16:36   #146

had a hunch these clowns were going to pack up and leave in a few months. to hell with them!

machismo
Old 24th September 2005, 16:40   #147
Senior - BHPian

Lets wait and watch. I am sad if this is true. But the tie-up with the Tatas should be a buffer I hope.
Old 24th September 2005, 21:56   #148
BHPian

I can understand that FIAT does not have a car appropriate for the Indian market as of now, and therefore wants to limit their exposure to India as much as possible.

Having said that, India is one of the last bastions where car penetration is so low, and one which has a burgeoning economy with good hopes for the future. If FIAT dupe the Indian customer now, they may lose the country for ever because no matter what they decide to do 10 years down the line, the Indian consumer may never trust them again.

I think, therefore, that FIAT should maintain a limited service presence in the country - even if it is limited to the metro cities. I am sure such a limited operation can be sustained given the number of Palios running around. And such an operation should be backed up with a regular parts supply from Brazil or Argentina. The spares would certainly become costlier, but I think the consumer would prefer it over selling their Palios dirt cheap.
Old 25th September 2005, 00:06   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand this is the time to buy the GTX's .. they will be sold real cheap ...
aahh..a real malady....now that's a thinker- to buy or not to buy...but then, remember the nexia and the matiz?of course you do...and what's happened to them poor cielo, nexia and matiz owners..?? they are cursing daewoo, that's what..!! never mind the fact that the nexia, cielo and the matiz were all great products. so, if anyone is thinkin' about a GTX, remember one thing- the company just might not be here, so no point in going for the cars; no matter what prices they are being sold at...

but then, this's a damn googly; why did fiat re-launch it's GTX and adventure variants if it was going to pack up and leave so soon?
Old 25th September 2005, 01:31   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
Dude..the number of times a car goes to a Service station has nothing to do with the A.S.S of a company. A.S.S is the service one gets at a Service station of that company. Then he may take the car once in his lifetime or 100 times does not matter.
Completely disagree..In my case the visits to the fiat service center have been increased by a factor on at least 1.5 to 2 times since all the complaints are not put right in the first visit itself...and this is fiat trademar service...

Both busil quality and ASS have bearing on how many times you will go to the service center
Closed Thread

Most Viewed