Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2019, 19:23   #2716
BHPian

Re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
The V-Power does seem to give better mileage than normal fuel, (+2 kmpl) so I've filled up another tank of that, the engine becomes much more quieter as well.

Essar also claims to give similar quality fuel (normal Shell quality, not V-Power) at lower prices, though I've not found any difference when driving with it. The V-Power quality is on another level altogether.
Hi Dark Knight,

I hardly go to Shell. Is that V-power petrol or diesel ?
Old 21st January 2019, 20:11   #2717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Is this across all Shell bunks as last night I did a tank up of Vpower and I did not get anything :( can you please share pics of the key chain.
No idea if it's for all the outlets, but I did a top-up subsequently as well and got another tissue box (stocks were almost over). This is the new outlet next to Nous Infosystems in Jakkasandra. En route to ORR and Trident Hyundai service station. Lazy to click pics and upload but its a tan colored oval soft-touch rexine pad with the Shell motif in dark burgundy embossed on it. The tissue quality is good as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I hardly go to Shell. Is that V-power petrol or diesel ?
V-Power is available both in petrol and diesel, mine was petrol. No idea if diesel V-Power has proven claims but it should work as the fuel has added nitrous and cleaning agents (detergent chemicals), which should make combustion smoother, faster and make less noise while at it.

The fun is when the car is driven just when the tank is topped up, it responds like a go-kart, with noise at higher revs almost non-existent.. shocking.
Old 21st January 2019, 20:51   #2718
BHPian

Looks like Shell is expanding quite rapidly. Saw a new store being opened just opposite to Hiranandani apartment in Bannerghatta Road. This location very near to me and not crowded at all. Good for me as no need to wait in queues in ORR shell station. But not sure why they have opened this store at this location considering this is but interior. Also there is one more which has come up in ORR just before Central mall in Bellandur
Old 21st January 2019, 21:10   #2719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
There is one Shell Fuel Station coming up just before Vellore, after Pallikonda.
Where exactly is this? I didn't quite notice this returning to Madras, 3 weeks back.
Old 22nd January 2019, 00:12   #2720
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Where exactly is this? I didn't quite notice this returning to Madras, 3 weeks back.
The new Shell Fuel Station is coming up in Abdullah Puram, just before Vellore.

The link to the Google Map is given below
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Nu...1!4d79.0776506

I drive this route at least once in 15 days and i am extremely happy that Shell is available on Highways.
Old 12th February 2019, 13:00   #2721
BHPian

A Shell fuel station has recently re-opened at Navi Mumbai, and I got my GT TSI filled up with their ULP today. Unlike the experience of others here, there was no pressure to buy V-Power. I am not really as knowledgeable about fuels as most of the other members on this thread, so I started reading up.

I have always wanted to try fuel with a higher RON, but neither the manager of the fuel station nor the Shell website could give me that information. Out of interest, I called up Shell customer care, and the executive I spoke to confirmed that both Shell ULP and Shell V-Power are 91 RON. But V-Power is more expensive by almost Rs 8 per liter! Could someone who uses V-Power regularly help me understand what one gets for that premium?

Apologies if the question has already been answered. I did look before posting, but couldn't find any helpful answers.
Old 12th February 2019, 13:17   #2722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
I called up Shell customer care, and the executive I spoke to confirmed that both Shell ULP and Shell V-Power are 91 RON. But V-Power is more expensive by almost Rs 8 per liter! Could someone who uses V-Power regularly help me understand what one gets for that premium?
V-power only contains additives. It is their friction reducing additives which they call Dynaflex. You can read more on it here
https://www.shell.in/motorists/shell...echnology.html

Frankly speaking V-power doesn't give as much performance difference as the premium it demands over regular Shell Unleaded. That said, I always prefer Shell Unleaded over Petrol from any other Station.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 13:55   #2723
BHPian

Shell Fuel Stations in Bangalore are on an expansion spree. I am seeing so many new stations that have come up and even more newer those are getting constructed. I hope this should bring in price parity with PSU fuel stations.
rajesh.palaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 10:56   #2724
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Is there a Shell bunk near Swati Delicacy, Shell website seems to indicate presence of one. I never saw though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Not in the 2 weeks for sure. I passed it twice during Xmas week and once on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Ok, possibly there is something coming in that place then, this route is getting busier every year so not surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Looks like the shell website is incorrect. The one you are talking about is 9kms inside the highway.
While returning from Udupi on yesterday, I noticed a small signage with a Shell Logo and "16 KMS" written on it somewhere between Bellur Cross and Yediyur if my memory serves me right.

This came a surprise and I was wondering where could this be as I didn't find any fuel station coming up on this stretch that was work in progress (and one can easily identify the brand even when it is work in progress).

However, surprise surprise....If google maps is to be believed and so the photos tagged to this location, there is indeed a Shell station before Swati Delicacy that requires one to drive 800 meters off NH to access this.

Image Courtesy : Google Reviews

Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-shell-near-yediyur-distance.jpg

Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-shell-near-yediyur.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 12:12   #2725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
However, surprise surprise....If google maps is to be believed and so the photos tagged to this location, there is indeed a Shell station before Swati Delicacy that requires one to drive 800 meters off NH to access this.
If this is true, then it's a wonderful piece of information! This will be my fuel stop location when returning back to Bangalore
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 12:17   #2726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
If this is true, then it's a wonderful piece of information!
I will still take the google location casually but I do remember spotting that sign with a Shell Logo and 16 Km and hence I am sure this exists and if this location is right, it serves the purpose to certain extent although I would have expected this to be useful for those heading out of Bangalore than into Bangalore isn't it?

Plus, the satellite image confirms this is the same break in the median where we take a U turn for Swati Delicacy when driving out of Bangalore so it may end up serving the purpose too as one can take right into this road and access the Shell station .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 14:12   #2727
Lij
BHPian

Saw when I was on my way to the T-BHP meet last weekend that the shell petrol bunk in Rabale, Navi Mumbai has reopened with a small coffee shop as well. As per GMaps its open 24 hours.
Location is just after the Rabale police station.

Last edited by Lij : 5th March 2019 at 14:16.
Old 5th March 2019, 18:20   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Saw when I was on my way to the T-BHP meet last weekend that the shell petrol bunk in Rabale, Navi Mumbai has reopened with a small coffee shop as well. As per GMaps its open 24 hours.
Location is just after the Rabale police station.
I tanked up on this pump on Saturday on my way to Diveagar. As per the pump operator, there is another one coming up in Thane most likely in Rabodi Nake area.
Old 11th March 2019, 10:04   #2729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The new Shell Fuel Station is coming up in Abdullah Puram, just before Vellore.
This Shell outlet is now open. Saw couple of vehicles filling up when I crossed it.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 02:00   #2730
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
This Shell outlet is now open. Saw couple of vehicles filling up when I crossed it.
Wonderful.

I drove down from Chennai to Bangalore today, but as i was in a hurry, i did not check. Will tank up on Saturday when i drive back to Chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks