Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When is Fiat India going to shut down?
2005 : They cant survive any longer. 22 9.05%
2006 25 10.29%
2007 or in the whereabouts. 21 8.64%
I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle. 175 72.02%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2005, 13:08   #211
snoopy41

Since a lot of people go by the crap they read in the media,,rumours get aggravated,,Fiat most definitely will not pull out of India,,It is going to become the small car manufacturing hub of the world and all manufacturers look upon their domestic sales as a bonus,,since their products have global appeal,,obviously this does not and cannot apply to Maruti 9since everyone knows Suzuki make brilliant bikes and ****ty cars),,Tata (since they do their R&D on their customers cars and feedback and Hyundai ( about whom one issue of CAR UK made the following comment,,an amazing product as they have managed to Bugger up both the ride and handling ) and recommended a 20 year old VW golf as a better alternative to the ATOZ-our santro

Old 2nd October 2005, 04:53   #212
Senior - BHPian

http://news.webindia123.com/news/sho...1&cat=Business

Fiat India gets a new MD.
Old 2nd October 2005, 21:28   #213
Senior - BHPian

saw the new look palio ? wonder when its gonna coem here .
Old 3rd October 2005, 15:40   #214
BANNED

Production to start from Ranjangaon

Kurla plant & it's machinery is being moved to Ranjangaon near Pune & the production will start their in 6 months time.

Now apart from Sundaram we shall have option of Concorde & Manipal dealers for Palio service & spares. Also those of you who are planning to buy new FIAT cars may have more dealers options...

Moderators' note: TBHP does not support cross posting of threads. This is outright plagiarism. Instead of putting the same post (as there in PalioUsersIndia), you can put it in your own words and provide credit the original source.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd October 2005 at 19:02.
Old 3rd October 2005, 15:55   #215
Senior - BHPian

Hi hasopi,

Where did you get this news from?

Cheers,
Old 3rd October 2005, 16:13   #216
BHPian

Does that mean there wont be any production for next 6 months..
Or will palio and petra come out from TATA plant??

Would appriciate if link to this news is provided.

Cheers
Old 4th October 2005, 16:05   #217
BANNED

Fiat's CEO sees extension of partnersip with Tata

More news on allaince

MILAN (AFX) - Fiat SpA's chief executive Sergio Marchionne said that in the medium-long term India's Tata Motors will be one of the company's most important partners, also for commercial, industrial and agricultural vehicles.

'Together we could have global ambitions, (build) wider alliances: I would like, for example, to make a common engine for the Asian market in India,' he said in a interview with the daily Corriere della Sera.

Marchionne also said an extended partnership with Tata will give access not only to India but also to other markets.

Last month, Fiat announced it signed a memorandum of understanding with Tata to study possible cooperation in the car sector.

Asked about possible joint ventures at Iveco, Marchionne said the unit will will expand in China, without adding details.

http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds...fx2258117.html
Old 11th October 2005, 13:11   #218
Senior - BHPian

Hello everybody,

I happened to have a chat with Hormudz of AutoCar last Sunday. I had posted a query regarding Fiat India's fate on their website and they decided to call me up. They are planning to air my question in their Autoshow (probably tonight at 10:30 pm). I am not too sure whether it will be in this show or the next one.

It was during those first few days when these rumours of Fiat India getting out of India were published that I got upset and had plans to sell my car ASAP. I had written to them instinctively asking for their suggestion. The query is regarding that.

It is a kind of mixed feeling for me because there are chances that my voice will be heard on TV, the first for me and I am happy and eager to see how it sounds . The sad part is that AutoCar also looks very certain that Fiat India is planning its exit.

Anyway, I now have no plans of selling my car.

Cheers,
Old 11th October 2005, 13:13   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
The sad part is that AutoCar also looks very certain that Fiat India is planning its exit.
Interesting. Very veyr interesting.
Old 11th October 2005, 14:21   #220
Team-BHP Support

What time is the autoshow tonight?
Old 11th October 2005, 14:31   #221
cnu
BHPian

'Autoshow' on CNBC TV18:
Tuesday 10.30 PM
Repeat @ Sunday 10.30 AM & 9.30 PM
Old 11th October 2005, 18:22   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was during those first few days when these rumours of Fiat India getting out of India were published
Quote:
The sad part is that AutoCar also looks very certain that Fiat India is planning its exit.
I guess during those first few days even Autocar knew as much about Fiat India's plans as we team-bhpians knew so and thats probably the reason Hormazd said what he did. Come to think about it, Fiat India has still not said what it's plans are. I mean we know from "sources" that they plan to move to Ranjangaon but Fiat India has not commented anything as yet.

Last edited by amit : 11th October 2005 at 18:26.
Old 11th October 2005, 18:33   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I guess during those first few days even Autocar knew as much about Fiat India's plans as we team-bhpians knew so and thats probably the reason Hormazd said what he did. Come to think about it, Fiat India has still not said what it's plans are. I mean we know from "sources" that they plan to move to Ranjangaon but Fiat India has not commented anything as yet.
I agree with you on this. Everything is still a speculation and my primary aim was to check with ACI whether they know anything better from their sources. But from the look of things, it does not seem so. Speculation continues :( ....
Old 11th October 2005, 18:35   #224
Senior - BHPian

@DeepakHon, I'll not really be surprised if the "sources" of CNBC, which claimed Fiat India is closing down, are actually AutoCar folks. So you should feel equally sad as earlier, no more no less
Old 11th October 2005, 18:38   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
@DeepakHon, I'll not really be surprised if the "sources" of CNBC, which claimed Fiat India is closing down, are actually AutoCar folks. So you should feel equally sad as earlier, no more no less
Agreed. The only positive thing to emerge out of this exercise is that I can get to hear my voice on a TV channel if they decide to air this question
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks